HBO's Game of Thrones | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

HBO's Game of Thrones

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Little finger brought the "knights of the vale". That's Catelyn Stark's family.
Jon actually set his troops up in a decent formation. But all that went south when he took off to save Rickon.
It's amazing how one bad decision by a commander, or even a troop commander can turn an entire battle. For instance the Battle of Hastings would have turned out completely different if Harold's brother who was leading the cavalry had wheeled and returned when he was supposed to. Instead he chased the vanquished infantry troops all the way to the sea and they ended up slaughtered by infantry with the sea to their back and nowhere for the cavalry to manoeuvre. With no cavalry left Harold was doomed

Little finger brought the "knights of the vale". That's Catelyn Stark's family.
Jon actually set his troops up in a decent formation. But all that went south when he took off to save Rickon.
It's amazing how one bad decision by a commander, or even a troop commander can turn an entire battle. For instance the Battle of Hastings would have turned out completely different if Harold's brother who was leading the cavalry had wheeled and returned when he was supposed to. Instead he chased the vanquished infantry troops all the way to the sea and they ended up slaughtered by infantry with the sea to their back and nowhere for the cavalry to manoeuvre. With no cavalry left Harold was doomed
I visited the battle site when I was on holiday in England. Very interesting. Yes, sometimes small lapses in judgement change outcomes drastically.

I visited the battle site when I was on holiday in England. Very interesting. Yes, sometimes small lapses in judgement change outcomes drastically.
It's surprising how few people visit it considering how important a battle it was. What's more surprising is that most people done know that the "Battle of Hastings" didn't happen in Hastings lol, but in Battle instead

It's surprising how few people visit it considering how important a battle it was. What's more surprising is that most people done know that the "Battle of Hastings" didn't happen in Hastings lol, but in Battle instead
Even though I was a history teacher for a few years, I didn't realize it wasn't located in Hastings. But, we were staying in Hastings, right on the sea coast, asked about the battle, we did visit the castle ruins around Hastings, and then we drove up to Battle to visit the actual main battle site. I think we were the only people there at the time we visited. Your observation of "how few people visit it" is right on....On another note, I was fortunate enough to visit Stonehenge before they started fencing things off.....Side story: I was talking to Mark (UK Trigg) about the places I visited in England and he laughingly said that I had been to more of England than he has, and he lives there. :)

Reactions: Hockeyman55
Even though I was a history teacher for a few years, I didn't realize it wasn't located in Hastings. But, we were staying in Hastings, right on the sea coast, asked about the battle, we did visit the castle ruins around Hastings, and then we drove up to Battle to visit the actual main battle site. I think we were the only people there at the time we visited. Your observation of "how few people visit it" is right on....On another note, I was fortunate enough to visit Stonehenge before they started fencing things off.....Side story: I was talking to Mark (UK Trigg) about the places I visited in England and he laughingly said that I had been to more of England than he has, and he lives there. :)
TBH that doesn't surprise me at all lol
In the small Welsh town where I live there's loads of protected historical buildings, a friend from Utah was in the area and "had to visit" some of them, I'm ashamed to admit he went to loads that I've never been to.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I have to say I am completely bored with Dany.

The forced "girl power" is at the point of being patronizing.

I think Margery will take over the iron throne and somehow will get with Jon Snow to make him warden of the North, setting off a war between them and Little Finger and Sansa. Jon needs an army...again.

And again, where is the logic for Sansa not to tell Jon about sending word to Little Finger and the knights of the Vale for reinforcements? That would have completely changed the strategy that Jon and Davos struggled with. Yes, they saved the day, but Sansa is responsible for butchering thousands of men, basically destroying Jon's army and killing the giant.

Last edited:
Is Margery the mother of the Iron Throne, the one with the brother that was snipped?
Margery married Joffery, then Tommen, and manipulated the alliance between the crown and High Sparrow. Her brother is going on trial with Cersi on Sunday.

And again, where is the logic for Sansa not to tell Jon about sending word to Little Finger and the knights of the Vale for reinforcements? That would have completely changed the strategy that Jon and Davos struggled with. Yes, they saved the day, but Sansa is responsible for butchering thousands of men, basically destroying Jon's army and killing the giant.

I don't think Sansa told Jon because she still wasn't sure whether she could trust Littlefinger or not and didn't want to give him hope where there might be none. She was still pretty ticked off that he dumped her with Ramsay.

Reactions: Teebin