Horror Nights Wish List - Orlando | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Horror Nights Wish List - Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's all one franchise. There is no loophole. :lol:
At least from a branding perspective, I think Universal is putting everything under the “World” banner. I still think using “Park” separates it enough from how Uni currently is branding the franchise to allow it to exist in HHN, and helps it appeal more to an older audience and less to younger kids who are more familiar with the World films. It probably won’t happen, but I don’t think that means it shouldn’t.

A question for the anime fans: If there’s one show you would give a horror treatment to build up a house, then which one you’d pick and why?

I know most will say Demon Slayer; but for me, I’d go with Inuyasha and revolve the series around Naraku as a house cause of his manipulative abilities, and they’re actually quite terrifying with a horror sort of inspired moments. I know this will never happen at all, but it’s a Youkai show worth mentioning.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darko
A question for the anime fans: If there’s one show you would give a horror treatment to build up a house, then which one you’d pick and why?

I know most will say Demon Slayer; but for me, I’d go with Inuyasha and revolve the series around Naraku as a house cause his manipulative abilities, and they’re actually quite terrifying with a horror sort of inspired moments. I know this will never happen at all, but it’s a Youkai show worth mentioning.
I’m a big Inuyasha fan so I back this idea.

Reactions: Fear2010
I’m a big Inuyasha fan so I back this idea.

Totally! The Higurashi wellhouse would make a perfect facade, and there are some interesting things you could do with the characters if you give them a horror treatment completely like a full youkai Inuyasha, a reincarnated Kikyo turned old and ugly, Miroku getting sucked brutally into a tunnel on his left hand, Kohaku torturing Sango and kidnapping Rin, Kagome as the main victim, and Kagura serving Naraku who does his thing like in the series, as it ends with his final form. Shesshomaru is probably the hardest character to implement cause he seemed to have the least horror-type/adjacent situations.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darko

I know most will say Demon Slayer; but for me, I’d go with Inuyasha and revolve the series around Naraku as a house cause of his manipulative abilities, and they’re actually quite terrifying with a horror sort of inspired moments. I know this will never happen at all, but it’s a Youkai show worth mentioning.
- Berserk: LOTS of material to adapt, but I’d go with Black Swordsman arc or Golden Age. A scene in which Guts confronts the God Hand, or the Eclipse with all the apostles scaring you would be amazing to see.

- A compilation maze of Junji Ito’s stories would be amazing to see. His artwork and designs are horrifying but beautiful at the same time, I’d like to seem them translated in a maze. Uzumaki would be the perfect candidate since it’s getting upcoming anime.

- Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust: Beautiful visuals with it’s gothic setting and lots of kick-ass action that would make for some cool scenes in a maze.

Those are some interesting picks. But how would you guys feel if Full Metal Alchemist completely gone horror as a house? Though the anime and manga series isn’t a hundred percent, but It’s like what I said before about Inuyasha, there are horror inspired moments. It has monsters, forbidden magic, villains, and most notably the seven deadly sins all over the place. It could revolve around the Homunculus and Father.

Honestly think I’d prefer an original based on Japanese myths and legends about demons or ghosts. I think it would fit HHN so much better than an actual anime house.

• Love
Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Honestly think I’d prefer an original based on Japanese myths and legends about demons or ghosts. I think it would fit HHN so much better than an actual anime house.

Didn't Hollywood try that and then people got Offended (TM)? Or am I misremembering (I hope I am)?

Wonder if the chances of an Addams Family house would rise with that Wednesday series (which looks like a lotta fun).

On discord someone mentions Kate Petras’ Halloween album Turn Off The Light, and I think like The Weeknd After Hours it would make a good house for both Orlando and Hollywood.

Reactions: PenguinCowboy
- Berserk: LOTS of material to adapt, but I’d go with Black Swordsman arc or Golden Age. A scene in which Guts confronts the God Hand, or the Eclipse with all the apostles scaring you would be amazing to see.

- A compilation maze of Junji Ito’s stories would be amazing to see. His artwork and designs are horrifying but beautiful at the same time, I’d like to seem them translated in a maze. Uzumaki would be the perfect candidate since it’s getting upcoming anime.

- Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust: Beautiful visuals with it’s gothic setting and lots of kick-ass action that would make for some cool scenes in a maze.
I'd add JoJo's Bizarre Adventure to the list of ideas, mainly based on the Phantom Blood story arc.

Honestly, it's kind of surprising that Universal Studios Japan hasn't used more anime IPs for their HHN. I know they had a Gegege no Kitaro house last year, but that's about it.

Last edited:

With this being announced, I’d like to see HHN Orlando (Or Hollywood again) giving this a shot in the future since the film will be based on Silent Hill 2, giving all the material they need, without having them to play the game.

That is of course, the film will be faithful to the game, rather than doing its own thing.

Reactions: HHN Maddux
I have always wanted the Friday the 13th rights settled so we could get a scare zone in Central Park. Maybe call it Friday the 13th: Crystal Lake Nightmares and have nearly every version of Jason throughout the years, camp counselors and of course Pamela Voorhees. It's the perfect spot for Crystal Lake.

Reactions: HHN Maddux
I would love to see a shudder movie house which is the Mortuary Collection.1667743753861.jpeg
It could be like trick r treat where you enter through different stories that connect, not to mention the charred little zombies as puppets in the house.

this theme could be playing while you enter the morticians home.

also the elevator scene would be the cherry on top.

Last edited:
Before doing The Weeknd maze, I was hoping that this was a one-off thing, and that he wouldn’t come back.

After doing the maze, and watching DawnFM music videos, I realize I REALLY want him back next year with a sequel maze titled: DAWN FM NIGHTMARE.

Gasoline & HDIMYLM would make for amazing scenes in a maze. Sacrifice needs to comeback just for this scene, even if has been used in After Hours. The DawnFM narration is a perfect queue song, and as you enter in a black hallway with a light that makes feel as if you’re entering a new world would be so cool to experience!

I know this will never happen, but I could easily picture them pulling off a Narnia house that revolves around Jadis the White Witch while setting it between the Magician’s Nephew and The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe.