Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 273 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else think that the adding of the "first date you can use it" is a bit of an unnecessary obstacle?
Like, what if something happened and I have to move my vacation up a week? I can't use my pass, even though the dates are still eligible?
Yeah I thought the same - that threw me off a bit

Reactions: DannyPowers
Anyone else think that the adding of the "first date you can use it" is a bit of an unnecessary obstacle?
Like, what if something happened and I have to move my vacation up a week? I can't use my pass, even though the dates are still eligible?

I think they moved the pass system to their existing multi day ticketing system. With that you do have to select a price. Maybe it’s a first step in offering other types of passes.

I think they moved the pass system to their existing multi day ticketing system. With that you do have to select a price. Maybe it’s a first step in offering other types of passes.
That's what I was hoping for next year when I saw this.
Maybe do a "prorated" kind of thing where the pass gets slightly cheaper depending on when your first date is. Although, that likely wouldn't help me much, since we tend to go earlier in the season.

Oof these price increases are brutal...
york cries GIF

Maybe it’s a staffing planning thing comparable to the park reservations down the street?

The pass is good for these dates but if 20% of guests aren’t arriving until this date then we won’t need as much food/beer compared to assuming that all ROF passes will be used all times?

Maybe I'm just too tired to register this properly (highly possible actually), but why wouldn't you just select September 1st no matter what on the off chance that your plans change between now and then just to guarantee you can make your first visit at any time?
Because I'm polite and like to follow rules/requests.
Seriously though, that's probably the answer, but then kind of defeats the purpose of what they're trying to do.

Reactions: PumpkinHead66
Because I'm polite and like to follow rules/requests.
Seriously though, that's probably the answer, but then kind of defeats the purpose of what they're trying to do.
That's about what I figured. Fair enough. I'll be there opening night regardless, so not really relevant to me, but had me curious nonetheless lol.

Maybe it’s a staffing planning thing comparable to the park reservations down the street?

The pass is good for these dates but if 20% of guests aren’t arriving until this date then we won’t need as much food/beer compared to assuming that all ROF passes will be used all times?
I think it’s more of a capacity thing. They have to factor in the FFP sales in the nightly attendance cap, so now if they know X amount of FFP users won’t be showing up until later in the run then they can allow more single night ticket sales on those nights.

However, there currently doesn’t appear to be any incentive to pick a date later than Sept. 1st as your pass start date… but like others suggested, maybe this is the first step so that in the future they can offer a variable price pass based on the pass start date/number of nights.

EDIT to add - on the flip side of this, it’ll also be interesting to see what happens when nights sell out. I seem to recall them pausing the sale of FFP last year when opening weekend sold out… I’m assuming now when a night sells out you’ll no longer be able to select that night as your pass start date?

Last edited:
I think it’s more of a capacity thing. They have to factor in the FFP sales in the nightly attendance cap, so now if they know X amount of FFP users won’t be showing up until later in the run then they can allow more single night ticket sales on those nights.

However, there currently doesn’t appear to be any incentive to pick a date later than Sept. 1st as your pass start date… but like others suggested, maybe this is the first step so that in the future they can offer a variable price pass based on the pass start date/number of nights.

EDIT to add - on the flip side of this, it’ll also be interesting to see what happens when nights sell out. I seem to recall them pausing the sale of FFP last year when opening weekend sold out… I’m assuming now when a night sells out you’ll no longer be able to select that night as your pass start date?

This is my best guess.

FWIW, since this deals with actual news - please take all discussion over here:

Status
Not open for further replies.