Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 30: Food & Drink

From what I recall they try to always give you the souvenir cup by default but you can ask for a regular one. I do believe the cups are the same size as well. Can anyone confirm that is still the case this year? I usually don't like to carry the souvenir cup around all night. What was the standard measured amount of liquor in the mixed drinks? I usually get beer.

@Captain Tragedy asked for a bog and got a regular cup. I asked for a blinky specifically.

The line was shortest, so I the brisket sandwich at the hill house tent last night. Man did that thing come out fresh as can be. I picked it up almost burnt myself. Really good stuff and I’m honestly craving it again. Hoping the food lines aren’t as bad tonight, but who am I kidding.
Man, when I tried to go there the line was insane.

Man, when I tried to go there the line was insane.
It was super long every other time I went by it. I had eventually given up on these food booths and was gonna try Finnegan’s or Citywalk, but I got lucky with my timing. Nothing seemed as long as that pizza fries line though.

Mistakes were made. That was rectified when I got the blinky cup with the poison tea party drink which @Joe and myself have labeled “dangerous”. Incredibly easy drinking and imo strong for it being premade.

A Poison Tea drink which is "dangerous", easy to drink-yet-strong? That's some good attention to detail right there!

I guess I have to ask, what are the standout drinks so far?
As of now I’ve only had the bog slime and poison tea party. @Joe had better luck with the bog slime tonight and it didn’t taste as earthy as we had yesterday. I didn’t get it tonight as it just wasn’t my thing. The tea party is very good. Will also say we loved the pumpkin gyoza and the jalepeno popper stuffed grilled cheese is great too. The brisket one is fine, but very salty.

Both the ribs and lamb spit are delicious and portions are generous enough. Cherry pie was super fresh when we got it as well.

My wife's favorite thing so far is the fried PB&J.

So far I've tried the donut slider (good), fried twinkie (good), chicken tender banh mi (good but WAY too much sauce), and candied pork belly (meh).

Have any of the HHN food stands been open during the day? Debating about heading to the park early to fill the ‘ol gas tank, during our visits.

That Chance fried PB&J was the best thing I’ve ever eaten at HHN. So damn good!

On the drink side…the Wicked Old Fashioned was not worth it. Thought the syrup would balance out the Coke Zero with sweetness, but Coke Zero has a very weird taste.

That Chance fried PB&J was the best thing I’ve ever eaten at HHN. So damn good!

On the drink side…the Wicked Old Fashioned was not worth it. Thought the syrup would balance out the Coke Zero with sweetness, but Coke Zero has a very weird taste.

Agreed, I was let down by the Old Fashioned. I also don't want Coke in an Old Fashioned whatsoever lol. Haven't tried any of the other drinks yet.

forgive me if this is a silly question about Blinky cups.. are you able to purchase one, come back multiple nights and use the same cup?