HBO's Game of Thrones | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

HBO's Game of Thrones

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
this season like the next has the main points of the books but how they get to them is different.

Kit Harrington was great on "this morning" the other day.
He revealed that he auditioned in an "RP" accent, as did the rest of the main cast, and Sean Bean was asked if he could do an "RP" accent to which he replied "Nor" and the director said to everybody else " you're doing it northern" lol

Reactions: Scott W.
RP is Received Pronunciation.
It's basically a "neutral" British accent as opposed to a regional accent. It's what most people here would describe as a "posh" accent

That is so funny because just yesterday I was watching the apparently Brit guy that was speaking for the olympics banning the Russian team and his pronunciation was SO proper it was ridiculous; stupid even. He sounded like the Queen.

Reactions: anihilnation
Ok, I am watching the last episode for the ninth time... and it just hit me that if you want to know how I talk in the real world, all the swearing and crude words, that is how I talk. I am not racist but I am a culturalist. I will make fun of anything if it seems way off center. That includes myself.

Reactions: anihilnation
Wow, you know it is GoT's day when, as I left the grocery store I utter under my breath, "Meow meow King Friday" and before I got home had to utter, "what a Princess!"...