Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are two Dracula movies coming out in 2023 - Renfield and The Last Voyage Of The Demeter. Both are distributed by Universal Pictures.

A new Saw is in production but the following year (2024) is Saw's 20th Anniversary.

My absolute wildcard pick is a fantasy adjacent house. Game of Thrones is back, Rings of Power is out, and Conjure the Dark had goblins

LIKE CLOCKWORK!!!!!!!!!

Crazy to me that the 2022 Halloween season has come to a close, and I'm not even totally sure I'll be able to make it out to HHN in 2023 :( But here goes!

General Stuff:
11 houses
. Full stop. This is the year and I'm confident.
One of the scarezone locations get changed. Feel like it's somewhat likely. Personally, I see Central Park being moved out closer to Mel's. Might be more of a wishlist thing, though.
One more stage show. Again, probably kind of wishlist-y, but I'd like to think I can be somewhat confident in Universal making basic, obvious decisions that it would be pennies in a bucket for them to design and hire the manpower to staff. But who am I, right?
The Weeknd has set a precedent. There were a couple of experimental swings that missed pretty hard. Bugs? Great concept, strange execution. Coven? I will defend that house until the day I die, but I know like 98% of people had that house in their bottom 3. But The Weeknd? That was a swing and a HOME RUN. Consistently in people's top 2, humongous turnout, etc. Obviously, the immediate thought is that we're probably getting Dawn FM as a house. But I think it goes a lot deeper than that. I think Abel has honestly set more of an ideological precedent to Universal. I think we'll see consistently weirder and weirder picks based on stuff that can be seen more as a work of art based off of heavy-hitting properties that can blur the lines of horror. Lady Gaga? Sure, maybe. Some new really popular show that arguably has enough to fill a house with a dark tone? Sure, why not?! Stuff like that.

Possible Properties/Houses:
Exorcist
. Been floating around, and it seems everyone else has caught on here already. Very confident on this one.
Classic Monsters. IMO, quality keeps declining on these houses, but it's inevitable. Have a feeling it'll be Dracula-centric.
The Weeknd is returning. I will bet money on this...
The Last of Us. Still not sure if it appearing on the Spec Map was miscommunication about what was happening in DoD. But, Neil Druckmann asked for a house, and he's pretty much Playstation's golden child, so I'm sure he'll receive. Makes sense with the show coming up, too. Mildly confident in this.
Plsdon'tbanmeforthisonehahahah FNaF. I know that hearing about this franchise is probably making the mods of this forum want to pull their hair out, but if it's gonna happen, this is the year. Makes way too much sense. If it doesn't get a house the same year as the movie, I don't think it'll ever come.
Scream lol
Another folklore original. I think we'll get something similar to Chupacabras, but a slightly more neat execution. I'm gonna guess Japanese Yokai, or maybe just general East Asian. Would love another mostly minority-casted house.

Last edited:
Another folklore original. I think we'll get something similar to Chupacabras, but a slightly more neat execution. I'm gonna guess Japanese Yokai, or maybe just general East Asian. Would love another mostly minority-casted house.

I’m all for a Youkai house! South Asian folklores are also worth mentioning too, even if you implement the mythical creatures and supernatural beings into my idea/dream house (PM me if you wanna see it). There are lots of potential.

I’m all for a Youkai house! South Asian folklores are also worth mentioning too, even if you implement the mythical creatures and supernatural beings into my idea/dream house (PM me if you wanna see it). There are lots of potential.

Seeing house/event concepts is always fun. I believe in the HHN General there's a section to post house designs

Reactions: Fear2010
Seriously, why do people keep suggesting Exorcist? Is there some insider rumor? As far as I can see, for multiple reasons it’s one of the less likely IPs to show up. Anniversaries mean nothing.
It keeps getting brought up primarily due to the new legacy sequel from Blumhouse. It's easy synergy.

Universal could create a house that mixes both the original and the new film, but they could feature just one of the movies.

Last edited:
It keeps getting brought up primarily due to the new legacy sequel from Blumhouse. It's easy synergy.

