Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 322 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, Peacock Bar confirmed for David S. Pumpkins:

I couldn't be happier!
giphy.gif

David S. Pumpkins at HHN always sounded hilarious, but now it's happening!

Lots of "synergy" this year sure, but also a lot of extra experiences that are really helping to flesh out HHN this year.

Last edited:
The 3 house tour sounds STACKED. I'm excited for it if I can get a spot. (How does it work for availability, anyways?)

EDIT: Ah, damn, I realized the days the tour is available are times I won't be there. :/ Oh well.

• Sad
Reactions: garpeel
A different member on the HNN Discord got their email for the 6 house UTH. Exorcist is the odd man out which makes sense with the movie not being out most of the event.

View attachment 19400

Also, Peacock Bar confirmed for David S. Pumpkins:

I had a feeling The Exorcist was going to be the house not available on the tours, and the reason is not because this one is based off a film that's not out until October.

It's most likely due to the original 2016 being the sole reason why there's restrictions on photos etc. in the UTM tours. Some folks took some inappropriate photos with the Regan mannequin's, WB got wind of it and were none too pleased. The following couple years, they were really strict on any media taken.

Even though WB is not involved with this film, I can imagine Uni is taking precaution just in case.

That was the point I made earlier. It’s very weird that if he is the central icon, he’s not on the marketing like previous icons were.
I want him on it but I understand why he’s no. They simply don’t need him in marketing. That’s the IP houses now.

I'm confused - that outboor bar last year near Lombard's (that no one went to since the signage wasn't clear on what it was etc.) - *That* was called the "Peacock Bar"?

Yet we had incredibly effective marketing campaigns that leveraged huge IPs and an original character.

I do wish they'd go about it this way - Carnival of the Carnage was, in my opinion, the gold standard of how to merge IPs with originals.

You've got two corporate obstacles, though, both of which I'm sure you're aware of but are still worth repeating:

1, IPs don't play as nicely as they used to. I'd imagine a lot of corporate masters would balk at having to share the limelight with any original creation that is framed/perceived as more "important" or one that is taking any of the limelight away from their property.
2, if you feature the icons in marketing/print/merch materials, you cannot easily share them with Hollywood.

I'm confused - that outboor bar last year near Lombard's (that no one went to since the signage wasn't clear on what it was etc.) - *That* was called the "Peacock Bar"?
No. It had some forgettable witch-themed name last year.

Not enough people found it, so presumably this year they rename it "Peacock Bar," then add David S Pumpkins and who knows what else to draw more of a crowd.

No. It had some forgettable witch-themed name last year.

Not enough people found it, so presumably this year they rename it "Peacock Bar," then add David S Pumpkins and who knows what else to draw more of a crowd.

I still think there's a chance it fails to draw substantial attention. The entrance is at an awkward position that forces you to diverge from the natural flow of the park and away from the loud, exciting scare zone several feet away from you. Not sure throwing up a "Peacock Halloween Bar" (you know, that beloved brand Peacock) logo is going to drive much foot traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.