Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 161 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The rumor is a fantasy-aligned house with some DD easter eggs. Might not be DD at all, just some fun nods like the Hagrids queue. Could be a recreation of the queue with scare actors, complete with ride at the end. We'll see!
That's what I've also heard, but it just makes things easier to just say "Dueling Dragons," which at the very least, will have easter eggs of the ride. Either way I am very excited for this one!

What will be the first (... second) house announcement - an IP or an original?
How about both? My guess is Universal Monsters in Paris!

• Love
Reactions: Ahmanet
That's what I've also heard, but it just makes things easier to just say "Dueling Dragons," which at the very least, will have easter eggs of the ride. Either way I am very excited for this one!

How about both? My guess is Universal Monsters in Paris!
I hope its Monsters. I want to know more about that house so bad. We don't even know which Monsters it would be right?

Have they ever done a Creepy Pasta house or considered it? Could be a lot of good material cheap.
Not as cheap as you might think. Every written work--including creepy pasta online--is protected by copyright. Even if it isn't registered with the government and have a circle-C on it, it's protected.

If you want to use, say, a Blumhouse film, reach out to Blumhouse. They have the rights to the script, characters, etc,, and legal documents saying as much. If you want to make a Slenderman house based on a copypasta ... good luck establishing who wrote it originally, then tracking them down and paying them for the rights. Because house Legal isn't going to accept, "oh, the author will never bother trying to collect on this." If you want to base a house on anything, you need a solid lock on the rights.

I hope its Monsters. I want to know more about that house so bad. We don't even know which Monsters it would be right?
The Phantom of the Opera is all but confirmed, however the overall rumor is The Universal Monsters set in Paris, which already includes The Hunchback of Notre Dame and The Phantom, which takes place in the Paris Opéra House/Palais Garnier. The only remaining monster that I'm unsure of is either Dracula or The Invisible Man, but I'm more so expecting the latter especially since we already had Dracula last year. I love the look of The Invisible Man, but I wouldn't complain if they had Dracula though :lol:

The Phantom of the Opera is all but confirmed, however the overall rumor is The Universal Monsters set in Paris, which already includes The Hunchback of Notre Dame and The Phantom, which takes place in the Paris Opéra House/Palais Garnier. The only remaining monster that I'm unsure of is either Dracula or The Invisible Man, but I'm more so expecting the latter especially since we already had Dracula last year. I love the look of The Invisible Man, but I wouldn't complain if they had Dracula though :lol:

The invisible man is in every monsters house don't you know.

We need a Creature from the Black Lagoon house!!

What does everyone think Demon Slayer is code for?

I thought the Japanese creature house would have been really cool to see.

Last edited:
What does everyone think Demon Slayer is code for?

I thought the Japanese creature house would have been really cool to see. It’s been left off the second speculation map and a lot of people think Demon Slayer is a code name for another big IP.

If stranger things is the top secret IP, what other IPs would fit for this one?

I think the use of code names was very smart on Universals part this year. No one is very sure of anything this year but you can kind of trace the code names to see which one lines up

It was originally rumored there would be an IT house, then a terrifier house and both of those were likely used to keep the Jack/Dr Oddfellow carnival house under wraps.

We had a Japanese creature house rumored then Demon Slayer which are both likely covering up for some Japanese IP or original house.

There was an invasion house rumored very early on which was likely the cover for Stranger Things.

The only two IPs they really didn’t cover was Universal Monsters and Last of Us. I’m sure it’s because most people already expected a Last of Us house due to the popularity of the show.
I would like it to be for Evil Dead Rise, but I think that ship probably sailed last year.

It could be that In order to keep the full lineup under wraps, each department heard something different on what a house was based on.

Someone may have heard IT, someone else terrifer and someone else a different clown IP. This keeps the actual house from being spoiled even when people start seeing clown/carnival props. The actual house right now is rumored to be an Icon carnival house. That’s why everyone spread rumors about different clown IPs.

Im not sure if this was intentional or just something that happens when you have a large group of people trying to look for leaks of what houses may end up being

Last edited:
They are mostly right - but the "IP codenames" hypothesis came from trying to make sense of some of the rumors going around, not to cover asses.
I completely agree. “Code names” is the wrong word for it. Someone may have seen some clown props and it just set off a bunch of rumors of different clown IPs.

Still I feel like this year it’s really hard to get consistent information, much harder than previous years and I really don’t know what to attribute that to.

An IP that I pretty much know is coming isn’t even really being talked about by some of these insiders and some of the rumors that they are following are completely out there

I completely agree. “Code names” is the wrong word for it. Someone may have seen some clown props and it just set off a bunch of rumors of different clown IPs.

Still I feel like this year it’s really hard to get consistent information, much harder than previous years and I really don’t know what to attribute that to.

An IP that I pretty much know is coming isn’t even really being talked about by some of these insiders and some of the rumors that they are following are completely out there
What’s that IP?

Again whether it was intentional or not, this year has been very hard for “insiders” to crack.

I keep going back to earlier this year when at least three surveys re: unlikely things that virtually begged to get reposted on social media made the rounds. It sounds like Universal is plumbing leaks all over this year. I can only assume that's preemptive to keep some yet unknown things about Epic Universe as close to the vest as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.