Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 154 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I recall, Ghostbusters was generally well received...for the first three weeks. That's when most of the effects were working and it had full casts.

After that, effects were breaking, and people dropped out, so the whole thing wasn't as hot as it was in the early season.

And when it comes to HotY, there's a bunch of factors which ultimately determine it (a lot of them more relating to operations than actual scares.), but one of them is cast turnovers and folks definitely dropped out of Ghostbusters, which did count against it.

If I recall, Ghostbusters was generally well received...for the first three weeks. That's when most of the effects were working and it had full casts.

After that, effects were breaking, and people dropped out, so the whole thing wasn't as hot as it was in the early season.

And when it comes to HotY, there's a bunch of factors which ultimately determine it (a lot of them more relating to operations than actual scares.), but one of them is cast turnovers and folks definitely dropped out of Ghostbusters, which did count against it.

Yeah, but at the end of the day if A&D's favorite doesn't win something went wrong.

Then again, I'm surprised that Pier didn't win last year.

Reactions: Ahmanet
Yeah, but at the end of the day if A&D's favorite doesn't win something went wrong.

Then again, I'm surprised that Pier didn't win last year.
What the heck won last year?

If ST is really happening, season 4 offers enough memorable, plot-related songs to fill the lagoon show all on its own - no need to hope that the Exorcist prequel uses Tubular Bells or that audiences remember the Chucky theme song.

I'm curious to know what the reception was for the previous stranger things houses. having only been to hollywood (with the exception of 2017), I thought the previous stranger things houses were pretty mediocre. I obviously agree that it would be a huge draw, but I have a hard time getting excited about it given the relative mediocrity (imo) in Hollywood.

I'm curious to know what the reception was for the previous stranger things houses. having only been to hollywood (with the exception of 2017), I thought the previous stranger things houses were pretty mediocre. I obviously agree that it would be a huge draw, but I have a hard time getting excited about it given the relative mediocrity (imo) in Hollywood.
The first was pretty beloved. I found it mid. The second one was panned. I suspect/hope this one will be the best of the three.

Over here in Orlando, the first version (2018) was a pleasant surprise. It had the look-alikes; it had the sets, and it had a lot more scares than I thought it would. For me it was dead last in anticipation, and it easily ended up in my Top 5. And for a lot of folks it was well-received!

As for the second year (2019), it was a case of "Bigger is Not necessarily Better...". While it had some nice sets, neat transitions and a very fleshy Mind-Flayer...the look-alikes weren't as on point as 2018's (The poor actors who had to play Billy were given this awful blonde curly wig.), the scares weren't as good/prevalent either, and even cool moments like the Mind-Flayer were outshone by other houses doing the same effect but better. (Eg. Klownzilla in KKfOS.) All that said, it was still leaps and bounds better than Hollywood's attempt which is iconic for all the wrong reasons.

So one good, and one not-so-good. I still fully welcome a new ST house since last season could possibly translate pretty darn well into a house, and I think Orlando's team can pull it off.

If ST is really happening, season 4 offers enough memorable, plot-related songs to fill the lagoon show all on its own - no need to hope that the Exorcist prequel uses Tubular Bells or that audiences remember the Chucky theme song.
I've been waiting for someone to mention this so I could go on my Lagoon show rant.

This rumored lineup has the potential to come very close to MoM 2019. Lot of good music to use.

Stranger Things (RUtH, Master of Puppets, Separate Ways)
The Last of Us
Chucky
Exorcist
Phantom of the Opera

All have good, pretty iconic music that can be used.

I've been waiting for someone to mention this so I could go on my Lagoon show rant.

This rumored lineup has the potential to come very close to MoM 2019. Lot of good music to use.

Stranger Things (RUtH, Master of Puppets, Separate Ways)
The Last of Us
Chucky
Exorcist
Phantom of the Opera

All have good, pretty iconic music that can be used.
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, but we are not getting a lagoon show this year. If there's an additional show, it will be set up with a stage. The magnitude of that show, I don't know, but the lagoon isn't happening.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, but we are not getting a lagoon show this year. If there's an additional show, it will be set up with a stage. The magnitude of that show, I don't know, but the lagoon isn't happening.
Good to hear. I like the lagoon show but I liked having the CP area.

Reactions: Ringwraith
Status
Not open for further replies.