Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2015

What is your favorite USH HHN Year?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Pre-2006

• Total voters
Just want to point out a few things...

We're technically getting another haunt event's leftovers in regards to Academy of Villains. So if Universal plans to use them next year, they better snag them up before another park does.

As for AHS.... honestly, I would expect it as early as next year. The only reason why is because of the blatant shameless plugging of USH in the first episode of this current season. They reference the Fast & Furious "ride" and one or two other things. I nearly fell off the couch.

Well I'll be....maybe we will get AHS next year. If they want to do it, 2016 is the time to do so. If they don't now, it won't be as popular by then. They can have the "best of" from all of the seasons and tout it as "the longest maze ever."

Which then begs the question...would it then be wise to place AHS in 747 instead of FVJ? It seems that AHS is what Crimson Peak is in a way where if you do it there, it allows endless potential.

What do you mean you would expect it as early as next year? Like a confirmation that early?

Last edited by a moderator:
By "expect it as early as next year" is just an educated guess due to the blatant references to USH at the beginning of the first episode. AHS coming to HHN on either coast has been a rumor for the past 2-3(?) years now, so it could be a coincidence, but my initial reaction to the reference in the episide was "OH GOD... I wonder if this means AHS is going to be at HHN next year!"

Anyway... lets not dwell on 2016's event just yet.. we have two more nights of this year after tonight to worry about first. I will be at HHN tonight... my first time going this year! After the craphole that was LA Haunted Hayride, HHN's shortcomings won't bother me as much... except for the blank black walls... saw enough of those in the maze I worked in <_<

I'd have to disagree on there not being a house in the Upper Lot. Especially if the HOH replacement Venue has that rumored area for Entertainment of any kind.
I agree. That could open up Globe for a house venue if Murdy has no time to be familiar with the new space. At least something else can be there so they can use Globe.Parisian Square is what I would pay more attention to. They could use it or maybe not. They are going to need all of the space they can possibly get for seating next year.

In my personal view-point...I don't even see the Globe Theatre ever being used in any state for a house. A que line, maybe but I can't see them using that space.

I really do feel strong that HOH will be our new venue for next year and we won't use SS28s plot due to..something else running amok.

I'd have to disagree on there not being a house in the Upper Lot. Especially if the HOH replacement Venue has that rumored area for Entertainment of any kind.
You must not be familiar with JK Rowlings stance on HHN. It's not pretty. I don't see Universal creative doing anything in these first years to upset/be defiant of her point of view when they want her to approve a Diagon plan..

I agree. That could open up Globe for a house venue if Murdy has no time to be familiar with the new space. At least something else can be there so they can use Globe.

Parisian Square is what I would pay more attention to. They could use it or maybe not. They are going to need all of the space they can possibly get for seating next year.
Globe isn't under the control of Murdy or theme park operations. It belongs to the Private/Special events sector. As long as it's under their control = no HHN with the exception of media events, opening night, ect.

Um... I'm just going to point out exhibit A in regards to Potter & HHN..... Gringotts being open for guests to ride during HHN in Orlando this year. It wasn't open in 2014 not because of Rowling, but because it was new & they wanted to use DA for private event type things (like they did with Hogsmeade previous years). USH needs to have its big rides open to help with crowds.

You must not be familiar with JK Rowlings stance on HHN. It's not pretty. I don't see Universal creative doing anything in these first years to upset/be defiant of her point of view when they want her to approve a Diagon plan..
I don't understand what this has to do with Hogsmeade not being open or the Upper Lot being completely restricted during Halloween Horror Nights.

What exactly is her point of view? You need to provide specifics, because Universal Orlando Resort has always been about restricting the Halloween Horror Nights overlay from entering into the themed land - not the surrounding property. How does this shield them off from using Parisian Courtyard?

Whatever this point of view truly is, it doesn't seem to match up with reality.

I'd also like to point out one of Orlando's major restrictions when it came to HHN during 2002-2005 at Islands of Adventure... That was with "Seuss Landing". Dr Seuss' widow basically told them that it was a "happy place", so they were forbidden from doing anything "scary" with it. All Universal was allowed to do was have some fog, creepy atmospheric lighting & play the Seuss Landing soundtrack backwards. Absolutely NO scareactors!

However, in 2005.... lets just say Universal didn't play by those rules. Toon Lagoon & Seuss Landing became "North & South Hollow" within the realm of "Terra Cruentus". Both lands had the same theme. Fog, blue-ish lighting and hooded specter-esque scareactors (OMGZ DEMENTORZ! :ph34r: ). Yes, Universal Orlando went against the rule of "no scareactors"/scarezones in Seuss Landing that year. They also used music from Midnight Syndicate for soundtrack.

Do I expect USH to be that ballsy? of course not. But I certainly do expect FJ (and possibly even Hippo) to be open during HHN to help alleviate crowds. I also don't expect the new land to affect any mazes not being on the upper lot.

I realize that the chances of it happening are extremely small (mostly 0% chance), but man, I would love for them to do a Halloween overlay in the Wizarding World. All of it Harry Potter appropriate of course. Like Dementors roaming about the land and Death Eaters walking around trying to recruit people. That would be SO cool.

^only if we get a scarezone called "DEMENTORZ" :p

speaking of the Z's... I will post my thoughts on HHN a little later. Want to try & go through some of the pics I took first. Full review won't happen until after this weekend, but I'll definitely post a recap of last night. Gotta be an adult and make food first -sigh-

He has confirmed however, that he will still help put together the list for 2016's mazes.... I wonder who will take up the mantle? 

Its sad to see John go, but to phrase Albert Caine, "Your Time Has Come."

I hope John the best out of the future for him working in this park or any other field, but I can't wait to see how "Ted" does HHN in a way next year!

He has confirmed however, that he will still help put together the list for 2016's mazes.... I wonder who will take up the mantle?
I believe we already have our man..and hes the creative consultant of "Terror Tram - Survive The Purge". As said, the man that's going to take over is our Charlie in this story and it will lead to some very interesting events to happen.