Horror Movies Thread | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Horror Movies Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Any big releases anyone is looking forward to this year?

I'm ready for Antlers to finally come out (hopefully), as well as Last Night in Soho.

Just in terms of the bigger, studio releases, I'm anticipating all of these quite a bit:

A QUIET PLACE PART II
FEAR STREET
THE CONJURING: THE DEVIL MADE ME DO IT
OLD
CANDYMAN
MALIGNANT
HALLOWEEN KILLS
LAST NIGHT IN SOHO
ANTLERS

Reactions: Grabnar and Allison
Any big releases anyone is looking forward to this year?

I'm ready for Antlers to finally come out (hopefully), as well as Last Night in Soho.

I'm really intrigued by what the reboot to the Resident Evil series looks like. Not only do I adore the game series despite how absurdly bonkers they get but the first franchise with Mila Jovovich is a legit guilty pleasure of mine so it can only get better for me. Doubly intriguing with the recent release that the director took heavy inspiration from John Carpenter films and wants to have a thick, brooding, claustrophobic atmosphere. I'm worried with how much they're going to stuff into the movie since it's allegedly going to cover both RE 1 & 2 but excited at the same time!

Reactions: Grabnar
Watched Hunter Hunter (not the anime) last night because it finally came out on Hulu.

Very much worth it and very much worth going into it knowing nothing about it.
Those last five minutes were bonkers. Didn't see things going that gruesome, but we really enjoyed the film.

Reactions: jseal777
The Limehouse Golem was good for anyone who likes horror/crime/mystery in the mold of a Jack The Ripper type film. 7/10 movie for me.

Reactions: belloq87
Just in terms of the bigger, studio releases, I'm anticipating all of these quite a bit:

A QUIET PLACE PART II
FEAR STREET
THE CONJURING: THE DEVIL MADE ME DO IT
OLD
CANDYMAN
MALIGNANT
HALLOWEEN KILLS
LAST NIGHT IN SOHO
ANTLERS

I’m not 100% what Malignant will end up being, but the fact that both it and Last Night in SoHo seem to be very giallo inspired makes me very excited. Could that be the next big horror trend?

Although, I think there’s a very slight chance that it has a backdoor connection to the Insidious franchise.

Reactions: belloq87
I’m not 100% what Malignant will end up being, but the fact that both it and Last Night in SoHo seem to be very giallo inspired makes me very excited. Could that be the next big horror trend?

Although, I think there’s a very slight chance that it has a backdoor connection to the Insidious franchise.
Why not be a giallo that ties to Insidious :)

Reactions: DannyPowers

I'd love to see a giallo revival. There have been a few pretty small, niche films to try to ape that approach, but nothing on a significant scale.

Scare Me: Two people locked in a cabin telling each other scary stories. Great writing, great acting.

Does this get any better past the werewolf story? I tried watching it last night but I couldn’t stand the main characters and gave up on it halfway through that part.

I’m also very, very excited for Last Night in Soho.

Does this get any better past the werewolf story? I tried watching it last night but I couldn’t stand the main characters and gave up on it halfway through that part.

I’m also very, very excited for Last Night in Soho.

There’s definitely a crescendo to the movie, and another character gets introduced that adds a lot of energy. But, if you’re not into the “schtick” of the movie, this one mightnot be for you.

Reactions: Allison

This is just a 4K version of the film right? Nothing new (asking because they are calling it uncut)