Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2015

What is your favorite USH HHN Year?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Pre-2006

• Total voters
Jan 10, 2013
No man's land: SoCal
Now that 2014 is over, we can now speculate and discuss for next year's event. :p

Wishful thinking:

-I would say no more Walking Dead, but that's not going to happen. AMC is advertising their season six premiere at LA for 2015. If it does return, PLEASE do not make it the Terror Tram. Everyone is over that.

-Two shows. Bill and Ted and Rocky Horror. They both have anniversaries next year. Rocky would be perfect in Shrek. We. Need. Shows. They have to get people off the streets.

-Since it's the tenth anniversary, I hope they celebrate it. 2010 was our five-year anniversary and they didn't give a single crap. I want to see Murdy do that Julian Browning Usher/Universal Monsters maze that we were supposed to get last year. Put it in the Globe Theater.

-Doing the Exorcist and Trick r Treat would not be bad ways of celebrating ten years of HHN either;especially if it's John's last year.

-For Pete's sake, have a theme! I know Murdy hates this, but have an overall Halloween-ish theme. Is that really too much to ask for!?

-Have Silly Swirly open for HHN. We NEED all of the extra capacity we can get and people will ride it out of irony. Have a tram in addition to the two shows that goes to Fast and the Furious; like how they did one for Kong when it first opened.

-If it doesn't hurt the quality, then maybe add an eight house? The event is selling out like crazy so I would feel comfortable spending more in jacking up capacity.

-Expand the footprint on the backlot. There needs to be more space for foot traffic.

-I would also LOVE to see John Carpenter's the Fog be turned into a house. There's so much cool stuff to work with. The Lighthouse, the church, the morgue the house over the water...just so much to work with. Next year is the 35th anniversary of that film.

All I really want next year is more shows/more capacity. I really want to see that Usher maze come to fruition.

Wishful (unrealistic) thinking for 2015:

Universal PR growing a set of huevos for once and not giving into all those sensitive overly PC morons who are trying to ruin the event and cash in on Universal's thumb sucking babyness.

Return of shows & allowing the team members and performers to put on an adult themed event for those who want it.

A "Griff's 2015 Wet Dream" scare/maze zone around the clock tower, which has a nuclear power plant and hotel built into it, and it's a time where we see Griff and his many nuclear warped minions take over Hill Valley thanks to his Grandpa Biff successfully taking control of Hill Valley even into the future.

i'd have these hopes

- drop the maze count to 6 with 3 in Backlot and 2 in lower lot and one in upper lot.

-have 4 ips and 2 original houses

-Asylum comes in for the 10th year redone in mummy and Dark Christmas comes in Persian.

-That maze Freak mentoned but having 3 films; AWIL, Alien (they can reuse the puppets from both houses) and Frankenstein in 747

-Bill and ted or Rocky horror picture show coming back in castle and Shrek playing the classic monster films

-have SSFL open with Silly swirly

-Terror Tram leaving...look its a classic but its kinda outlived its purpose. i'd see a Fast and Furious express replacing it, gets capacity in and is attractive due to its Newer than anything..

-American Horror story, The Walking dead and possibly Crimson due to that films coming next year and it is a Del toro film so John would go nuts for it.

-Have the theme be the Universal palace with themed logos at the entrance displaying posters of the mazes for the event.

Look, its probably not going to happen but it would be a better alternative than what we have right now..

They need to do a Jurassic World maze...If I recall, they did a Jurassic Park maze at house of horrors one year...or was that for Orlando? Anyway....everyone can get scared of dinosaurs.

They need to do a Jurassic World maze...If I recall, they did a Jurassic Park maze at house of horrors one year...or was that for Orlando? Anyway....everyone can get scared of dinosaurs.
They did Jurassic Park: Evilution (maze) and Jurassic Park: Extinction (scare zone) for HHN at IOA, but there was never a JP maze in House of Horrors.

Honestly, I'd love to see Jurassic World at HHN.

Wishful (unrealistic) thinking for 2015:

Universal PR growing a set of huevos for once and not giving into all those sensitive overly PC morons who are trying to ruin the event and cash in on Universal's thumb sucking babyness.
^This x 100!  Tired of USH pulling the plug on things over a couple of minor complaints that are non-issues to 99% of guests attending HHN!

My thoughts for 2015:

