Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been debating on this all day and can't come up with a clear winner, so I'll ask the audience. Which trip would you pick for HHN this year if you were on a quick fly in, fly out weekend vacation?

A. Just Saturday in September w/ express (not opening weekend)

B. Just Saturday in September w/ non-private RIP Tour

C. Saturday and Sunday of Indigenous/Columbus Weekend w/ express only one night
I think option C sounds like the best one. It might be the option I go with if I can make it this coming year.

I've been debating on this all day and can't come up with a clear winner, so I'll ask the audience. Which trip would you pick for HHN this year if you were on a quick fly in, fly out weekend vacation?

A. Just Saturday in September w/ express (not opening weekend)

B. Just Saturday in September w/ non-private RIP Tour

C. Saturday and Sunday of Indigenous/Columbus Weekend w/ express only one night
Columbus Weekend is the worst

I go the second week after opening weekend

It gives some time for scareactors to learn their positions and it isn't October yet so people typically hold off

I mean it's still "busy" but the type of high energy busy that you like to see at a theme park

As soon as October hits everything starts to elevate, crowds, pricing, frustration, etc

Columbus Weekend is the worst

I go the second week after opening weekend

It gives some time for scareactors to learn their positions and it isn't October yet so people typically hold off

I mean it's still "busy" but the type of high energy busy that you like to see at a theme park

As soon as October hits everything starts to elevate, crowds, pricing, frustration, etc
I don't disagree with any of your points. However, I did the second week after opening and decided I don't want to do it again.

1. The heat and (mainly) humidity is still awful. While it's not a guarantee that it'll get better in October, the chances are better. This reasoning really isn't for me personally since I'll deal with whatever and have a good time, but my trip was negatively affected because the "non theme park" people in my group were miserable the entire time.

2. This is actually the main reason for me not to go second week. Being from out of state and not planning a second visit, it felt like it was too early to go. Going in October, you get to build the hype by seeing the posts of people who have already gone and reading all their reactions. Going the week after open, while it was fun when I was there, it really sucked knowing that it was going on for so long after my trip and wishing I could go again. Every post and Tweet I saw just made me disappointed that I wasn't experiencing it. It's a silly reason, but it will be a significant contributing factor when I plan future visits.

Again, I don't disagree with anything you said because you are spot on with every point you made. It was my first year going that early and I decided it wasn't for me.

Weeks 3-4 are ideal for HHN. The scare actors and any ops issue should be resolved by then and the scare actors are warmed up. Legends Collide was not a great house until about week 3 when the cast decided to crank it up.

This year confirmed that opening weekend is not ideal for anyone visiting for a night or two.

HHN is busy every night now. No such thing as an empty night (including Wednesdays/Thursdays, which arguably could be busier than a Saturday some weeks). With the exception of the nights after Hurricane Ian, the event was absolutely packed.

I don't disagree with any of your points. However, I did the second week after opening and decided I don't want to do it again.

1. The heat and (mainly) humidity is still awful. While it's not a guarantee that it'll get better in October, the chances are better. This reasoning really isn't for me personally since I'll deal with whatever and have a good time, but my trip was negatively affected because the "non theme park" people in my group were miserable the entire time.

2. This is actually the main reason for me not to go second week. Being from out of state and not planning a second visit, it felt like it was too early to go. Going in October, you get to build the hype by seeing the posts of people who have already gone and reading all their reactions. Going the week after open, while it was fun when I was there, it really sucked knowing that it was going on for so long after my trip and wishing I could go again. Every post and Tweet I saw just made me disappointed that I wasn't experiencing it. It's a silly reason, but it will be a significant contributing factor when I plan future visits.

Again, I don't disagree with anything you said because you are spot on with every point you made. It was my first year going that early and I decided it wasn't for me.
It's funny, we typically go the last weekend of September into the first week of October - but we're actually planning to attend the 2nd weekend in 2023.

Now I'm worried, lol

Well, Halloween night was humid as heck this year, I had to use a portable air unit in my haunted house lol

It's kind of a toss up as to what the weather will be

To poop on my own point though, the second weekend is typically close to the peak of Hurricane Season, so something to consider when planning a trip

But thank you for bringing up the weather in your post, it really is something to consider, it will most likely be humid as we don't get our first front until (ironically) around Columbus weekend

The rain may also cause an issue....but...the upside is everyone leaves lol

Well, Halloween night was humid as heck this year, I had to use a portable air unit in my haunted house lol

It's kind of a toss up as to what the weather will be

To poop on my own point though, the second weekend is typically close to the peak of Hurricane Season, so something to consider when planning a trip

But thank you for bringing up the weather in your post, it really is something to consider, it will most likely be humid as we don't get our first front until (ironically) around Columbus weekend

The rain may also cause an issue....but...the upside is everyone leaves lol
If I get hit by another hurricane 2 years in a row.. I may never go again lol

Reactions: reeseyNG
Though, this Hollywood-related, but Murdy hinted something that could be coming to both coasts. It kinda sounds like he was hinting a pandemic themed zone, but that sounds too current right now. That’s just an instant hasty thought.

Alex said on Discord that he could be analyzing different outbreaks, and then comparing it how it would work with a another seen in The Last of Us. As for replying to Slash from Guns N’ Roses on Twitter, Alex told me that a certain guy on Twitter will sometime post a tweet that is meant for one person, when It’s actually not meant for the other.

And to end my post with a trivia fact, smallpox was at Its peak in the 50’s.

I can’t help but keep wondering what the white whale could have been. Scream seems a little too off the table at this point for me to even consider it being the IP. My guess is still The Conjuring honestly. I know the team seems to have been chasing that one for quite some time now.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I can’t help but keep wondering what the white whale could have been. Scream seems a little too off the table at this point for me to even consider it being the IP. My guess is still The Conjuring honestly. I know the team seems to have been chasing that one for quite some time now.

Considering Legacy replied to a post which only mentioned Scream, it was Scream. Previously, that white whale comment was made just as a vague note for this year. So with someone mentioning a lone IP and he points to that...

Also, it honestly lines up when you think about it. They really wanted to do Scream in 2015, it fell through. Flash forward to recently where we have the 5th film out and the 6th coming up this year, both under a different production group and distributor. Maybe they might have a better chance with those? After all that sometimes needs to be the case in order to get an IP. Also, it's been 7-8 years since the last attempt, maybe time heals old wounds with those involved with the last attempt? Whatever the case may be, it didn't happen.

Reactions: salismetho
Considering Legacy replied to a post which only mentioned Scream, it was Scream. Previously, that white whale comment was made just as a vague note for this year. So with someone mentioning a lone IP and he points to that...

Also, it honestly lines up when you think about it. They really wanted to do Scream in 2015, it fell through. Flash forward to recently where we have the 5th film out and the 6th coming up this year, both under a different production group and distributor. Maybe they might have a better chance with those? After all that sometimes needs to be the case in order to get an IP. Also, it's been 7-8 years since the last attempt, maybe time heals old wounds with those involved with the last attempt? Whatever the case may be, it didn't happen.
That’s what I’m wondering. Is it one of the new ones or the original Scream? The original to me would be a white whale whereas the others I wouldn’t consider them that yet.

Either way, it sucks Scream has so many issues in the rights department. It would make for a great house.

I still remember The Purge house from 25 and thinking how familiar those sets looked before I heard it was suppose to be Scream. It was amazing how iconic all those sets were that I instantly recognized them and I hadn’t seen the movie in ages by that year.

If I were Universal, I wouldn’t make anymore attempts of acquiring the theme park rights of Scream ever again, and either go with another IP that has never been represented at event or backup with an extra original concept in case. Hate to say this, but It’s best to forget about Scream and move on. It’s nothing but a cruse that gives fans bad luck.

If I were Universal, I wouldn’t make anymore attempts of acquiring the theme park rights of Scream ever again, and either go with another IP that has never been represented at event or backup with an extra original concept in case. Hate to say this, but It’s best to forget about Scream and move on. It’s nothing but a cruse that gives fans bad luck.
But… why not go for it?

It’s important to remember, like I said in the Hollywood thread, nothing is “lost” when it comes out this early that an IP is not happening. It just means they couldn’t come to an agreement. And, believe it or not, that happens fairly often.

But… why not go for it?

It’s important to remember, like I said in the Hollywood thread, nothing is “lost” when it comes out this early that an IP is not happening. It just means they couldn’t come to an agreement. And, believe it or not, that happens fairly often.

