HHN 31: Halloween Nightmare Fuel Wildfire | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 31: Halloween Nightmare Fuel Wildfire

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I saw it in person and I did not like it either.
Same, I'm always impressed by the talent and stamina it takes to be a dancer of that caliber, but I didn't think it wasn't that good. The magic tricks were genuinely bad, granted I recall posting at the time that I was near the side of the seating and from that angle you could just overtly see what they were doing.

But I can understand why people liked it - I'll probably see this once and call it good.

Yea, see... thats not true at all. Thanks to the magic of streaming, I can assure you that watching a concert online can exude just as much hype, energy & excitement as being there in person. Trust me, I've watched enough kpop streams over the past year+ and you could feel their energy.

Nightmare Fuel was just bad & lazy, while trying too hard. It was better when it was called Death Drums & it was a mini street show in 2011. That had 3 versions!
You're so smart!

• Haha
Reactions: Wesker69
Defend the show all you want, but it doesn't make it actually good or improve the quality. It's cheap entertainment that is full of pyro, loud music & scantily clad dancers... which normally I'd be all for. BUT this didn't deliver. I need my entertainment to be cheaper. Like dollar tree budget!

Also, rule of theme park videos, you never just watch one. Otherwise you don't see everything.

Defend the show all you want, but it doesn't make it actually good or improve the quality. It's cheap entertainment that is full of pyro, loud music & scantily clad dancers... which normally I'd be all for. BUT this didn't deliver. I need my entertainment to be cheaper. Like dollar tree budget!

Also, rule of theme park videos, you never just watch one. Otherwise you don't see everything.

Better than bill and Ted. That's what matters

Same, I'm always impressed by the talent and stamina it takes to be a dancer of that caliber, but I didn't think it wasn't that good. The magic tricks were genuinely bad, granted I recall posting at the time that I was near the side of the seating and from that angle you could just overtly see what they were doing.

But I can understand why people liked it - I'll probably see this once and call it good.

That's why I hope they don't add any more magic stuff
Just keep it to dance and acrobatics and fire
And and magic stuff slows down the energy

• Haha
Reactions: Wesker69 and Jwhee
I saw this show three times in person last year. I thought the performers were very talented and good at their craft, but my ultimate conclusion was that it more of a in your face, circus-style show that I wouldn’t write home about.

The concept is there, but shooting fire up into the air every 30 seconds gets old. It was loud and high paced the entire time.

Overall not a bad show, just not my cup of tea. Since y’all are comparing the two, I personally wouldn’t even put it in the same league as Bill and Ted. Much more creativity in B&T, also the crowd was far more into it due to all the years it was at the event.

Better than bill and Ted. That's what matters
That's just a matter of poor taste. Also, I don't give full support to 2012's show or anything past 2013. (2014 gets an honorable mention). But 2015-2017 were not up to par.

And for the record, I can still (and will) quote past shows all the way back to 2005 (ugh, again.. im OLD)

Can't quote 30 second flame bursts (at least not legally)

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet
If there's less dancing and more magic tricks/illusions, then I'll love this show more than I did last year.
eh might still be boring
I saw it in person and I did not like it either.
I saw it in person 2 or 3 times and it just didn't grow on me. the pyro was boring after a while it seemed they did the same thing over and over and over and over.
The concept is there, but shooting fire up into the air every 30 seconds gets old. It was loud and high paced the entire time.
It seemed like it was trying to be a Cirque de Soleil show and just fell short. probably didn't help that we had gone to Las Vegas a couple months before and saw real high quality shows (and if you haven't seen Absinthe-well it is NOT for the easily offended lol). Hoping this years show is better and not just what felt like "filler" elements like last year (continued burst of fire or fire dancers every 5 minutes)

More fire performers it seems
Perhaps a bigger fire part in the show

Last edited:
Reactions: Parkscope Joe
More fire performers it seems
Perhaps a bigger fire part in the show

If I recall correctly they were supposed to be in the original but the travel ban restricted all but one of them from coming (the main girl who did fire tricks). Excited to see the full squad.

If I recall correctly they were supposed to be in the original but the travel ban restricted all but one of them from coming (the main girl who did fire tricks). Excited to see the full squad.

That means the fire parts of the show will be 4 times more wild and crazy
Hopefully more like this
It will on be amazing probably

Last edited:
That means the fire parts of the show will be 4 times more wild and crazy
Hopefully more like this
It will on be amazing probably

Ok now that is more like it!! No wonder the fire part of the show last year was so dull if it was supposed to be even somewhat more like this!!

Feels like there’s some revisionism going on here. Totally fine if the 2021 show wasn’t your thing - but let’s not pretend it wasn’t a massive hit with many, many people - both GP and hardcore fans. Consistent at-capacity shows forcing people to wait 45 minutes in advance to guarantee a seat.

As others have pointed out, what we saw was basically the “plan B” show. Stoked to see what they can put up this year. It’s one of the things my partner is most excited about.

Feels like there’s some revisionism going on here. Totally fine if the 2021 show wasn’t your thing - but let’s not pretend it wasn’t a massive hit with many, many people - both GP and hardcore fans. Consistent at-capacity shows forcing people to wait 45 minutes in advance to guarantee a seat.

As others have pointed out, what we saw was basically the “plan B” show. Stoked to see what they can put up this year. It’s one of the things my partner is most excited about.
It’s easy to hit capacity when you run half as many shows as B&T and none before 8pm.

I don’t see the revisionism - I can absolutely see how 80-90% rated the show excellent, but that doesn’t mean I’m not allowed to think it wasn’t that good.

I think I would like this one better with more dancing/acrobatics and less magic/bdsm (dunno, edgy did nothing for me).

Last edited:

it‘s easy to hit capacity when it‘s the only theater show and all the houses have 60+ min long lines.

Reactions: Wesker69