Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 31: Halloween Nightmare Fuel Wildfire

Thanks for proving the point.
Except that's not revisionism - those are just facts. Revisionism would be saying...well, they didn't really fill the theater or the GP didn't like it. Or that you had to wait 45 minutes to get a seat when everyone I knew just walked up 3-4 minutes before and, oh right.

It’s easy to hit capacity when you run half as many shows as B&T and none before 8pm.

I don’t see the revisionism - I can absolutely see how 80-90% rated the show excellent, but that doesn’t mean I’m not allowed to think it wasn’t that good.

I think I would like this one better with more dancing/acrobatics and less magic/bdsm (dunno, edgy did nothing for me).
Not revisionism. I’m with you but I guess we aren’t allowed to say we actually didn’t like it? Will I get in trouble if I say I enjoyed the lagoon show? :shrug: Although neither were worth the time for repeat viewings for me I did see the shows a couple times due to peeps I was with who hadn’t seen them.

AoV Altered States and Nightmare Fuel received very loud applause at the end of each show, B&T had decent reception at the end.

I want B&T back, but with the exception of Marathon last year, the entertainment has been 100% better since 2017.

Sometimes the only reason I would do bill and Ted is to watch the dancing at beginning and end, some of the jokes in between were very hard to watch because of how bad they were. ( Real, real bad)
I personally agree that AOV, the lagoon shows and this fire show we're much better on repeat viewings than when trying to repeat bill and Ted.
Earlier bill and Ted shows (10+ years ago ) were edgier and funnier. But now that's not even possible. So even if it came back, it would have to be super safe.
I much rather have this

Idk...but I just pulled showtimes & Nightmare Fuel last year would have 4-6 show times starting at 8.
I pulled a park map from HHN 25 and Bill & Ted had 5 show times.

So I feel like it's a stretch if you say "Half as full and way less shows"....

And also, if you don't like it that's cool. That's your preference, but to say it wasn't popular when it was pulling some of the highest GSATs in the park is silly. I am not a fan of Avatar, but I also am not going to say "It's not successful." It was one of the highest grossing films of all time. But also, I'm sure if I watched it bootlegged and through someone's Samsung Galaxy I probably would have liked it even less...

Why is everyone under the impression they’re not allowed to say they didn’t like this show?? The loudest comments in this thread are from the people that are complaining about it.
If there are comments complaining then everyone isn’t under that impression :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why is everyone under the impression they’re not allowed to say they didn’t like this show?? The loudest comments in this thread are from the people that are complaining about it.
because actually if you disagree with someone’s opinion on a theme park show you’re attacking and silencing them, seriously it’s true i looked it up!

Idk...but I just pulled showtimes & Nightmare Fuel last year would have 4-6 show times starting at 8.
I pulled a park map from HHN 25 and Bill & Ted had 5 show times.

So I feel like it's a stretch if you say "Half as full and way less shows"....

And also, if you don't like it that's cool. That's your preference, but to say it wasn't popular when it was pulling some of the highest GSATs in the park is silly. I am not a fan of Avatar, but I also am not going to say "It's not successful." It was one of the highest grossing films of all time. But also, I'm sure if I watched it bootlegged and thr

Personally, just from what I saw, from what I experienced
The crowd was very happy on every show and very little people would leave mid show. Very energetic crowd even before it started.
I know Rocky horror and bill and Ted had their hardcore fan base. Like everything at universal always does. I know.
But this show seemed to make regular people very happy and word of mouth was spreading really fast too.
A lot of people were posting about it on Twitter if I remember. Overall it did seem very very loved

I know people loved AOV too. Pretty strong fan base
But this fire show seemed to make the regular every day attendants seem very happy.
I always saw people leave mid show with rocky horror, bill and Ted or aov.
But not as much here

Last edited:
because actually if you disagree with someone’s opinion on a theme park show you’re attacking and silencing them, seriously it’s true i looked it up!
it was the "revisionist" part that got me. No doubt the show was popular but told we were "revisionist" for not liking it personally seemed to be interpreted as "not popular". Don't think any of us who didn't have a rousing unparalleled 100% love of the show said it wasn't wildly popular. I've no doubt that with the full Fuel fire dancers lineup that this year's show will probably not only be better than last years but more popular.

it was the "revisionist" part that got me. No doubt the show was popular but told we were "revisionist" for not liking it personally seemed to be interpreted as "not popular". Don't think any of us who didn't have a rousing unparalleled 100% love of the show said it wasn't wildly popular. I've no doubt that with the full Fuel fire dancers lineup that this year's show will probably not only be better than last years but more popular.

But what did you think of academy of villains? Did u like those?
Because I think this one rated higher

I used the word revisionism because several comments implied that their dissatisfaction with the show was in fact the true consensus... when the facts do not bear that out. Specifically, the comment about whether anything would be done to "address the complaints" prompted my initial response. As another member immediately questioned - what complaints? It's also ludicrous to suggest it was only "popular" because it had a handful of showtimes when the GSATs were extraordinarily high. Word of mouth was also, anecdotally, excellent. A show doesn't sustain those kinds of numbers and demand that consistent of a crowd without doing something right in the eyes of the majority of guests.

Everyone has a right to not agree with the majority - I've certainly found myself deeply underwhelmed by some fan favorites over the years - but the objective reality was the show was a hit. Let's not attempt to say its success was the result of nebulous factors. People liked it!

Everyone has a right to not agree with the majority - I've certainly found myself deeply underwhelmed by some fan favorites over the years - but the objective reality was the show was a hit. Let's not attempt to say its success was the result of nebulous factors. People liked it!

The fact that there's this much polarization in this thread to me implies that the show WAS a success. Either way, I think it'll be pretty great to have it back, and honestly if people want to skip it they are more than welcome to. Plenty to do at HHN

This was such a good show. I agree with the above poster who had said something about it being the gayest show HHN has ever done, and I TOTALLY agree, in a VERY good way (part of the carnal death/sex draw of HHN) and I stab our bisexual dreamer king. I hope they keep this “equal opportunity sex appeal” vibe this year, I think this path definitely drove those positive GSATS.

This was such a good show. I agree with the above poster who had said something about it being the gayest show HHN has ever done, and I TOTALLY agree, in a VERY good way (part of the carnal death/sex draw of HHN) and I stab our bisexual dreamer king. I hope they keep this “equal opportunity sex appeal” vibe this year, I think this path definitely drove those positive GSATS.

Earlier on twitter I saw someone describe the show as "Festival of the Lion King, but Horny".
While I wouldn't describe the show like that, I will admit that is bar none the funniest description I've seen for the show.