Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 110 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You should really check out Rockit'. It is a really calm ride compared to Hulk and Dueling Dragons. In terms of intensity it is more like the mummy except for the non-inverted loop which really is not worse than anything Hulk or dragons has. I would have to say the lift is the coolest part, so don't be afraid of that part and just enjoy it. Like Doc Brown said the line fills up quick so get there right away. Definitely ride it.

We're going to both US parks in June but I'm not sure about riding this. I ride Hulk (although hate the take-off hehe) and DD, but I'm not sure whether the combination of a much higher drop and going up laying flat would be enjoyable. Also most people seem to talk about rough trains and long queues which also puts me off :( although we would probably not ride this until later in the evening.

What would you guys say about it? Hulk and DD are pretty much the only proper coasters I've ridden. I do enjoy them (bar the Hulk take-off mentioned above) and find their speed is perfect so you never feel too much serious stomach-dropping or being thrown around. Would I enjoy RRR? Or find it too much?

Rockit is a lot less intense. The height restrictions of Dragons and Hulk should say something. Rockit only has a restriction of 51", Hulk/Dragons have a restriction of 54". My daughter is 8, is scared of most coasters, and liked Rockit the first time she rode it. I'm sure you'll feel the same.

Is it true you can have problems hearing the song you have picked?

I haven't had a problem with it. Some songs are louder than others it seems. You can't hear the music the person next to you selected either. So to answer your question, no.

I go to the parks tomorrow, and I'm finally getting a chance to ride Rockit! Does anyone have a song choice recommendation? I was thinking of "Moving Right Along" by the Muppets, "Float On" by Modest Mouse, or "Klein Mandlebrot" by Blue Man Group. Any other suggestions?

My favorites are probably Rollin by Limp Bizkit and Bring Me to Life by Evanescence. Enjoy your trip!

Thanks Emmett, you've made me feel a bit better about riding it this summer :)

Is it true you can have problems hearing the song you have picked?

You can, but in the middle of the day it is very rare. I've had a problem once on the 11 times I've been on the ride and it was closing time.

I go to the parks tomorrow, and I'm finally getting a chance to ride Rockit! Does anyone have a song choice recommendation? I was thinking of "Moving Right Along" by the Muppets, "Float On" by Modest Mouse, or "Klein Mandlebrot" by Blue Man Group. Any other suggestions?

Hope this isn't too late! My favorite song so far on Rockit has been Kickstart My Heart by Motley Crue. I also had a blast with Sabotage. I'll be trying Vertigo by U2 next time I head out.

You can, but in the middle of the day it is very rare. I've had a problem once on the 11 times I've been on the ride and it was closing time.

Hope this isn't too late! My favorite song so far on Rockit has been Kickstart My Heart by Motley Crue. I also had a blast with Sabotage. I'll be trying Vertigo by U2 next time I head out.

Feels like a lifetime since we were standing infront of the constructions walls waving cash at the workers :lol:

I'm not riding this again until they fix the speed issues, my god, I felt like I was going to die in row 6 whipping around the track.

I'm not riding this again until they fix the speed issues, my god, I felt like I was going to die in row 6 whipping around the track.

What are you talking about? It's perfect. It reminds me of some of the crazy **** I'd design on RCT.

Universal_Maniac mentioned that I had uploaded some pics to the Potter thread, thought I'd upload them in this thread as well.
DSC00811.jpg

DSC00812.jpg

DSC00814.jpg

DSC00815.jpg

Reactions: Tbad556
On a separate note, I totally forgot about Syd Vinyl: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8xVybObveo

Worst Marketing character Evarrrrr! :faint:

For suure! Super cheesy... I am glad I never saw him again lol!

Universal_Maniac mentioned that I had uploaded some pics to the Potter thread, thought I'd upload them in this thread as well.

Saw this at the WWoHP thread too :) It's cool that they're producing new promos for HRRR, although it's a bit too popular and it should not be advertized! ... lol! just kidding... I just want shorter wait times :p But I totally get it... they wanna keep drawing people in to the park with their shiny new toy.