Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 182 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be my last comment on this, and I know it's not meant to be ill-intended, but saying we're ignoring sanity for thinking there may be an 11th house based off the permit feels rude. I think it's okay to at least entertain the idea and speculate what it could mean, whether that's a house or show or something else entirely, considering the permit is identical to previous HHN permits.

This will be my last comment on this, and I know it's not meant to be ill-intended, but saying we're ignoring sanity for thinking there may be an 11th house based off the permit feels rude. I think it's okay to at least entertain the idea and speculate what it could mean, whether that's a house or show or something else entirely, considering the permit is identical to previous HHN permits.

I get you, and it definitely doesn't mean to be ill-intended - it's just I think some of us can get blinded by the thought of the rumor instead of the reality staring right in our faces. We had this issue with the last permit for MIB, and despite some of us saying "It's not for HHN" and it's half the size of the normal tent, people chose to ignore it and keep pushing the "11" narrative.

The truth is, the soundstages aren't only used for HHN. The permit could be a multitude of things - including maybe being rented out for production use, or as boring as a DAVE School project.

giphy.gif

It's just fascinating that in the same breath that some of these "rumormongers" say "They're looking to replace a rumored IP" we hear "They're adding an 11th house".

We've entered a new age of HHN rumor talk where content creators/vloggers try to milk what they can and there need to be some changes. We're getting to a point where I think it's doing more harm than good.

I think that line has been crossed many times over the years. It's a vicious cycle. Fans clamor for more and more inside info... and you really can't really blame them - speculation *is* fun, exciting, and addictive.

But, when there is nothing new to report or nothing permissible to share, some "content creators/vloggers/rumormongers/etc." stir the pot by confabulating or even by just straight up inventing 'news' regardless of the repercussions. (False) hope can become expectation and can ultimately lead to disappointment. We now live in a world where being first/popular is generally desired versus being accurate. Patience runs thin.

It's a fine line to walk and some can (do) miss the mark, which as stated above, does indeed do more harm than good.

A reality check from time-to-time can truly be a necessity.

Last edited:
I think that line has been crossed many times over the years. It's a vicious cycle. Fans clamor for more and more inside info... and you really can't really blame them - speculation *is* fun, exciting, and addictive.

But, when there is nothing new to report or nothing permissible to share, some "content creators/vloggers/rumormongers/etc." stir the pot by confabulating or even by just straight up inventing 'news' regardless of the repercussions. (False) hope can become expectation and can ultimately lead to disappointment. We now live in a world where being first/popular is generally desired versus being accurate. Patience runs thin.

It's a fine line to walk and some can (do) miss the mark, which as stated above, does indeed do more harm than good.

A reality check from time-to-time can truly be a necessity.
To be fair this time around, the claim wasn't completely unfound. From the surface it certainly looked like any normal house permit, which would have made 11 total. So the misunderstanding that that could have been for an 11th house was valid imo. I don't think anyone "made this one up" or even bent the truth, some people thought it was a possibility because that's what it was looking like with the evidence we had for the time.

Reactions: theuberguberman
To be fair this time around, the claim wasn't completely unfound. From the surface it certainly looked like any normal house permit, which would have made 11 total. So the misunderstanding that that could have been for an 11th house was valid imo. I don't think anyone "made this one up" or even bent the truth, some people thought it was a possibility because that's what it was looking like with the evidence we had for the time.
It was, because Universal had already confirmed 10 houses. It’s been repeated it’s been 10 by trusted people. Using the one time in 2018 as an example makes it the exception, not the rule. The permit could’ve been for anything. The only ones pushing for the 11th seem to be the ones that banked on that being a legit rumor. The appropriate way to handle the permit would be “hey, a permit popped up. Wonder if this is HHN-related” but that doesn’t stir up clicks.

It was, because Universal had already confirmed 10 houses. It’s been repeated it’s been 10 by trusted people. Using the one time in 2018 as an example makes it the exception, not the rule. The permit could’ve been for anything. The only ones pushing for the 11th seem to be the ones that banked on that being a legit rumor. The appropriate way to handle the permit would be “hey, a permit popped up. Wonder if this is HHN-related” but that doesn’t stir up clicks.
The reason 2018 was the only example is because it's not every year that the house number increases, so the most recent time it did would make the most sense to base ideas on moving forward. It could have been, but the way it was worded really made it seem like it was for a house, not many Universal Permits use the words "Interior Alteration", and with it being in a place that has held houses before it is easy to see why people would think it would be use for one again.

Also, it's been a crazy spec season. Trusted people who were confident in certain things have been proven wrong, so I think people are a little more open minded and wary about what people are saying. After all this is speculation season, we all could be wrong who knows.

The main point I'm trying to make is that it's a turbulent spec season. Don't be harsh on people who believe certain things cause honestly if this spec season has proven anything, it has proven that it could happen to anyone. We've all believed in silly rumors from time to time.

Last edited:
Also, it's been a crazy spec season. Trusted people who were confident in certain things have been proven wrong, so I think people are a little more open minded and wary about what people are saying. After all this is speculation season, we all could be wrong who knows.
cool, but what about universal saying there are 10 houses? are we so open minded now that we ignore official information?

Reactions: Ahmanet
cool, but what about universal saying there are 10 houses? are we so open minded now that we ignore official information?
I've already explained why this could be confusing. Back in HHN28 after dates were announced and during the first few house announcements, the website said 9 houses. IT wasn't until like June after three or so houses were announced that they announced they would have 10 houses. It's easy to see why people would be confused when the most recent time HHN has upped the number of haunted houses that happened.

I could grab screenshots if you would like.

Reactions: theuberguberman
I've already explained why this could be confusing. Back in HHN28 after dates were announced and during the first few house announcements, the website said 9 houses. IT wasn't until like June after three or so houses were announced that they announced they would have 10 houses. It's easy to see why people would be confused when the most recent time HHN has upped the number of haunted houses that happened.

I could grab screenshots if you would like.
Yes - and has already been clarified, it was a major belief across the board we were getting 10 houses that it was expected there would be a change.

Here

Technically, if you go back to the HHN28 spec thread, by page 2 of the thread, @Nick had already said he heard 10 houses were likely. -runs and hides- :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.