If the ownerships are changed who are willing to give their IP’s to have their houses, then yeah. But knowing how Miramax is with HHN, and how much they don’t get it, I get the feeling not all of the most wanted IP’s will make it officially for whatever reasons. I know they wanted it to be based on the first film in the series, but they’re always told that they have to go with the most recent installments from the franchise, so disagreements between the two is evidently a factor why It sounds impossible to me for a Scream to happen.

Silence of the Lambs is another “White Whale” that may never happen either. Was rumored to come here at 30 but never happened because of how messy the rights are, and they maybe had a hard time to do something different with Buffalo Bill, so they wouldn’t try to cause any stir. There could be a possible disagreements between Universal and the novel’s author Thomas Harris.

I want to be wrong on this, but I wanna look at the reality the best I could in order to be realistic for the speculation discussions.

If the ownerships are changed who are willing to give their IP’s to have their houses, then yeah. But knowing how Miramax is with HHN, and how much they don’t get it, I get the feeling not all of the most wanted IP’s will make it officially for whatever reasons. I know they wanted it to be based on the first film in the series, but they’re always told that they have to go with the most recent installments from the franchise, so disagreements between the two is evidently a factor why It sounds impossible to me for a Scream to happen.

Silence of the Lambs is another “White Whale” that may never happen either. Was rumored to come here at 30 but never happened because of how messy the rights are, and they maybe had a hard time to do something different with Buffalo Bill, so they wouldn’t try to cause any stir. There could be a possible disagreements between Universal and the novel’s author Thomas Harris.

I want to be wrong on this, but I wanna look at the reality the best I could in order to be realistic for the speculation discussions.
This reads like, “Universal should only attempt to get the rights for sure things,” because it makes speculation easier? But that’s a defeatist attitude that lessens the event for the sake of fewer chances to be wrong when guessing what is appearing at the event.

The fact is several IPs that have appeared did not appear the first time Universal attempted to get the rights. American Werewolf took three tries. American Horror Story took two tries (my clue for AHS was literally “Shall Not Be Named” because people were so certain it would never happen). The Exorcist took several tries. The Shining was a brilliant licensing gambit that never would have happened without taking a risk.

Licensing an IP is not shopping at Amazon. There are numerous reasons why a license doesn’t happen: costs, timing, likenesses, to disagreements on specific elements and scenes that appear. Speculation is not the priority. The event is.

Last edited:
This reads like, “Universal should only attempt to get the rights for sure things,” because it makes speculation easier? But that’s a defeatist attitude that lessens the event for the sake of fewer chances to be wrong when guessing what is appearing at the event.

The fact is several IPs that have appeared did not appear the first time Universal attempted to get the rights. American Werewolf took three tries. American Horror Story took two tries (my clue for AHS was literally “Shall Not Be Named” because people were so certain it would never happen). The Exorcist took several tries. The Shining was a brilliant licensing gambit that never would have happened without taking a risk.

Licensing an IP is not shopping at Amazon. There are numerous reasons why a license doesn’t happen: costs, timing, likenesses, to disagreements on specific elements and scenes that appear. Speculation is not the priority. The event is.

Not really, I have made tougher speculations before. As an example, I consider the Weeknd as the catalyst for other names in music for the event. Would I be surprise if they bring him back with Dawn FM, definitely not. I’m not being hopeless about certain IP’s that are not at there yet or at all either. The one thing I like be wrong the most is when something good happens. All the Holy Grails are like wild additions to me.

Not really, I have made tougher speculations before. As an example, I consider the Weeknd as the catalyst for other names in music for the event. Would I be surprise if they bring him back with Dawn FM, definitely not. I’m not being hopeless about certain IP’s that are not at there yet or at all either. The one thing I like be wrong the most is when something good happens. All the Holy Grails are like wild additions to me.
Generally, what you’re doing is wild guessing-not speculation. There is no reason to believe any specific musical act will appear next year (except maybe a Weeknd return), so to say “[X musical act] can appear” is a wild guess. Speculation requires a throughput of logic to explain why something is believed to appear.

Fact is - it’s still early for most speculation to occur. Reason is Universal may not know everything they’re doing for HHN yet. We can look at upcoming movies and say “maybe this could come” but that’s the extent of it.

I’ve been told Scream is not happening this year. The reason why I’m openly stating that is because I don’t want us spending months talking about it potentially coming because it would actually be reasonable speculation.

EDIT - I’ve also been told Stranger Things isn’t happening either. So those are two “obvious” IPs that we don’t need to speculate about.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.