Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 218 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn't have to replace anything, they chose to and it's a completely different situation. No one assumes negative stereotypes about Texas because of Leatherface.

Antagonizing rednecks have usually been consider as acceptable since the beginning, which is the lifestyle Leatherface and his family kinda have. I think Tribal theme on the other hand needs to be done more carefully. I certainly don’t want the outsiders to be the victims like in some horror movies.

Reactions: londonwerecat
With Vamp being a rumor zone what year are we thinking? And what setting are we thinking? 55’ was a hs prom prade and 85’ was a New Year party.

Reactions: Ahmanet
Usually we get one original sequel House a year that connect to a house from years past, so far it looks like we aren’t getting that this year.

Maybe they will do more sequel zones to make up for it?

Reactions: Ahmanet
with the new Batman movie out this week ... I would speculate that any potential 'Last of Us' house will Not be announced this week

~waves hands about corporate synergy~

I think he meant announcement just not TLOU. I’m not sure how the Flash and TLOU correlate though.

They don’t. TLOU is (rumored to be) based on the video game, not the HBO show. And I think it’d be a stretch to think a DC movie release would preclude an announcement of a HHN house based on a HBO property. There are many degrees of separation there.

I’m sorry @Legacy but that doesn’t answer my question unless we read it wrong and wood is wouldn’t…
It does answer your question, though…

Notice he used wood (incorrect grammar) instead of would (correct grammar); this was purposefully done.

And if you read back 2 pages, someone already addressed Legacy’s hint about the rumor with what is the currently accepted answer.

It does answer your question, though…

Notice he used wood (incorrect grammar) instead of would (correct grammar); this was purposefully done.

And if you read back 2 pages, someone already addressed Legacy’s hint about the rumor with what is the currently accepted answer.
Not really as I asked what year everyone thought? 61’, 62’, 63’… etc… and what setting? Like a New Year’s party. Woodstock may mean music festival but doesn’t answer what year. Wood is just a play on would and Woodstock to my knowledge. If it’s not I’m not familiar with it.

Last edited:
Not really as I asked what year everyone thought? 61’, 62’, 63’… etc… and what setting? Like a New Year’s party. Woodstock may mean music festival but doesn’t answer what year. Wood is just a play on would and Woodstock to my knowledge. If it’s not I’m not familiar with it.
The anti war protests began in about 1965 and the Summer of Love was 1967, but anti-war sentiment and hippies certainly predated those moments. Since I doubt Universal will want to dip its toe into the political anti-war pool, I imagine a music festival. Festivals were big in that era with Woodstock being the most famous (though by no means the only) one.

Soundtracks have been a huge part of the previous Vamp zones and with the rumored zone location being in New York, a music festival seems the most obvious (as I cannot imagine it being a protest). From a music standpoint, by 1965 (if they are keeping up the going by fives idea) we already have Hendrix, Dylan, and the vast majority of the British Invasion to work with for a soundtrack.

Fun Fact: The Beatles were supposed to play at Woodstock. John Lennon wanted Yoko to have her own spot at the festival with her own band, but both of them were turned down, so you could have the Fab Four as vampires to represent for the event. Led Zeppelin was another name that was supposed to be there, but their manager was launching a summer tour for them, which was very successful.

It’s not just Woodstock, although that’s certainly the most popularly remembered moment in the history of the counterculture. ‘69 is the year that popular views of the movement, with its hippies and music and distinct aesthetic, saw it becoming twisted and horrific. This shift in perception was thanks largely to Altamont and the Manson killings (and, though less relevant, the Zodiac killings). If you’re talking about horror in the 60s, it’s going to be ‘69 - the year that, for many Americans, hippies became monstrous.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.