HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2015 | Page 71 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2015

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What is your favorite USH HHN Year?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Pre-2006

• Total voters
I...uh...happened to accidentally "sneak" into HHN today/stay past normal park hours for a bit. Not gonna say how, but it was by accident and not planned, and I was surprised myself! Just enjoyed the scare zones, no mazes. Didn't wanna do them by myself lol.

Definitely opened my eyes to the event though.

However....I couldn't stand the crowds or the rudeness and shenanigans from most of the guests. Way too wild and unruly for my taste....it all became a mosh pit of cussing, pushing, and unnecessary behavior.

However, with the right group of friends, I'd love to go now.

*dead* ....we had awful guests this past Saturday at LA Haunted Hayride... last night wasn't as bad but there were a few a**holes. While I know people do end up attending HHN drunk, its worse at LAHH because they either sell it, the guests bring it themselves, or are plastered when they attend. Oh and it was fun walking into our maze last night & seeing recently added set details destroyed in the first scene. I had to get creative with fixing it up before we opened... but ugh, I really do hate people.. <_<

As for HHN... Did anyone happen to watch last night's "Halloween of Horrors" episode of The Simpsons? Well, be sure to pull it up online because they spoofed HHN (complete with zombie overload), a former (and current in Orlando) ride, & Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. It was great.

NBi0aHw.jpg

^this billboard is very similar to WDW's MNSSHP billboard which features "Vampire Mickey"

*also HHN Japan doesn't use an "S" for the word "Nights" like Orlando, Hollywood, & Singapore.

dQGG8a8.jpg

^If Krusty's head can get a santa hat during the holidays at Universal, I'd love to see them attempt this with the Simpsons ride façade during the haunt season (even if we didn't get the once planned ride overlay).

7oX1grT.jpg

Everyone's favorite extraterrestrial who can never say anyone's name (or correctly ....at least in Orlando)

Last edited by a moderator:
That E.T. Adventure reference was so weird. They have Krustyland yet it appears in a totally different part of the episode...??

I was hoping they would've made some snarks about Homer idiotically taking his young kids to an adult event, but they didn't go that angle, instead played it very straight and just made that really old, hoary "theme park tickets are expensive" joke and that's as sharp as it got. Oh well, the rest of the episode was pretty good regardless.

Reactions: Wesker69
To be fair... on the billboard, it says that the event is for "AGES 8 AND UP"... but that is of course part of the whole young kids at a horror event joke.

Personally... I want Universal to start selling "Purple Rage Energy Drinks" at Kwik-E-Mart & Duff Gardens ^_^

I'm honestly surprised that this rumor came true (even after all the rumors I've posted that ended up true, you'd think I'd know better)... BUT now we know why there is no VIP ticket option this year...

and the addition entertainment definitely explains the regurgitated/rehashed content for the mazes this year. All the money went to securing Ricky Rocks, Academy of Villains & Rhythm Extreme for two additional nights.

well... at least HHN has reverted back to its roots of having multiple entertainment options to create a "Halloween party atmosfear"... Instead of attending on the first (since i'll be dead tired from working LAHH the previous 4 nights), I think I might hold off and go one of these 2 nights instead.

^Maybe they're testing the waters to see if its worth it to have multiple shows. They need two. At least.
I was just going to mention that. It would make sense if these final two nights are to test the popularity of extra shows. Can't wait to see it possibly happen well.

Well it's a really odd test if so, IMO.

I guess we will have to see how much attendance these nights attract, but I don't think it'll be that much and regular event-goers will obviously flock to the shows since they're a two-night exclusive.

Aside from the news of the "after party", Crimson Peak flopped....pretty hard at that. I'm assuming this will mar USH from ever having anymore promotional tie-in houses since history has shown it never goes over well.

^ Wrong. Crimson Peak is extremely popular among guests this year, regardless if the movie was a flop or not, it is undeniable how many well reviews the maze itself is receiving.

