HHN 31: Halloween Nightmare Fuel Wildfire | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 31: Halloween Nightmare Fuel Wildfire

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It was the gayest show I’ve ever seen at HHN, and I mean that as the biggest compliment humanly possible.

So excited to see what new/returning effects we have.
This was such a good show. I agree with the above poster who had said something about it being the gayest show HHN has ever done, and I TOTALLY agree, in a VERY good way (part of the carnal death/sex draw of HHN) and I stab our bisexual dreamer king. I hope they keep this “equal opportunity sex appeal” vibe this year, I think this path definitely drove those positive GSATS.

mmm, second best

v6155mb.png

well… Rocky Horror makes a bigger joke out of being gay. One of the main reasons I liked Nightmare Fuel was because the dancing men felt very natural and, while a little salacious, no more salacious than the scantily-clad women. Gives something for hormonal teen girls, wine moms, and the gay population of local Florida’s theme park workers and area workers that I know for a fact are the bread-and-butter of the entertainment department.

Reactions: SeventyOne
This show was somehow hornier than last year. It was certainly a fun time, and the crowd was going nuts for both returning cast, as well as some of the songs that returned.

That being said, I was a little underwhelmed with..
how the story is almost exactly the same. Same opening trick, major beats were hit, and I’m pretty sure the same choreography for some of the returning songs

Still worth checking out, but I’d like to see a total revamp of the show, thematically, after this fall.

This show was somehow hornier than last year. It was certainly a fun time, and the crowd was going nuts for both returning cast, as well as some of the songs that returned.

how the story is almost exactly the same. Same opening trick, major beats were hit, and I’m pretty sure the same choreography for some of the returning songs

Still worth checking out, but I’d like to see a total revamp of the show, thematically, after this fall.

i guess they could say that this is the real show we were supposed to get last year? ( last year being the back up show)
in that sense i am still kinda glad if thats the case

Reactions: SeventyOne and Bort

Agreed, for the first 7 or so minutes I figured it was a straight-up repeat. That said, I think I preferred the 2021 show -- the mid-scene magic trick there was unique and fit the show better than this one. Although the silk dancer this year is phenomenal.

One grumpy old man note -- in only its second year, HNF fans have become as obnoxious as closing night B&T fans. Starting to border on a RHPS experience minus the callbacks (for now).

They fixed the ending this year. The changeover at the end was obvious with the switch seen from the stands. They cleaned it up.

Agreed, for the first 7 or so minutes I figured it was a straight-up repeat. That said, I think I preferred the 2021 show -- the mid-scene magic trick there was unique and fit the show better than this one. Although the silk dancer this year is phenomenal.

One grumpy old man note -- in only its second year, HNF fans have become as obnoxious as closing night B&T fans. Starting to border on a RHPS experience minus the callbacks (for now).

Agreed - it's a great show, but some of the fans are standing, trying to interact with the actors - and it's annoying to everyone around.

This is my annual “is there pyrotechnics?” post as I struggle with PTSD from bangs and other explosives. I usually can put up with it so long as I know when it’s coming.

Can someone shed some light? Thanks!

Agreed - it's a great show, but some of the fans are standing, trying to interact with the actors - and it's annoying to everyone around.
I’m guessing the people on Frequent Fear and Rush of Fear passes who were set on seeing it opening weekend were the above average fans - I’d wager this fades a bit as the GP mixes in over the course of the event.

Well, this show feels faster and tighter than last year. Dance numbers follow each other quick and it has less slow parts ( last year, the bicycle with legs part and some of the transitions between scenes slowed the rhythm down. The fire part last year started slower)

This year it feels faster, faster transitions between dance sets. Fire part happens quicker. Faster set up for the "bed in glass case" trick.
I really love the new dancers, really cool performances. Some of the new dancers have really cool moves and attitudes. Love their energy and personality. The new guy with the loop is really really awesome.

I got talked into seeing this show with my #screamsquad last night and immediately left upon seating. I'm 5' 7" and 140lbs and I could not sit with my legs in front of me after being surrounded by some of the largest, smelliest, sweatiest, people alive. I don't under how some people feel so entitled to take up not only their seat but spill into mine after I was already sitting. Anyway, I got yelled at by UO staff when I jumped a guardrail to leave.

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet
It's awful. I was surrounded by a group that very obviously stalks the actors on social media and apparently comes to all the shows. ("Can you get me his Insta later?", one girl says to another as another is going down the line pointing out their real names and their sexual orientation.) Their little posse was led by this 60-year-old, Halloween poodle skirt wearing, most obnoxious helicopter mom. She would not stop screaming every song throughout the entire show.

Reminded me of some of the Rocky Horror die-hards from years ago, but even more obnoxious.

But the show itself was good.

It's awful. I was surrounded by a group that very obviously stalks the actors on social media and apparently comes to all the shows. ("Can you get me his Insta later?", one girl says to another as another is going down the line pointing out their real names and their sexual orientation.) Their little posse was led by this 60-year-old, Halloween poodle skirt wearing, most obnoxious helicopter mom. She would not stop screaming every song throughout the entire show.

Reminded me of some of the Rocky Horror die-hards from years ago, but even more obnoxious.

But the show itself was good.

last sunday night, 9:30 PM show, right side of the stage.....
this guy and his wife kept standing up and dancing the entire show.... kept trying to scream at the dancers, guy kept raising fist in the air, both of them kept recording the show with their phones' brightness set up to the highest.......what a nightmare..... the guy dancing almost hit the people behind him.....jesus.........very bad
they ruin the show for everyone around

Last edited: