Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 163 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the first house announcement is going to be Monsters. The first big IP they announce will probably be in June.

I have some clarification on one of the original houses. The spec map has a house where everyone assumed the house was going to be a witch based house. There are no witches at this years event.

The house is actually a cult group that has human sacrifices. They are not witches even though that may sound similar.

Unless it's to talk about some non-objectifying / sexualizing female focused IP coming to the event such as one with a strong female protagonist (Stranger Things or, having not seen it and wildly assuming it's the stand in for the Demon Slayer map entry, Evil Dead Rise) or a full zone/show based on female characters (M3gan) or some as yet unknown original.

Talking about women in HHN and then announcing an "empowering" female house/zone/show while talking about the 3000 lbs gorilla in the room of past female-centric houses/zones/shows objectifying the women and putting them in skimpy outfits could be pretty relevant and draw more buzz then a blog post.

Despite being a straight male, I've generally preferred the times where female centric houses didn't involve objectification.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I feel like last year's early merch was a limited run, so it got shifted as the inventory dwindled.

I am hopeful for an impending announcement though.

Unless it's to talk about some non-objectifying / sexualizing female focused IP coming to the event such as one with a strong female protagonist (Stranger Things or, having not seen it and wildly assuming it's the stand in for the Demon Slayer map entry, Evil Dead Rise) or a full zone/show based on female characters (M3gan) or some as yet unknown original.

Talking about women in HHN and then announcing an "empowering" female house/zone/show while talking about the 3000 lbs gorilla in the room of past female-centric houses/zones/shows objectifying the women and putting them in skimpy outfits could be pretty relevant and draw more buzz then a blog post.
Not happening. It will focus on woman in general and not a certain IP. StrTh has 11 and Joyce but they will focus on others. EDR won’t happen for that.

Honestly, a cult house could be really interesting. I'd much prefer that over witches.
Especially because the cult seems to be similar to the cults of Wicker Man and Midsommer. It’s not a rip off but it’s similar in the way that they do human sacrifice and you are supposed to be the next sacrifice as you walk through their village.

The original houses that are rumored right now seem to be one of the strongest line up of original houses in a very long time.

Cult House
Dr Oddfellows Carnival
Dragons
Crossroads

Also I’ve been hearing the Phantom Paris house is set during the Victorian age.

The original houses that are rumored right now seem to be one of the strongest line up of original houses in a very long time.

Cult House
Dr Oddfellows Carnival
Dragons
Crossroads

Also I’ve been hearing the Phantom Paris house is set during the Victorian age.

Seems like a super strong list of IP's too. This year has the potential (if these really are the houses) to be an all-timer.

I don’t know who will end up doing the masks for Last of Us but immortal masks has been used by HHN.

They’ve recently done a Last of Us prop mask and even if they don’t end up doing the final project it can show you the quality of masks that can be done for this IP.
With makeup and lighting they could look really lifelike

Their quality is the best, coming from someone who wore silicon masks for years at a haunt.
These things are 1 hottttt and 2 you will have a headache by the end of the night. But you cant beat the detail silicon brings, not to mention the time actors don't need to spend in makeup.
These need to be used for sure, if they have the opportunity!

Reactions: HHNIcon
Their quality is the best, coming from someone who wore silicon masks for years at a haunt.
These things are 1 hottttt and 2 you will have a headache by the end of the night. But you cant beat the detail silicon brings, not to mention the time actors don't need to spend in makeup.
These need to be used for sure, if they have the opportunity!
They’ve been used for years by HHN. It’s one of the companies that HHN has used before but I’m not sure if they are doing this property.

Universal also has an internal team that design masks for HHN

Last edited:
Reactions: P_Roko21
What if the rumored circus tent with dust is a mini experience to promote HHN coming to Vegas? They did have Jack in the press release when they announced things. I know the tent is half the size as normal but why wouldn't HHN promote their year round experience at the show itself. Great promotion opportunity for all that visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.