#HHNForever - Orlando 2020 | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

#HHNForever - Orlando 2020

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I agree there.

Also, I have only heard of two houses opening and Beetlejuice is not one of them because it’s already taken down.

The house in B79 had its final inspection on Aug 25th though - do you think it was torn down in the last two weeks?

XZnqQXl.png

EDIT to add that I have no idea what's going to happen either, but some house permits seem to have had final inspections in late August/early September while others were either Closed with no final inspections or are still Open, so my guess would be that those permits that have final inspections might be ready/done and could potentially open if Universal chooses?

Last edited:
The house in B79 had its final inspection on Aug 25th though - do you think it was torn down in the last two weeks?

XZnqQXl.png

Interesting maybe what i heard was wrong!

As for why they’d tear down a house: IP rights require it if the event isn’t happening and/or they need the space.

As for why then rebuilt it: because it’s already designed and ready to go, they can quickly pull the trigger and have it done. No need to spend time with a reduced staff to make a new house.

Interesting maybe what i heard was wrong!

As for why they’d tear down a house: IP rights require it if the event isn’t happening and/or they need the space.

As for why then rebuilt it: because it’s already designed and ready to go, they can quickly pull the trigger and have it done. No need to spend time with a reduced staff to make a new house.
On the other hand, I see "approved" and I see "scheduled," but nothing indicating it was done. I don't know beans, but sure it could still have been struck, right?

I have a hard time believing houses opening for day time operations this year won’t return for HHN next year considering Universal’s desperation for money. People will still flock to the event next year, even if they attend this year’s seasonal offering. For 2021, why not open 8 new houses, keep 2 repeats, and pocket the profits?

I have a hard time believing houses opening for day time operations this year won’t return for HHN next year considering Universal’s desperation for money. People will still flock to the event next year, even if they attend this year’s seasonal offering. For 2021, why not open 8 new houses, keep 2 repeats, and pocket the profits?
I just hope Universal doesn't start re-using houses for every event. I'm fine with them doing this until they recover financially but for the long run...no.

I can't quite remember - are Brides and Tooth Fairy in the same soundstage?

Do you guys think they may just have you walk through them back-to-back if you paid for both houses?

Reactions: londonwerecat
This was the final spec map. Based on this, Brides was SS22 and Tooth Fairy was SS24. Don't remember if the locations from the final spec map were considered correct. I know earlier renditions had locations mixed up.

Eel9Ow7XgAcK6-T

Except there is no 22. So likely Brides was in 23 I believe, that being the “new” inclusion. With Tooth Fairy being where it’s always been meant to be in 24.

Reactions: Tbad556
Except there is no 22. So likely Brides was in 23 I believe, that being the “new” inclusion. With Tooth Fairy being where it’s always been meant to be in 24.
Oof, you're right. It's too early in the morning for all of these logistics. My brain can't handle it and work. :lol: I totally forgot SS22 was done after last year.

Reactions: ChaseTuff
this is quite a conundrum. I have to decide if I really wanna drive from out of town to experience two houses but I kind of want to. do you think media will get invited out so we can see walk-throughs on YouTube?

Reactions: rinacee
While trying not to dip toes in spec... Say having the daytime add-on is a success (it will be.) What is keeping Universal from sticking with #HHNFOREVER and keeping the houses they choose to open all year? Orlando fans have been begging for a year round haunt... This is their chance to make it happen. As the next year approaches change the houses up to keep it fresh. Fully wishful thinking, but having a $50 per person add on always available just seems like good business.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
While trying not to dip toes in spec... Say having the daytime add-on is a success (it will be.) What is keeping Universal from sticking with #HHNFOREVER and keeping the houses they choose to open all year? Orlando fans have been begging for a year round haunt... This is their chance to make it happen. As the next year approaches change the houses up to keep it fresh. Fully wishful thinking, but having a $50 per person add on always available just seems like good business.
Houses aren’t built to withstand that much traffic. They’re only intended to last a few months, and even then, probably require touch ups and repairs as the event goes on.

Houses aren’t built to withstand that much traffic. They’re only intended to last a few months, and even then, probably require touch ups and repairs as the event goes on.
But I think they could try to leave them open a bit longer till like end of November right till the start of their Christmas event. If enough people are interested and buy tickets I think it could be likely

It already takes 3-6 months to get a house show ready, and ya’ll think they can rebuild in three weeks?

I’m getting confirmation on Beetlejuice, but last I heard (last week), the current plan was for all houses to stay up for next year (except Billie, which wasn’t at a good “saving” point). Universal realized it’s cheaper to rent the facilities (the theme park rents the soundstages) than tear down and rebuild houses.

And as far “precedent for repeating houses at events,” this is NOT an event. It’s not a HHN. So any house that appears this year and next year is not “repeating” at all.