Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got downvoted to hell on reddit for saying this, but I feel like its worth saying, HHN does not make announcements to appease its fans, they do it to market the event to people who are thinking about coming. I say this because I saw a lot of people complaining (on reddit specifically) that HHN is lazy and they might not go this year because of the lack of announcements. I feel pretty comfortable in saying that if you are browsing a HHN related forum, subreddit or listening to HHN podcasts, its safe to say that announcements arent exactly directed for you (in the same way that a mcdonalds ad isnt made for the guy who already goes to mcdonalds every single day for lunch.) because you are probably going to go no matter what lol.

I say all this to say, keep calm, the event is (probably hopefully please no 2020 round 2) coming and we are all gonna forget about announcement season the second we walk through those gates.

I got downvoted to hell on reddit for saying this, but I feel like its worth saying, HHN does not make announcements to appease its fans, they do it to market the event to people who are thinking about coming. I say this because I saw a lot of people complaining (on reddit specifically) that HHN is lazy and they might not go this year because of the lack of announcements. I feel pretty comfortable in saying that if you are browsing a HHN related forum, subreddit or listening to HHN podcasts, its safe to say that announcements arent exactly directed for you (in the same way that a mcdonalds ad isnt made for the guy who already goes to mcdonalds every single day for lunch.) because you are probably going to go no matter what lol.

I say all this to say, keep calm, the event is (probably hopefully please no 2020 round 2) coming and we are all gonna forget about announcement season the second we walk through those gates.
The HHN subreddit might be even worse than the FB groups lol

Big 100% agree.

The fans more or less have a good idea of what's strongly rumored. Casual fans don't care about Halloween right now. Do you know many comments we get on Social Media from casual fans about Halloween updates in July saying "Halloween updates in July?" :lol: Still mid-June is usually the sweet spot for announcement season based on past announcements. By now, we usually have 1 or 2. The difference is, the first announcement came at the end of the last event.

McDonalds ads absolutely are aimed at folks who eat their frequently (as well as others) - there’s a reason items like Coke that everyone is aware of still advertise constantly. And fans are a necessary but not sufficient audience - you market to them just as you market to folks unfamiliar with your product. If loyal customers feel neglected by a lack of attention, that’s a failure of marketing. Remember, the fan owes the mega-corporation nothing - the corporation has to earn loyalty.

McDonalds ads absolutely are aimed at folks who eat their frequently (as well as others) - there’s a reason items like Coke that everyone is aware of still advertise constantly. And fans are a necessary but not sufficient audience - you market to them just as you market to folks unfamiliar with your product. If loyal customers feel neglected by a lack of attention, that’s a failure of marketing. Remember, the fan owes the mega-corporation nothing - the corporation has to earn loyalty.

Are we really back on this?

Just to give some levity and some attention to both sides:

I booked our hotel stay for HHN back in mid February as soon as the AP rate dropped. We didn't have any semblance of what the event would look like then.

On the flip side, I have a friend who has never been to the event. He's very interested and wants to go, but he will not book until he knows what's there.

I bought my plane tickets, booked my hotel room and have bought park tickets without knowing concretely what's going to be at this year's event. that's because, yes, I am a tremendous nerd for horror nights. but I question how many people are waiting on announcements to decide to travel from out of state? more than the super nerds like me who are coming no matter what? and regardless, both groups are smaller than the florida and florida-adjacent markets that make up most attendees.

all to say, announce something, don't announce something, I'll still be there sept. 7.

I’m a super-nerd who has attended 15 HHNs. I HAVE, however skipped an event in large part because of a lack of interest in the lineup. So yes, it matters even to some super-nerds.

PS: As I think about it more, my decision to buy UTH tickets is ENTIRELY based on the included houses and my decision regarding how many nights to attend is based on the houses and streets. So yeah, it really matters to at least a few super-nerds.

I bought my plane tickets, booked my hotel room and have bought park tickets without knowing concretely what's going to be at this year's event. that's because, yes, I am a tremendous nerd for horror nights. but I question how many people are waiting on announcements to decide to travel from out of state? more than the super nerds like me who are coming no matter what? and regardless, both groups are smaller than the florida and florida-adjacent markets that make up most attendees.

all to say, announce something, don't announce something, I'll still be there sept. 7.
Same, I really don't care what's there. I got RIP and UTH tickets; I trust that the event will have a minimum level of quality even if I don't 100% connect with whatever the IPs are.

Edit: Two sides of the same coin with the post above lol

Just to give some levity and some attention to both sides:

I booked our hotel stay for HHN back in mid February as soon as the AP rate dropped. We didn't have any semblance of what the event would look like then.

On the flip side, I have a friend who has never been to the event. He's very interested and wants to go, but he will not book until he knows what's there.
To add to this - I have another friend who has attended 1 event in the past. He is booked to return this year, and it doesn't really matter to him what's there - he just wants to be there.

All that is to say - I think there are definitely people that will not book because of the lack of info.

I have no problem with them starting announcements in June (HHN was jumping the gun with March announcements)... I just want some consistency in the announcements.

One nitpick I have is the lack of Chucky on the website. You would think they would have a pretty popular IP that has already been announced front and center on the website for the time-being.

Status
Not open for further replies.