Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 253 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
USF has great capacity and should absorb the loss of two attractions quite easily. Insane to think DHS was at one point only operating with Star Tours, RNRC, and ToT.

People skipping (or reducing their time at) USF is a real possibility based on time constraints. Vacations aren't getting longer, so people will have to decide how to use their time wisely while visiting Orlando now.
DHS had a ton of shows, so it wasn't like all capacity was on those 3. Was the GMR and Toy Story ever down at the same time though?

USF does need more capacity. When you go during peak times the waits are pretty insane across the park. Losing 2 rides would not be the best, but I will say those rides do need replaced, so as long as it is not a closure and sit there and nothing happen, I am OK with this.

It would all depend on the complexity of a hypothetical future build.
It won't be that complex, as there's not really room for it. I don't know if it'll drift either, that plot isn't great for drifting elements.

However, I wonder if they'll take out Concert Plaza and move concerts into the Fear Factor theatre. That would open up a lot of room for both the coaster and extra Minion Land facades.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind/kind of hope the replacement coaster keeps the music element versus Fast and Furious. It's been the least of Rockit's operations "quirks" and can be plussed with mid-20s tech.

If the park is getting a F&F coaster, I think Supercharged needs to be replaced in very short order.

I am not in favor of just shuttering the building and leaving it closed indefinitely.
Trust me, I'm no fan of shuttered empty attractions... but there is zero need to keep F&F open once a new proper attraction is built. DreamWorks coming online this year will give kids more to do that isn't Minions.

Looking at the timeline, 2 "smaller" projects like Rockit replacement & F&F retheme/replacement can be done prior to a 2028-30 Pokemon thing.

DHS had a ton of shows, so it wasn't like all capacity was on those 3. Was the GMR and Toy Story ever down at the same time though?

USF does need more capacity. When you go during peak times the waits are pretty insane across the park. Losing 2 rides would not be the best, but I will say those rides do need replaced, so as long as it is not a closure and sit there and nothing happen, I am OK with this.
GMR & TSM we're down together at one point (3 months I think) as TSM shifted its entrance to TSL proper.

I mean, peak times will always draw crowds... but the park has decent capacity. The issue is that the 2 big headliners (Mummy & Gringotts) are solid attractions that stand out from some of the lesser experiences in the park.

If we all want USF to change within this decade, the park will have to suffer capacity rides. Doing 1 thing at a time won’t work for a mini overhaul of the park.

Replace HRRR in 2026, hopefully if the rumors are true Pokemon could be 2027, and within 3-4 years we already have 2 major upgrades. Seems like progress to me!

Is the old Blue Man building currently used for anything? Could it be demolished for more coaster space?

However, I wonder if they'll take out Concert Plaza and move concerts into the Fear Factor theatre. That would open up a lot of room for both the coaster and extra Minion Land facades.
Getting through that area would be so much easier during concerts. It would also get people to travel further into the park.

Is the old Blue Man building currently used for anything? Could it be demolished for more coaster space?

Getting through that area would be so much easier during concerts. It would also get people to travel further into the park.
The only issue I can think of is capacity. The concert plaza can get extremely crowded during Mardi Gra and Christmas and I don't know how many people Fear Factor can handle.

Looking at aerials ... the old Minions ride should be leveled and use that space for the coaster station

Could also use more of the space between HRC - the drifting feature will make up for the shorter track length

(if these rumors happen)

I’m extremely in the minority but I don’t want them to replace this with another coaster. I rather they build something else or turn into a food/beverage space.
There's other spots to do that though. This plot is the only place in the park a coaster can go.

Looking at aerials ... the old Minions ride should be leveled and use that space for the coaster station

Could also use more of the space between HRC - the drifting feature will make up for the shorter track length

(if these rumors happen)
Absolutely not happening. They just built a whole land around Minion Mayhem. It's here to stay.