#HHNForever - Orlando 2020 | Page 48 | Inside Universal Forums

#HHNForever - Orlando 2020

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm guessing they still are awaiting final approvals before any announcement. When HHN was canceled it was immediately after Orange County said no, and that could happen again.

I'm guessing they still are awaiting final approvals before any announcement. When HHN was canceled it was immediately after Orange County said no, and that could happen again.
Except it’s not HHN. It’s a daytime event at an already open park. And the houses have received final inspections so they’re cleared for guests.

They already have the approval.

From the sound of things, Universal has been struggling to cast the houses as is. The fans need to remember that additional things like F&B tents require additional employees that are better served where they’re already working. And they’re not going to bring in new employees if they don’t think they’re necessary.

This is a really small operation/event/thing compared to everything else Universal does. You’re getting 2 houses and, based on rumors, some street performers focused on drawing people’s attention to the houses (so not even a “zone” in the traditional sense). If there is a massive crush of people on October 6th (first Tuesday), that fill up the VQ by 11 am, then Universal will likely start expanding. But until then, this very experimental and new. The fans REALLY need to check their expectations at the door.
Lol I really hope my question didn't come off in a bad way. I should have said "popular HHN foods pop up throughout the park." As in, even at existing F&B locations.

Except it’s not HHN. It’s a daytime event at an already open park. And the houses have received final inspections so they’re cleared for guests.

They already have the approval.
Building inspection/certificate of occupancy is one thing, but I believe it was the health department that had issues with the HHN houses. I wouldn't assume everything is signed off yet.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Building inspection/certificate of occupancy is one thing, but I believe it was the health department that had issues with the HHN houses. I wouldn't assume everything is signed off yet.
Universal had a mitigation plan for HHN, including plexiglass in the houses. From my understanding, the county APPROVED HHN but did not WANT HHN to go forward (there’s a difference).

It was a combination of the county’s lack of support, Netflix pulling out, and the other IP holders having concerns about the event (and their likely withdrawal once the first domino fell) that led to HHN’s cancellation. All signs were pointing to Universal being on an absolute island if HHN became a super-spreader event. They objectively checked all the boxes, but that doesn’t mean they were supposed to.

Last edited:
I’m honestly shocked nothing has been announced. I know someone that goes in for a fitting/rehearsal type of thing tomorrow. Only a matter of time before that info gets out there as well...

I’m honestly shocked nothing has been announced. I know someone that goes in for a fitting/rehearsal type of thing tomorrow. Only a matter of time before that info gets out there as well...
There's some training going on today too. Only a matter of time. As Legacy said, it seems like they're really struggling with presenting and marketing it all at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog
it's easier to figure out how to market a large project than how to market a small project with covid being part of the equation.

If they’re free, they’re essentially opening two low capacity, high demand, limited time attractions in the park. That’s a mess waiting to happen, virus or no virus. You literally can’t mass market that without a ton of risk.

I hope it works but no chance I’ll be anywhere close to that on weekend #1.

If they’re free, they’re essentially opening two low capacity, high demand, limited time attractions in the park. That’s a mess waiting to happen, virus or no virus. You literally can’t mass market that without a ton of risk.

Yep. That's why this is tougher to market than a regular large event during normal times.

I’ll be there for Halloween Weekend. I’m scared of how busy it’s going to be.

I’ll be there for Halloween Weekend. I’m scared of how busy it’s going to be.

That is my biggest fear. Out of big coincidence I will be in Orlando this coming weekend and will be there again Halloween weekend, and I am scared of potential crowds or getting "sold out" of virtual line.... I hate that I am saying this but an upcharge I feel would help organize this a ton and would be worth it instead of playing line games all day especially if the virtual line comes through

To be clear, I was suggesting they could promote Halloween offerings with the houses, street performers, scarecrow scavenger hunt, and themed foods for existing F&B locations. New cupcakes in Today Cafe, all the great stuff in the Tribute Store, etc. No need to set up booths to have themed treats. Just like they do already anyway, but it’s something to beef up a press release about all the offerings this season.

That is my biggest fear. Out of big coincidence I will be in Orlando this coming weekend and will be there again Halloween weekend, and I am scared of potential crowds or getting "sold out" of virtual line.... I hate that I am saying this but an upcharge I feel would help organize this a ton and would be worth it instead of playing line games all day especially if the virtual line comes through
I couldn't agree more, it's way worth the money in my eyes. I don't want a bunch of people getting to these houses only to complain that it frightened there kid.