Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear | Page 139 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I was lucky in Catacombs because I got seperated from both my group(due to a quick run to escape a soldier) and the group in front of me so I was in rooms to myself almost. Best house experience ever. Unfortunetally most houses aren't like that so you will be hearded through. It is all about luck.

We always do Stay and Scream so we've been through some of the houses by ourselves over the years (happens sometimes late at night too). Had it happen this year in Taste of Blood at HOS. We did Fright Fest so we got in early and they ragged the hell out of us because we were in there alone.

Another interesting timing is being in there during cast change. Also happened in Blood this year, and I had some type of creature growling and breathing down my neck for half the house.

Very accurate. I couldn't create any space between me and the groups in front of me in every single house. I just kept getting yelled at by those asses. I felt like becuase of this, I did miss out on a lot of stuff in the houses.

I would always take a slower pace and try to put some space in front of me since I was always the first one in our group walking through. I hate doing the conga line thing, and since I'm a bigger guy, they usually don't tell me anything :lol:

I refuse to be shuttled through some of the houses. Last year Saw was all about timing, and I lost count of the yammering yellow shirts trying to rush me through which I would NOT do because I was not going to miss the best traps. I also went slow through one of the Howl-O-Scream houses this weekend because the assclowns in front of me were banging on all the boo holes and pointing to all the hiding places. Sorry but I ain't gonna let people like that ruin my experience. Of course, the idiots behind me banged on the walls the whole way. It was our last house and I think the drunk level had gotten pretty high.

Ugh! Thanks so much all! I'm a big chicken but still want to be able to see everything!!! I guess it's a good thing we are planning on 2 nights then!

Hey, I was looking at the tickets and saw that they had the HHN early admission ticket. I was wondering, does that work kinda like the AP Party where they stick all the people there for HHN in 1 location starting at 5 until the event starts???

Hey, I was looking at the tickets and saw that they had the HHN early admission ticket. I was wondering, does that work kinda like the AP Party where they stick all the people there for HHN in 1 location starting at 5 until the event starts???

If you mean Stay and Scream, then yes. Only a couple of the houses are open early and there won't be actors in the scarezones until the event is officially open.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just looked at the website and for Stay & Scream it says gates open at 6:30pm. Was that the "early tickets" that you're talking about? :shrug:

Last edited:
If you mean Stay and Scream, then yes. Only a couple of the houses are open early and there won't be actors in the scarezones until the event is officially open.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just looked at the website and for Stay & Scream it says gates open at 6:30pm. Was that the "early tickets" that you're talking about? :shrug:

It was called scream early if I remember. If you go onto the Florida Residents page then scroll to the very bottom you'll see it.

It was called scream early if I remember. If you go onto the Florida Residents page then scroll to the very bottom you'll see it.

Oh! I see it now :thumbs: I would guess that yeah, you'd be confined to the right side of the park because there wouldn't be enough people to fill out all the houses, so there's no reason to open everything so early. I don't think I personally would have done Scream Early, but anyways, since "†Florida Resident discount does not apply to the Frequent Fear Pass." I definitely won't do it... I'm spending enough money on HHN as it is...

Have you guys noticed the new videos and pictures up at the media site? Check em out they are pretty cool how they gave cameras to different websites and had them go and film around the park and in the houses.
http://media.universalorlando.com/halloween/
Only bummer was they gave us each an hour with a flip camera, but then cut down the footage to just a minute. I would LOVE to see the raw footage from my camera and the other groups. There was an awesome part with Jack and Chance as well as lots more from inside the houses. But I know they want to keep things mysterious and I'm still thrilled to death that I got a chance to participate. It was great just to do Team Preview and a big bonus to film. Kinda funny, though, 'cause Security apparently didn't know and yelled at us in every single house.

Only bummer was they gave us each an hour with a flip camera, but then cut down the footage to just a minute. I would LOVE to see the raw footage from my camera and the other groups. There was an awesome part with Jack and Chance as well as lots more from inside the houses. But I know they want to keep things mysterious and I'm still thrilled to death that I got a chance to participate. It was great just to do Team Preview and a big bonus to film. Kinda funny, though, 'cause Security apparently didn't know and yelled at us in every single house.

That sucks, they should have at least let you keep a copy of the video, that only seems right..and those were filmed with a Flip camera??!? wow, the quality isn't too bad on those little suckers

That sucks, they should have at least let you keep a copy of the video, that only seems right..and those were filmed with a Flip camera??!? wow, the quality isn't too bad on those little suckers
Those Flips are great. Ironicallly, they gave us the exact same model I have myself. I can understand why they didn't give us the raw footage since they don't want it showing up anywhere, but of course I'm wildly curious as to what else came out in the dark.

Hmm interesting. Thats the only knock I would have against those flips, is that they don't have a light for nightime filming.