Reactions: Alexshow.
There is no reason for Universal to "test" multiple shows for HHN. This event has always thrived on shows/entertainment offerings (just like Orlando) and has had multiple in the past (just like Orlando). Here is a brief recap..

1992 had 14 shows/entertainment offerings, a DJ area called "Club Fright", along with 2 mazes, the Terror Tram, 2 rides/attractions 

1997 had 7 shows/entertainment offerings, 4 mazes, 1 ride

1998 had 7 shows/entertainment offerings, 4 mazes, 2 rides

1999 had 5 shows/entertainment offerings, 5 mazes, 3 rides 

2000 had 5 shows/entertainment offerings, DJ area called "Dance Party", 5 mazes, 3 rides/attractions, 1 SZ

2006 had 5 shows, 5 SZs, 2 mazes, terror tram, 4 rides

2007 had 4 shows, 5 SZs, 4 mazes, terror tram, 3 rides

2008 had 4 shows, 6 SZs, 4 mazes, terror tram, 4 rides

2009 had 2 shows, 6 SZs, 4 mazes, terror tram, 3 rides

Then there has been only 1 show since 2010, except for last year which had no show. -sigh- So while mazes have increased in number, its disappointing to see just how much content has been decreased over the years... First shows, now SZs too.. :unsure:

Reactions: Ryan
Aside from the news of the "after party", Crimson Peak flopped....pretty hard at that. I'm assuming this will mar USH from ever having anymore promotional tie-in houses since history has shown it never goes over well.
To be fair, I wouldn't say it hasn't bombed yet. I would say to give it the end of the month to early next month to see, but it did make 4th place in the weekend and not accounting the marketing budget, it should earn its production profit. Now...I just have to wonder what the hell the marketing budget for the film.

The unfortunate thing (and most likely) is that it will barely make its budget overall as GDTs last film; Pacific Rim did the same thing. And who knows how DVD and Blu-ray sales could go aswell given the chances of it earning a cult following.

Correction on 2008.... only 3 shows that year. Although, it dropped down to 2 halfway through due to Chucky being canceled.

As for Crimson Peak flopping in theatres, I'm not really THAT surprised... I'll see it eventually when it hits the movie channels or Netflix. My money went to Goosebumps because well... my childhood haha. :p

Reactions: Alexshow.
^ Wrong. Crimson Peak is extremely popular among guests this year, regardless if the movie was a flop or not, it is undeniable how many well reviews the maze itself is receiving.
Oh Crimson Peak is a great house, and there's no denying people are loving the house. I'm just saying its main purpose has kinda failed for promoting it. The Thing was a flop, Dracula didn't do well domestically, and then this didn't do well. While people may have liked the house, the executives may only see how poor the movie did. It's basically a curse haha.
To be fair, I wouldn't say it hasn't bombed yet. I would say to give it the end of the month to early next month to see, but it did make 4th place in the weekend and not accounting the marketing budget, it should earn its production profit. Now...I just have to wonder what the hell the marketing budget for the film.

The unfortunate thing (and most likely) is that it will barely make its budget overall as GDTs last film; Pacific Rim did the same thing. And who knows how DVD and Blu-ray sales could go aswell given the chances of it earning a cult following.
They're not going to break even. The budget was $53 mil, not counting marketing costs and all the pulled in was about $13 mil. They would have to earn the same amount for the next four weeks to even get their money back. Unless it's Star Wars or Avatar, that rarely ever happens.

Reactions: chris.g
Oh Crimson Peak is a great house, and there's no denying people are loving the house. I'm just saying its main purpose has kinda failed for promoting it. The Thing was a flop, Dracula didn't do well domestically, and then this didn't do well. While people may have liked the house, the executives may only see how poor the movie did. It's basically a curse haha.
 Ah, misunderstood. That I can agree with, but the house itself has been incredibly popular for some reason. It's definitely one of my favorites this year. 

Is there any benefit to getting to early entry right when they start letting people in at 5? Also is there a curtain time that each maze starts letting people go threw during the early entry block? Lastly is the backlot and purge both open and going during the early time? Thanks!