HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017 | Page 105 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Don't wish that upon us... I'd rather we just get a multi-season maze like last year & be done with it. While yes, it does offer variety unlike TWD... but its still the same IP taking up a valuable maze slot that could be devoted to some other IP (or god forbid, a semi-original maze)

I'm in the bring back Bill & Ted and Slaughterworld camp....

I was not "wow'd by Jabbawockeez the first year. Even less last year. If they actually made attempt to create something NEW & ORIGINAL that wasn't a 30min version of their Vegas show, it'd be a different story.

They have blank white face masks that could easily be considered "creepy", but yet they don't apply any sort of spooky horror haunted halloween-ish vibe for the show at all. Instead of trying to go all "deep thought" with that stupid "dreamz" crap, they should create a nightmare. Also.. please no audience participation either. The "set" (or lack thereof) in 2015 said "Boogie Monstarz" on it. I can live with a cheesy show name if they deliver. Better lighting & fog effects... and horror-themed music, even if its in vein of Murdy's favorite dubstep, it would be a big improvement.

Yes. 1,000 times yes! But not the old show that really never evolved over the years, unlike like Orlando. But oh god yes. I would love for it to return to the Castle Theatre for HHN & daytime park hours. I'd be thrilled with Singapore's former "Monster Rock" show (same concept, but didn't include Beetlejuice as the "host" except for during Halloween season)

Last year's AHS maze was fine as an introduction but the remaining seasons deserve to be given individual mazes with how much they differ from one another (unlike WD who was pretty much the same year-to-year). Every season has different monsters and scares to draw from. I'm REALLY hoping Murdy brings us Asylum next year as that season has the potential to be something really special.

Last year's AHS maze was fine as an introduction but the remaining seasons deserve to be given individual mazes with how much they differ from one another (unlike WD who was pretty much the same year-to-year). Every season has different monsters and scares to draw from. I'm REALLY hoping Murdy brings us Asylum next year as that season has the potential to be something really special.

Agreed. If Asylum were to come next year I would be so happy, besides Roanoke it's the easiest to convert into a house

Last edited:
Reactions: HereWeGo
Yea but the thought of seeing the name "AHS" for another 3 years (or more if they do another season) is nauseating (even if it contains different content). The ONLY positive is that it isn't overshadowing the event like TWD did & include a SZ & Terror Tram.

Eh. To each their own I guess. I am completely ok with it coming back for multiple years since every maze will be 100% different from the last, sharing only a name.

Eh. To each their own I guess. I am completely ok with it coming back for multiple years since every maze will be 100% different from the last, sharing only a name.

Yeah I agree; do you think Coven, Cult, or Asylum will be a maze next year? My guess is Cult will be a scarezone and Coven will be a maze

I'd have to assume that if Cult happens next year, it'll be as a maze and not as a scarezone or a tram. And if Cult happens next year, I'd doubt Murdy and Co. would want to do two AHS houses at the same year.

I'm all for Cult as a house, I just wish Asylum would happen sooner

Coven & Cult could work for a mashup, but Murdy doesn't wanna do those anymore(and I'd rather each get their own maze).
Who's to say John's staying for next year? In talking with him he's said it's 50-50 at this point. And in my opinion, unless a highly saught after property comes into his possession before the end of the season (IE The Exorcist) I don't think he'll stay
I'm not 100% on this, but I'm pretty sure the only reason he stayed on for 2016 was because WB approached him and Mike and told them that the rights for The Exorcist were available (Mike said that they came to him and John during the 2015 event in a podcast from 2016). And probably the same with 2017 and The Shining.
I love and admire John's work and I don't want him to go, but a change in creative will breathe new life into this event. So unless a game changing IP that he's wanted to do for years, probably IT or The Conjuring, is available for next year, I think this may be his last year

Also Murdy never said that he doesn't want to do a "mash-up" maze anymore (I mean, hello... Blumhouse of Horrors).. He just gave a very generalized PC excuse for only doing Roanoke this year. It is very possible the real reason we didn't get the same 3-season maze as Orlando is because Murdy didn't want to have two multi-themed mazes to deal with the same year. It isn't so much a problem for Orlando because there are MORE THAN just TWO people creating all the content for the event. Something Hollywood could benefit from if Murdy departs.