Universal could create a house that mixes both the original and the new film, but they could feature just one of the movies.

You also got Exorcist III (which is actually good unlike II and the prequels), and the TV Series too. If you mash that together along with the original and a preview to the upcoming reboot sequel, you get an acceptable variety of scenes as a compilation.

Not exactly speculation, but I really hope that Universal does something to address crowd levels and just overall scare actor safety. I heard about way too many incidents of scare actors being harassed, abused and attacked. If anyone has seen it, I think that the video that has been circling around twitter says something about the state of HHN at the moment. I wouldn't mind 11 houses and three shows to try and mediate the crowds a bit, but I think something more needs to be done.

Not exactly speculation, but I really hope that Universal does something to address crowd levels and just overall scare actor safety. I heard about way too many incidents of scare actors being harassed, abused and attacked. If anyone has seen it, I think that the video that has been circling around twitter says something about the state of HHN at the moment. I wouldn't mind 11 houses and three shows to try and mediate the crowds a bit, but I think something more needs to be done.

Unfortunately, things like that have always happened for years.

For the first time this year, I finally saw zone ops take their job seriously and actively engage with visitors that were harassing (verbally shouting or touching) actors in the zones. While sort of disrupting the ambiance, they were present right at the center of the zones ensuring guests were moving and not taking photos with flash.

Beyond that, no idea how they can improve that aspect of the event other than publicly shaming those that have harassed actors through lawsuits.

Price increases don't correlate with conduct... especially with alcohol flowing. The best solution I can think of is larger signs compared to the sandwich boards at the front.

Smoking was absolutely abysmal this year too with little to no enforcement.

Unfortunately, things like that have always happened for years.

For the first time this year, I finally saw zone ops take their job seriously and actively engage with visitors that were harassing (verbally shouting or touching) actors in the zones. While sort of disrupting the ambiance, they were present right at the center of the zones ensuring guests were moving and not taking photos with flash.

Beyond that, no idea how they can improve that aspect of the event other than publicly shaming those that have harassed actors through lawsuits.

Price increases don't correlate with conduct... especially with alcohol flowing. The best solution I can think of is larger signs compared to the sandwich boards at the front.

Yeah I completely get that. It's just an issue that can't really be fixed. Price increases won't help either. It's just a problem that doesn't really have a solution although I wish it did.

Okay, now to throw my two cents into the speculation ring for Orlando! Here's what I think we'll see in terms of IPs, like I posgted in the Hollywood thread:

Monsters: There’s for sure going to be another Monsters house, which I’m down for! Question is, what will the theme be? Will they do Hunchback and/or Phantom? Or will they finally give the Creature his long-awaited representation? Give the creature his due!

The Last of Us: Didn’t they try to get this IP last year? I think they’ll give this another go. I think it’ll happen.

Scream: This is kinda more out of wishful thinking than spec at this point but please for the love of all that is good and right make it happen! It’s time! Work something out! PLEASE!

Insidious: I would be kinda surprised if they didn’t revisit this. GP would love it, I believe Uni owns this, and it’s one of the few IPs they could get away with using black wallz. Either this or Exorcist again, but I would rather they do this again than Exorcist. I could see this being the "repeat IP" that Halloween fulfilled.

It or Conjuring: I know these IPs are a long shot, but since Horror Made Here is dead, I could see WB being willing to work with HHN again. Conjuring will have its ten year anniversary next year and It is having a new series coming out(?). Sounds like the ideal time to tackle these two IPs.

Music house: I think this all depends on what the GP thought of the Weeknd, but anecdotally, it felt mixed. Some people liked it, some people didn't. Maybe it's because I was exposed to Hollywood's house first, but I wasn't overwhelmed with Florida's Weeknd house. I guess it drew people in so it did its job. I don't know if I see another Weeknd house. If we do see another music house, it's probably going to be Lady Gaga. Not exactly ecstatic about the idea of houses based on mainstream music artists, but I guess it's a possibility. I just don't see it.

Also....

-I have a feeling this year is going to lean more heavily on IPs this year than last year.

-We'll still have 10 houses and two shows.

-Bold prediction but I think the Mummy will be open during HHN

-Please no Exorcist, no more Michael Myers. PLEASE.

-Wishful thinking but I really want to see a Lost Boys house. I just want to hear "I Still Believe" and "Cry Little Sister" while waiting in line for the house.

Okay, now to throw my two cents into the speculation ring for Orlando! Here's what I think we'll see in terms of IPs, like I posgted in the Hollywood thread:

Monsters: There’s for sure going to be another Monsters house, which I’m down for! Question is, what will the theme be? Will they do Hunchback and/or Phantom? Or will they finally give the Creature his long-awaited representation? Give the creature his due!

The Last of Us: Didn’t they try to get this IP last year? I think they’ll give this another go. I think it’ll happen.

Scream: This is kinda more out of wishful thinking than spec at this point but please for the love of all that is good and right make it happen! It’s time! Work something out! PLEASE!

Insidious: I would be kinda surprised if they didn’t revisit this. GP would love it, I believe Uni owns this, and it’s one of the few IPs they could get away with using black wallz. Either this or Exorcist again, but I would rather they do this again than Exorcist. I could see this being the "repeat IP" that Halloween fulfilled.

It or Conjuring: I know these IPs are a long shot, but since Horror Made Here is dead, I could see WB being willing to work with HHN again. Conjuring will have its ten year anniversary next year and It is having a new series coming out(?). Sounds like the ideal time to tackle these two IPs.

Music house: I think this all depends on what the GP thought of the Weeknd, but anecdotally, it felt mixed. Some people liked it, some people didn't. Maybe it's because I was exposed to Hollywood's house first, but I wasn't overwhelmed with Florida's Weeknd house. I guess it drew people in so it did its job. I don't know if I see another Weeknd house. If we do see another music house, it's probably going to be Lady Gaga. Not exactly ecstatic about the idea of houses based on mainstream music artists, but I guess it's a possibility. I just don't see it.

Also....

-I have a feeling this year is going to lean more heavily on IPs this year than last year.

-We'll still have 10 houses and two shows.

-Bold prediction but I think the Mummy will be open during HHN

-Please no Exorcist, no more Michael Myers. PLEASE.

-Wishful thinking but I really want to see a Lost Boys house. I just want to hear "I Still Believe" and "Cry Little Sister" while waiting in line for the house.
I think The Last of Us was dropped early on because the show was delayed to 2023.

Parque Warner has the It Experience, so I don't know if Universal would be able to obtain the IP because of that. I would do anything to have It at HHN though lol.

The Lost Boys would be pretty cool, but I just don't see it happening until the reboot is released.

As I said in my early spec post I really don’t see 11 houses. While it may help with the crowds it will also result in Universal needed to hire more people and I just don’t see that happening now.

Unfortunately, every year the scareactors are harassed and even abused and nothing can really be done, that isn’t already being done. Every year some scareactors even quit bc of this. They can bring back the “beloved” plexiglass to help with they physical parts but if they do they will never hear the end of that. People would hate it and I also recall hearing some scareactors complain about it. They could also go to a “dry” event but that won’t help much as some guest who never even had a drop to drink are worse then those who have. They could also increase the price but the prices are already insane so that won’t happen.
It’s always amazing to see this actually happen. Unfortunately, this year did seem to have it done more. The issue with them doing this is while they stop the guest the atmosphere is ruined not only for them but for anyone nearby. And guess what they do, go and complain. It’s a no win situation.
Smoking always seems to be an issue. People just don’t care about the rule and do it anyway. In my 8 night I went I only heard one TM yell at someone for smoking and that was in line for Nightmare Fuel. I get the TMs probably get tired of saying something as million guest do it anyway and even if they put it away when told, a few minutes later they walk away and take it right back out again.

Reactions: Crypt Keeper
Status
Not open for further replies.