Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 212 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, that makes you wonder why they ever announced anything that early at all.
Probably to increase their marketing data, try it, see how it works. Marketing is 99% theory with a lot of trial and error, or at least i think it is, im an engineer not a marketing exec. Maybe next year the whole event will be announced by february.

Probably to increase their marketing data, try it, see how it works. Marketing is 99% theory with a lot of trial and error, or at least i think it is, im an engineer not a marketing exec. Maybe next year the whole event will be announced by february.
exactly. this is especially true if they're relying on social media data which is often difficult to compare to other's data. in other words: your social media reach is extremely personal, so best practice is often to try to set a benchmark for yourself and then compare to that with new data.

I would just think they'd announce "the big one" by this point to sell vacay packages--and no I don't consider Chucky to be that level of property. ST, Weeknd and LOU are. Then again, Weeknd was announced in what late July?

Just a thought. Could last year have them holding the IP announcements a bit longer? Evil Dead was in until July if I’m not mistaken. So maybe that has made them keep things closer to the best a bit longer? ‍

Just a thought. Could last year have them holding the IP announcements a bit longer? Evil Dead was in until July if I’m not mistaken. So maybe that has made them keep things closer to the best a bit longer? ‍
I'm not sure about that, only because EDR was a special case where the movie hadn't even been released yet.

Could be that bookings are already on track.

Could be that Netflix and Naughty Dog wanted to announce later.

Could be a new (old) strategy overall

We may never know. I’m just ready to be there on 9/6.

Not likely, EDR was a special case which doesn't happen often. (Studio deciding to push the release back well after the current year of Horror Nights.) And announcement-wise, this year is still tracking as normal. Look at it this way...

Generally, this month is when announcement seasons for HHN starts to kicks in. Usually, this month will have one or two announcements, then a couple more in July, and August is jam-packed with announcements to cover everything else. And given there's a 50/50 split of IP's and Originals for the houses, and they've already announced Chucky...the remaining 4 IP houses can be covered this month and the next.

Also, if there's any IP scare zones this year, they do like announcing those separately so those can pop up any time between house announcements. Of course, that's only IF they have any IP zones this year. If it's all originals, they'll probably be lumped in with the original houses to be announced in August.

Not likely, EDR was a special case which doesn't happen often. (Studio deciding to push the release back well after the current year of Horror Nights.) And announcement-wise, this year is still tracking as normal. Look at it this way...

Generally, this month is when announcement seasons for HHN starts to kicks in. Usually, this month will have one or two announcements, then a couple more in July, and August is jam-packed with announcements to cover everything else. And given there's a 50/50 split of IP's and Originals for the houses, and they've already announced Chucky...the remaining 4 IP houses can be covered this month and the next.

Also, if there's any IP scare zones this year, they do like announcing those separately so those can pop up any time between house announcements. Of course, that's only IF they have any IP zones this year. If it's all originals, they'll probably be lumped in with the original houses to be announced in August.
Especially because there were rumors of a TLOU zone as well - I could see them beng announced together if true.

Is there a thought that the writers strike is impacting HHN as well? I know they plan these event years in advance but we all know that's its constantly adapting. Maybe this could have an impact on their schedules/announcements.

Is there a thought that the writers strike is impacting HHN as well? I know they plan these event years in advance but we all know that's its constantly adapting. Maybe this could have an impact on their schedules/announcements.
I wanna say no.

Most of the originally planned houses have been written already pre strike.
Not sure if and how the strike could effect the writing process of HHN anyway since everything is done in house personally.

Announcing Chucky at the end of the event last year was just a pointless decision.

The website literally has no houses, so I guess this means they're gonna re-announce Chucky.
I suspect it was synergy trying to drum up interest in the show more than to give anything to the resort.

HHN is a machine; look at Billie Eilish, The Weeknd, and Chucky all back-to-back. Corporate synergy is the name of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.