Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 151 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was confusion about “rights” circulating the Stranger Things discussion, which made people think the rights weren’t secured. Because of that, some folks are still skittish about the threat of losing the rights. The rights issue was specifically for a song that had to be separately negotiated. Those music rights weren’t impacting the availability of Stranger Things itself, which was (turns out) ALWAYS in the plan.
A song, you say? Hmmmm

Reactions: Ahmanet
There was confusion about “rights” circulating the Stranger Things discussion, which made people think the rights weren’t secured. Because of that, some folks are still skittish about the threat of losing the rights. The rights issue was specifically for a song that had to be separately negotiated. Those music rights weren’t impacting the availability of Stranger Things itself, which was (turns out) ALWAYS in the plan.

So those individuals basically outed who their sources were.

So those individuals basically outed who their sources were.
As if that weren’t already an issue this year.

But I’ve heard it from multiple camps that (I believe) are not directly connected to each other. Now, that doesn’t mean it wasn’t a single source to both camps, but it definitely has the feel of backstage chatter employees expect to stay quiet that spread too far too fast.

Last edited:
As if that weren’t already an issue this year.

But I’ve heard it from multiple camps that (I believe) are not directly connected to each other. Now, that doesn’t mean it wasn’t a single source to both camps, but it definitely has the feel of backstage chatter employees expect to stay quiet that spread too far too fast.

"We don't have the rights to a song" feels like can be traced back to a handful of people versus "people looked into the tent and saw a dustbowl carnival".

The question I have is, since it's pretty clear Demon Slayer is not happening (personally, I'd be totally fine if it DID, as Japanese Demons are very much up my alley.), then what IS actually happening? Is it an original?...or is it an IP right in plain sight?...perhaps one that would also draw crowds? Since at this point, the only reason HHN would have a 6/4 split of IP's and Originals is if they were able to land several big IP's. Ones that they know are big, ones that are trending big, and perhaps ones they've attempted to nab but haven't for one reason or another. Makes ya' think...
It’s probably an original. Remember Legacy tweeted a while ago Universal is using IP names as code names so DS is one of those and in reality it’s probably an original.

"We don't have the rights to a song" feels like can be traced back to a handful of people versus "people looked into the tent and saw a dustbowl carnival".
Oh, definitely. But there is also the complication of upper-level management across departments having some visibility of what’s happening in other departments (internal and external to A&D), and rumors running through chains that have absolutely nothing with what’s happening.

It happens in the military all the time. Basically, if you discuss something in a room with more than three people in it, it becomes almost impossible to follow the information from there. Who’s to say someone in Wardrobe didn’t tell their friend Food Services about it and that’s how it leaked. Everyone at Uni is under NDAs, so everyone SHOULD be safe to tell.

Oh, definitely. But there is also the complication of upper-level management across departments having some visibility of what’s happening in other departments (internal and external to A&D), and rumors running through chains that have absolutely nothing with what’s happening.

It happens in the military all the time. Basically, if you discuss something in a room with more than three people in it, it becomes almost impossible to follow the information from there. Who’s to say someone in Wardrobe didn’t tell their friend Food Services about it and that’s how it leaked. Everyone at Uni is under NDAs, so everyone SHOULD be safe to tell.

"oh did you hear entertainment is having trouble getting a METALICA song for a *whispers* haunted house *whispers*?" which then turns into we have a musical house this year and it's metalica.

There wasn’t a headliner IP last year IMO.

Halloween is a headliner. As evidenced by the consistent long long lines for it. People who go 10 times every year hate it because they have seen so many Halloween houses but for us, who have never seen one, we thought it was an awesome and faithful walkthrough of the film with great scares and settings.

And The Weeknd, he’s a headliner.

If Halloween wasn't a headliner, I don't know what is. I'm aware there have been Halloween houses before, but it is the quintessential slasher film. There are very few, if any, Halloween movies more iconic than... well, Halloween.

So with all this talk, we are assuming Demon Slayer is a cover up for another IP or original? Stranger Things *might* be happening and TLOU is pretty much a dead lock as far as speculation goes? What a wild spec season it’s been!

Interesting idea. I didn't know that there was a massive circus tent fire like that in Springfield. I know that there was one in Hartford, Connecticut in the 1940s. A massive blaze, real horrible moment.

In any case, a 1930s circus or carnival going up in flames would add some neat variation to the basic carnival theme.
I'm sure it was Hartford then. Been 30 years since I've lived up that way, the cities all blend. Apparently as a little girl my mom was supposed to go to the circus at the next stop, down in New Haven or wherever, so heard about it growing up.

Reactions: ShapeOfMysers
The Weeknd was definitely a big property but it didn’t feel like Ghostbusters or Stranger Things from HHN29.

From simply a Hollywood perspective as someone who was there for two nights in 2022 and one night for 2019, I would argue The Weeknd is pretty similar if not more demanding than ST due to the reach and accessibility. It never really died down for The Weeknd, not in merchandising, the bar, or the house.

Atleast from the limited glimpses that I saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.