Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 201 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the most interesting thing about the announcements being this late is that it feels like it’s been awhile since we’ve had to wait this long. Which admittedly is agonizing, but after the first one we are gonna be eating good. I expect in the coming weeks we’ll get our first announcement and not soon after our second.

But this wait has me thinking that some plans may have been foiled behind the scenes.
I hope I am wrong though.

But this wait has me thinking that some plans may have been foiled behind the scenes.
I hope I am wrong though.

Universal loves to capitalize on slow news cycles or other parks making news. It wouldn't surprise me if there was some shuffling to avoid getting lost in a busy news cycle, something didn't get approved, or hell this was always the plan.

"Jurassic Park Tribute Store Teases Future Halloween Horror Nights 2023 Announcements at Universal Studios Florida"

... so they didn't forget that HHN opens in 3 months

Universal loves to capitalize on slow news cycles or other parks making news. It wouldn't surprise me if there was some shuffling to avoid getting lost in a busy news cycle, something didn't get approved, or hell this was always the plan.
With Legacy’s recent tweet saying “if your patient for 6-7 more weeks… maybe you’ll get rewarded with another announcement
” and with Brains post replying to @Ahmanet

Unless they plan on announcing some minor things prior to the middle of May, as this post suggests, it's going to be longer for the major cross-park IP announcement.
It's almost as if nobody believed us :smirk:

While I have no solid evidence (speculation), I would imagine that Disney looking really good (for the first time in several months) due to Little Mermaid might have put the announcement off a few days. That, as well as all of the regional re-openings and new attractions, might make Uni want to be sure that it has the winning hand on the chosen week.

I also think that HHN makes for a great distraction in the case of any Pride news that might cause inevitable political turmoil. Disney always announces two or three things at a time (Starcruiser; New Ariel; Massive Layoffs) as a sort of "compliment sandwich", so I wonder if Universal is anticipating some bad news in the next few weeks that they can sweeten with HHN news.

EDIT: My prediction is Villain-Con has some major issues, and that it's opening way later in the summer than anticipated. They'll announce an Early September release date along with a big HHN update. They'll delay it as long as possible, and maybe open the Minion Cafe the week afterwards, to make a good news sandwich.

While I have no solid evidence (speculation), I would imagine that Disney looking really good (for the first time in several months) due to Little Mermaid might have put the announcement off a few days. That, as well as all of the regional re-openings and new attractions, might make Uni want to be sure that it has the winning hand on the chosen week.

I also think that HHN makes for a great distraction in the case of any Pride news that might cause inevitable political turmoil. Disney always announces two or three things at a time (Starcruiser; New Ariel; Massive Layoffs) as a sort of "compliment sandwich", so I wonder if Universal is anticipating some bad news in the next few weeks that they can sweeten with HHN news.

EDIT: My prediction is Villain-Con has some major issues, and that it's opening way later in the summer than anticipated. They'll announce an Early September release date along with a big HHN update. They'll delay it as long as possible, and maybe open the Minion Cafe the week afterwards, to make a good news sandwich.

Yeah no, that's not it. It's memorial day weekend, and the big news was the amazing tribute store. Before that, the big news was the minion cafe announcement. HHN has already announced 1 house, so they aren't really off track. The announcement will come when it comes. Universal has never strayed away from disney's news.

I saw someone comment a few days ago about the lack of innovation....Universal does try to innovate their houses, they just don't do it stateside. They had multiple houses overseas where they do a lot of experimental stuff especially USJ (Ghost Ship...A house with multiple pathways causing your party and you to split up as well as the concept being silent as possible because the scare intensify based on noise and the more noise you make, the scare actors come out at you; Area 51 which was a 25 minute house with a preshow followed by an escape room style house etc). But USJ has some of those houses opening at 10 AM which allows for that without it hurting customer experience.

The issue is with Florida, the demand is way too high, the event is a special ticketed event, and a lot of these concept houses just can not be done without creating ridiculous level wait times with the start time of 530pm and with it already hard to find enough staff for the events, a lot of the things just can't come into fruition.

However if staffing wasn't an issue, I do think for capacity and for freshness, they do have options....such as using Horror Make Up Show space for another show and even over theming the scare zones to where it's even more immersive than before. Make Makeshift tent bars with sitting so people can sit and relax in cool theme environments in the park (also great for rainy nights). If they do have additional sound stage that is open, I would really like them to bring over Hotel Albert from USJ which was an 2 hour sleep no more like experience upcharge and NDAs as well as Survival, the Dead Man's forest which was a 30 minute group experience with 15 minute dispatches.

I think HHN should throw a Jack and Chance wedding where the guests are sacrificed/slaughtered/tortured, but that's just me.
"We were first introduced to Chance back in 2007 when she joined Jack as part of his Carnival of Carnage troupe. And I’d hate to burst your bubble, but there’s nothing romantic about this twisted partnership."

I think HHN should throw a Jack and Chance wedding where the guests are sacrificed/slaughtered/tortured, but that's just me.

There’s was chatter way back when that Roddy wanted an “Unholy Matrimony” storyline where Jack and Chance got married.
I never thought about this until now, but that would be such a fun house. It’s now at the top of my wishlist one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.