• A new show is needed badly.  I would much prefer Bill & Ted to come back, with Slaughterworld as a close second choice.  If nothing else, maybe the Special Effects Stage could put on a HHN version of the show (similar to the Horror Makeup Show at UOR, but with adult humor for the HHN crowd)
  • Not sure if everyone's considered this, but since House of Horrors is gone, that eliminates one maze location.  Not that it's difficult to find new locations for mazes, but if the maze count is to remain that same (or increase) from this year, at least one new location will be needed with the loss of HOH
  • I hope First Stab is offered again for APs!  This year was my 3rd year attending HHN, and this was first year that I actually got through all of the mazes!  Granted I've never bought a FOTL pass in any of the years I've been, but it was really nice to breeze through the mazes with little to no lines!  I think the longest line I waited in all night was for Dracula Untold (30 mins., give or take)
  • Side note- I LOVED the taco truck that was on the backlot (where AVP, FDTD, and TWD were this year).  Hope it comes back next year!  Same with the blood bag drinks and (non-alcoholic) Jello shot syringes!
  • I'd like to see Terror Tram remain part of the event because I really enjoy being able to walk through parts of the backlot, but maybe next year it could be rethemed around A&E's Bates Motel series?  Not only is it an "in house" property, but it would make so much sense!  The meet and greet at the Psycho house could consist of Norman and Norma Bates from the show (so a teenage version of Norman and a living version of Mother), though I can already see why some fans might not like not having the regular Norman Bates we're all used to!
  • For mazes, I would definitely love to see Dark Christmas become a maze.  It worked well as a scare zone, and I'd love to see what the HHN could do with a maze version of it!
  • Another maze I'd like to see would be The Purge.  The scare zone works alright, but I think a maze could be interesting, especially if it was based on the first film, which took place almost entirely inside of a house.  The scare zone makes more sense for the second film, in my opinion.  Regardless, I have no doubt that we'll see The Purge return in some form since a third film is coming out!
  • Speaking of sequels, I would be happy to see Insidous return with a new maze based on the upcoming Chapter 3!
  • That Usher maze that was shelved sounds great!
  • I have to wonder HHN will be taking different directions next year between Orlando and Hollywood since it appears that Jack will be coming to HHN 25 in Orlando.  Will Hollywood also feature Jack to introduce him to west coast HHN fans?  Or will this be the year that the event goes back to how it used to be, with Orlando doing an event with an overall theme and Hollywood continuing as it almost always has (without an icon)?  The last icon Orlando had was Lady Luck in 2011, and then when TWD was introduced in 2012 is when the two events became similar to one another.
  • One last thought- this one isn't a big deal, and I'm sure most people won't care, but I'm hoping that the merchandise for next year continues to be as varied as it was this year!  I liked that you could get "classic" merch like the Chucky vinyl mini and pin along with stuff from this year's mazes, like shirts for AVP and AWIL.  Next year I'd like to see Psycho merch or anything else Hitchcock related.  I also wouldn't mind a "throwback" line of merch that celebrates mazes from past years- this could be a fun idea since USH will be having its 10th HHN since it was brought back in 2006!  The main issue I could see with this is the licensing for non-Universal properties.

But more than anything else, USH needs to grow a backbone and learn how to not give in to idiotic complaints!  Take a page out of Knott's book!

Last edited by a moderator:
They should bring back Beetlejuice for Horror Nights! It is a good show and not as offensive as Bill and Ted. It keeps Universal out of trouble.

They did Jurassic Park: Evilution (maze) and Jurassic Park: Extinction (scare zone) for HHN at IOA, but there was never a JP maze in House of Horrors.

Honestly, I'd love to see Jurassic World at HHN.
Thats pretty cool that we got both a maze and a scare zone...  I mean the movies can seque into HHN pretty well I think. Just takes the right people to do it.

Jurassic World maze, hells yea!

Entertainment would be nice but I wouldn't count on it.
Considering Universal executives apologized personally...http://abc7.com/news/universal-studios-execs-apologize-to-teens/378877/ 

I don't think we'll get entertainment for quite a while. I agree that they may try to avoid having entertainment in which guests are personally spoken too by performers. And will discourage people from going 'off script' in the future'. I would not be surprised at all if jurassic world gets a maze, considering they plan for it to be a franchise revival. Meaning, something that can be featured in successive HHN.

"We're sorry you visited our adult themed graphic event while being underage and without a parent. We're sorry you read the warnings outside of the park that it's not a child friendly event and yet knowingly proceeded. We're sorry that you are not mature enough for an event that isn't geared towards your maturity or age range. We're sorry that you have an irresponsible parent. We're sorry that you had to see Gloria Allred in person. Here's a Minion plushie. Have a Universal day."

If I was an executive.... :p

I don't think we'll get entertainment for quite a while. I agree that they may try to avoid having entertainment in which guests are personally spoken too by performers. And will discourage people from going 'off script' in the future'. I would not be surprised at all if jurassic world gets a maze, considering they plan for it to be a franchise revival. Meaning, something that can be featured in successive HHN.
Murdy did say we'll be getting a show next year, so at least that seems to be confirmed for the time being. But given what they've done so far, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Perhaps a demented circus show could go into Special Effects like what they have at Universal Studios Singapore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps a demented circus show could go into Special Effects like what they have at Universal Studios Singapore.
With Jack coming back to Orlando for HHN 25, I think a show like this would be a great opportunity to bring him to Hollywood as well!  Especially since that's exactly what the show in Singapore did with Jack as the host!

So a tweet got posted by Murdy and it seems there already is a few themes in for 4 of the mazes. I am imagining one of them is Dark Christmas already so we'll see what happens, hints will probably start back up in Febuary/March so in the hashtag that describes the job John has, [HASHTAG]#HorrorNeverSleeps[/HASHTAG]

So a tweet got posted by Murdy and it seems there already is a few themes in for 4 of the mazes. I am imagining one of them is Dark Christmas already so we'll see what happens, hints will probably start back up in Febuary/March so in the hashtag that describes the job John has, [HASHTAG]#HorrorNeverSleeps[/HASHTAG]
I feel like I'm the only one who really doesn't want a Dark Christmas maze. Yes, the concept sounds awesome, but I'm concerned if Murdy designs it. Just look at Clowns.