Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 112 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If a person truly passed out during the ride then it wasn't Rocket's fault as many people have ridden in many time.... in a row...

Anyways the technical difficulties are very annoying. When I went in August of 09' I waited 3 hours and it kept going down for tech. difficulties and never got to ride it. Finally I left the line and went to IOA.. Then what do ya know?! It storms the rest of the day and barely got to ride any good rides. Get the difficulties straightened out and Rocket will be amazing!!

I wouldn't blame the Rockit for this people accident. People have passed out on Pirates of the Caribbean before. And I really hope they have this all worked out by the time that Wizarding World opens or there is going to be a lot of international complaints about it.

So this past week was my first time ever on Rockit, I rode it a total of 4 times and I wanted to post a a quick little review:
First time through was absolutely amazing! My friend and I waited for the front row and it was definitely worth it to have complete visibility in front of us. The lift is incredible, I've never been on a vertical lift before and I was actually quite nervous. Once I got over the top and started heading for the drop I was loving the coaster already! As we passed through the treble clef I felt some really strong G-Forces and heading back towards the station I loved the crowd surfer element. There were more G's on the loop at the front and as we pulled into the station I had a huge smile plastered on my face!
I had heard good things about Rockit despite it's unwieldy beginnings and I have to say, it's become probably my second favourite coaster after the Hulk.
Songs:
- Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger (3 stars)
- Le Disko (5 stars)
- Stronger (4 stars)
- Vertigo (5 stars)

I rode Rockit again yesterday (my third time) and I had a bad experience. Partly my fault, partly Rockit.
My fault: My legs were sore from the gym and I decided to keep my phone and my wallet in my pockets, so the lapbar pressed them onto my legs and it made for a really painful ride.
Rockit: The speakers kept going out at parts and it was really distracting... I told one of the attendants as soon as I got off, and the girl asked me where I was seating, so hopefully that means they'll look into it.

This time I rode to Hidden Track [HASHTAG]#130[/HASHTAG]: Won't Get Fooled Again by The Who, and even though I love The Who, it was just ok. Another to cross off the list, but not a repeat for me :shrug: Idk, maybe I should try it again and it won't be messed up by the faulty speaker, but I don't know... It just wasn't so exciting.

I wanted to try out The Who as well but after hearing what you have to say I may reconsider. I'm listening to it right now and think that it may be fun on the coaster. Except for the intro it is a really fun song. And I hope that they do fix the speakers. Show that you care Universal.

I don't know, I mean, I had a bad experience overall so maybe I didn't enjoy the song as much as I would have otherwise. I guess I need to try it again before I completely dismiss it. You should try it out so we have different points of view to go on :)

Yesterday at park open, Rockit opened using the moving platform and 4 trains. The line was at 15 minutes or less for at least the first hour. They are finally getting there...

Yesterday at park open, Rockit opened using the moving platform and 4 trains. The line was at 15 minutes or less for at least the first hour. They are finally getting there...

Yeah, but it's still slow season. :lol:

I agree. It's finally getting there. Once they can successfully start the day with 5 trains and a moving platform, then it has truly reached full capacity. While it saddens me that such an amazing ride hasn't reached full capacity almost a year after it's originally planned opening date, I am happy to say that the ride is indeed close to reaching that point.

Im not gonna lie but Rockit operation is not great but when i was there last weekend with the 4 train operation the line moves very quickly with the moving platform working and you have to admit it has improved since it opened and ive noticed its a lil faster and smoother then when i rode it in january. I think by the summer the ride will be at 5 trains at least and may i remind you that Test Track over at disney had similar problems and had to be delayed by a year!!!

Yeah, it was closed 3 times today due to high winds.

Understandable. Rockit isn't the only coaster in the world to close during high-wind-scenarios.

Im not gonna lie but Rockit operation is not great but when i was there last weekend with the 4 train operation the line moves very quickly with the moving platform working and you have to admit it has improved since it opened and ive noticed its a lil faster and smoother then when i rode it in january. I think by the summer the ride will be at 5 trains at least and may i remind you that Test Track over at disney had similar problems and had to be delayed by a year!!!

The line moves much quicker when running the 4 trains + moving platform. Yes, that's what a lot of people forget. Test Track was delayed over a year and still sets record wait times in the summer months.

Sorry I didn't post this info here sooner, but I was more focused on WW stuff at the time. Anyway, I wizzed by a TON of "Amended Notices of Commencement" for HRRR between Sept and Nov of 2009. They knew the project was in deep doo-doo and needed to extend the length of time the contractors could continue working on the project.

Additional new "notices of commencement" from the Orange County Comptroller were issued in November for HRRR. One was the new winch system to pull the cars out of the valley. Also another contract for a ladder (permanent or not) created for the valley-prone part of the ride. The NOC that I found most facinating was that a heating system was installed somewhere in the load area. I don't believe it was heating for the riders cue... I believe it may have been to warm up the train/wheels on cold days before going on its next run.

Finally, and this was a choker for me. A NOC in December for a new large graphic banner... this was the only one that was bonded. I was SHOCKED... the new banner on the lift was bonded for $425,000.00. A bond is basically insurance to replace or fix the job being done... thus, the contracted price of the banner graphic.

That is all that I can recall for now. Hope you enjoy these little bits of behind the scenes of HRRR.

Last edited: