Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 204 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they do “Universal Monsters: Parisian Fury”, should we expect one of those cool balcony scenes like they did in Puppet Theater?

I think they have to take the opportunity to do that again. It was a good distraction moment to setup some scares.

What exactly is the idea of “dueling dragons” that everyone keeps discussing? It it an original concept in which two dragons are fighting one another and we are caught in the crossfire? I’m confused lol.

Reactions: RGMick77
What exactly is the idea of “dueling dragons” that everyone keeps discussing? It it an original concept in which two dragons are fighting one another and we are caught in the crossfire? I’m confused lol.

In addition to this, I wonder if they would stick with the fire and ice motif and how exactly do they plan on using this as an effect?

Would we get a room full of frozen warriors and frosty walls? Or maybe the smoldering and charred remains of some knights?

The Reuben Fries at Louie’s last year were a favorite of my group so I hope they return.

There was that chicken sandwich place in 2021? over by the San Francisco area was quite tasty, but it did not return last year.

Asian fusion stuff sounds great!

Also, I am happy that the Minions Cafe should be open in time for HHN as it gives us another food option.

As far as this engagement for an announcement goes, here’s my research on how many pages of pre event discussion for each house we get post announcement:

HHN 31

5/17: Legends Collide - 5
6/8: Halloween - 6
6/23: Blumhouse - 4
7/26: Weeknd - 5
8/16: Bugs - 6
8/16: Descendants - less than 1
8/16: Spirits of the Coven - less than 1
8/16: Hellblock Horror - 3
8/16: Chupacabra - less than 1
8/16: Dead Man’s Pier - 2
TOTAL 34

HHN 30

3/5: Beetlejuice - 2
7/8: Hill House - 3
7/15: Bride of Frankenstein - 3
7/15: Texas Chainsaw Massacre - 3
8/5: Icons - 3
8/12: Wicked Growth - less than 1
8/12: Case Files - 3
8/12: SCarey - less than 1
8/12: Puppet Theater - 2
8/12: Toothfairy - less than 1
TOTAL 22

HHN 29

3/27: Stranger Things - 10
4/12: Nightingale’s - 4
4/29: Universal Monsters - 7
5/21: Depths of Fear - 5
6/24: Yeti - 3
7/17: Ghostbusters - 7
7/25: Killer Klowns - 3
8/7: Us - 5
8/8: Graveyard Games - 3
8/14: House of 1,000 Corpses - 2
TOTAL 49

HHN 28

4/13: Stranger Things - 14
4/26: Dead Exposure - 12
5/16: Trick r’ Treat - 5
6/24: Slaughter Sinema - 4
7/25: Carnival Graveyard - 4
8/7: Seeds of Extinction - 3
8/8: Poltergeist - 3
8/14: Halloween 4 - 3
8/20: Blumhouse - 3
8/21: Scary Tales - 2
TOTAL 53

HHN 27

3/29: AHS - 3
5/19: The Shining - 3
7/27: Ash vs Evil Dead - 3
8/14: Saw - less than 1
8/29: Blumhouse - 2
8/31: Dead Waters - less than 1
8/31: The Hive - less than 1
8/31: The Fallen - less than 1
8/31: Scarecrow - less than 1
TOTAL 16

What does this information indicate? I honestly don’t know. I will leave that up for discussion.

I will say, we have had a Chucky announcement for 6 months now and only 4 pages of engagement on that one.

To be fair.. "back in the day", didn't we have a cool website to play with while we waited? In my opinion, that was at least something. Look, I've been attending this event since 2005. I didn't find out about the forums for quite some time after that. I found Nightmares first.. and I was on that site for over a decade. I don't have all the data on when announcements dropped in what year, etc. I know someone posted a chart for that here already. I think the point is, Uni is the one who changed the game and started annoucements earlier and earlier. I don't think I'd be this annoyed if this was 10 years ago, and we weren't really expecting it yet. I guess it doesn't matter. I already booked my four flights for four different long weekends, so I'm going no matter what. It's just fun to have some idea of what we will be experiencing.. so we can talk about it and speculate on how it will be done, what we will or won't see, etc..

To be fair.. "back in the day", didn't we have a cool website to play with while we waited? In my opinion, that was at least something. Look, I've been attending this event since 2005. I didn't find out about the forums for quite some time after that. I found Nightmares first.. and I was on that site for over a decade. I don't have all the data on when announcements dropped in what year, etc. I know someone posted a chart for that here already. I think the point is, Uni is the one who changed the game and started annoucements earlier and earlier. I don't think I'd be this annoyed if this was 10 years ago, and we weren't really expecting it yet. I guess it doesn't matter. I already booked my four flights for four different long weekends, so I'm going no matter what. It's just fun to have some idea of what we will be experiencing.. so we can talk about it and speculate on how it will be done, what we will or won't see, etc..
If memory serves me right, most of the cool websites came out around this time, too.

"HHN marketing is horrible."

"They don't know their @$$ from a hole in the ground."

"They're really missing out on potential ticket sales"

"They had great websites a decade and a half ago."

"They need to release more info earlier."

(not actual quotes, just paraphrasing common complaints)

Nevermind the fact that ticket prices have more than doubled and the lines (indicating the amount of tickets sold) has tripled since they did all that magical marketing.

People need to chill out and realize this is a business. If the business is doing gangbusters, to the point that not only are express tickets selling out most nights, but the event as a WHOLE is selling out nights in early September. Guess what? What they're doing, that is an affront to our sensibilities and so utterly stupid that my dog could do marketing better than them is WORKING. They're printing money.

Get over it. You are still going to the event, so who cares what you know now? Marketing doesn't micro manage down to the fan base(s), their job is to get butts through the turnstile for the event and drive revenue. And they're doing TOO GOOD of a job in my book, the event is too crowded, too popular, and too expensive.

Would I love interactive and engaging websites? Of course. Would I prefer that flying on an airplane was a regal experience like in the 60s where you got complementary champagne to celebrate the majesty of flight? Sure. Do I wish Busch Gardens and Sea World gave out free beer (yes, I realize there's a limited promotion doing so right now) all year? Of course. But guess what, those things cost money and used to be needed to draw paying customers to come. If they don't need to do it now, it's a waste of time and money from budgets that could be used elsewhere.

But if you want to get butthurt because you didn't get an announcement when you personally thought you should get one, you're probably right. Marketing $#!+ the bed once again and are horrible at their job. You and your dog would do a much better job by revealing everything too early, spending millions on web content, putting billboards up across America, putting commercials on local TV stations in Maine, and demanding that the HHN A&D team figure out a way to have 13 houses this year.

What does this information indicate? I honestly don’t know. I will leave that up for discussion.

I will say, we have had a Chucky announcement for 6 months now and only 4 pages of engagement on that one.
This is every year. And it's been pretty much the same going back to IoA Adventure days, just more of it now because there are more fans. Discussion dies even more come October, when the general public is just discovering the event, other then two or three posters being shot down by the mods from trying to jump-start next year's speculation.

The hypothetical event in everyone's head -- with a potential anime house, and an obscure death metal band house, and a loving re-creation of every set from Creature from the Black Lagoon including water, or whatever else they happen to be into -- will never match up to the real thing, which, every year, is 90% a new coat of paint over the same old chassis of beautiful façades, funhouse gags and jump scares. Plus the general desire to prove one's fandom by knowing more than everyone else. (This pre-dates the internet, I remember friends scouring Bantha Tracks so they could brag they had the inside scoop on Star Wars II.) This is the nature of fandom. HHN just makes it easier by giving us a new event with 10 new E-tickets every single year.

Status
Not open for further replies.