Horror Nights Wish List - Orlando | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Horror Nights Wish List - Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Arm chair Creative at work for a new HHN maze:
*all artwork is stolen from internet and have no resemblance for anything alive or death...

WDW: Where Death Walks
This concept is an upcharge maze (150$-170$ depending on the night but it's always 170$).
The façade is stunning, a glittering display of promises 3 stories high.
When you enter the first room you are welcomed by a mouse, smile carved in it's face so you can't tell the pain and poverty going behind the actor.
17-disney-park-conspiracy-theories-thatll-scare-t-2-7081-1485548597-3_dblbig.jpg
You get a choice of 3 doors.
Door 1 is free to enter, door 2 is $10 and the third is $17 but it's the best door.
0ad0e2bc62307b47f269a519acec0771.jpg
Door 1 leads to a taxidermy duck. It's not moving but there are cutouts of dilapidated theme park rides.
Door 2 leads to a character in rat, you may stroke it as it screams in pain. The room is decorated as a hallway.
Door 3 has a horrendous dog in a cage, it has rabies and snarls at you, you may hit it or spit it in the face, no charges are pressed. To complement the experience you can have your photo taken by a horrible photographer.
23a37c65ddfe753e85ed954f7cf99a7a.jpg
You end trough a gift shop.

Arm chair Creative at work for a new HHN maze:
*all artwork is stolen from internet and have no resemblance for anything alive or death...

WDW: Where Death Walks
This concept is an upcharge maze (150$-170$ depending on the night but it's always 170$).
The façade is stunning, a glittering display of promises 3 stories high.
When you enter the first room you are welcomed by a mouse, smile carved in it's face so you can't tell the pain and poverty going behind the actor.
View attachment 16608
You get a choice of 3 doors.
Door 1 is free to enter, door 2 is $10 and the third is $17 but it's the best door.
View attachment 16609
Door 1 leads to a taxidermy duck. It's not moving but there are cutouts of dilapidated theme park rides.
Door 2 leads to a character in rat, you may stroke it as it screams in pain. The room is decorated as a hallway.
Door 3 has a horrendous dog in a cage, it has rabies and snarls at you, you may hit it or spit it in the face, no charges are pressed. To complement the experience you can have your photo taken by a horrible photographer.
View attachment 16610
You end trough a gift shop.
You’ve got your axe to grind everywhere, even an old HHN thread. I respect and admire it.

I actually want them to do another Scary Tales spin-off like they had done with Asylum In Wonderland in 25, but better. Most will say the Wizard of Oz, but I think that’s too much of a easy call, so I’ve done my first fanmade house idea inspired by the Jungle Book, which you can check out on the “Design An HHN Event” thread. The books were darker than the Disney adaptations, and Rudyard Kipling had written his own horror stories from Tales of Horror & Fantasy.

I'm not surprised but do wish Universal would look into some of Carpenter's films like Prince of Darkness and In The Mouth of Madness, those two films have a lot of potential as houses and many ideas for good effects, puppetry and scares, the scores are also kicks ass, definitely recommend to watch em both.

Reactions: Fear2010
Billie eilish and the Weeknd are okay, but watching stranger things 4, i realized that a Metallica house is needed at HHN.
no, Metallica is not my favorite band or anything, is not about wanting my favorite band personally. but Metallica is famous and big enough with regular normal guests and the most well known heavy metal band in pop culture.
they are maybe the most famous metal band of all time. even kanye west wears their shirts

Reactions: Crypt Keeper
Speaking of music, am I the only one who wants a house based on The Downward Spiral by Nine Inch Nails? It’s literally a psychological horror album that continues to age well for almost thirty years and onward.

I am one of the last people to say this, but I hope that in the future, they repeat Beetlejuice in a soundstage, or pull what they did with the Crypt Keeper in 1996, and have him host an original house (like, say, Legacy's idea for a Beetlejuice's Bootleg Hollywood house).

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
I am one of the last people to say this, but I hope that in the future, they repeat Beetlejuice in a soundstage, or pull what they did with the Crypt Keeper in 1996, and have him host an original house (like, say, Legacy's idea for a Beetlejuice's Bootleg Hollywood house).
For me, I'd love to see Beetlejuice used as a scare zone at some point, but an original house hosted by the Ghost with the Most could be fun.

This may be better fit for the design an event thread, but everything I list here is somethin I would consider to be on my "Wish-List" for any given HHN. I've spent some spare time designing what I would consider to be a dream event and honestly had a pretty fun time doing it. I know much of this will never happen - but hey that's what this is for right?

The event features 12 houses, 7 scarezones, and 2 shows.

Let me know what yall think! Interested to hear some opinions - especially for the originals.
Enjoy!

Spec Map Ultimate.png

HOUSES:

A) IT

One of the most popular horror blockbusters has made its way to Halloween Horror Nights. Stroll through the town of Derry, OH as you experience some of the most iconic - and frightening - scenes from IT Chapters 1 and 2.

B) Revolution: The Concord Estate
The Concord Estate has seen a great deal of tragedy in the time that it has stood firm on its New England grounds. Though none have been as violent as the battles that took place near its front doors during the Revolutionary War. Rumor states that soldiers would use this mansion as means of infirmary; and worse – as means of keeping and torturing prisoners on the battlefield. Now laying empty – the Concord Estate invites those brave enough to witness its great history. Some who dare step foot in the house return with tales of gruesome apparitions and random outbreaks of cannon fire. Others who leave seeking out these apparitions never return at all. Will you live to share the blood-soaked history of this perennial estate? Or will you simply become another soul lost to battle?

C) CREATURES OF THE COSMOS : Legends of H.P. Lovecraft
They say that all fears stem from what is unknown. But when the secret horrors of the cosmos are discovered - you will come to realize that knowing is twice as terrifying. You won’t believe your eyes as massive creatures of unexplainable origin descend upon you. Stare down Night-Gaunts, the jaw-dropping Cthulhu, and many other incomprehensible creatures that wander the mind-bending universe of H.P. Lovecraft.

D) Curse of the Mummy
Journey back to 1925 where an archeological dig in Cairo has disrupted the ancient tomb of King Isfet – one of the cruelest rulers in the land’s history. When he was killed and mummified by those who served him, Isfet was cursed to eternal pain and damnation. Now that he has been resurrected, his vengeful spirit is dead-set on spreading his curse across the rest of Egypt – yourself included.

E) DreamCatcher
For decades, philosophers have theorized that a higher plane of existence can be accessed through the dream state. For decades, the Dreamcatcher has been stealing the dreams of her clients in order to reach this higher plane for herself. Step into the Dreamcatcher’s office, and count backwards from 100… As you begin to nod off, you will find yourself surrounded by the wonders of the dreamscape. Explore shapes you’ve never seen and tones you’ve never heard. It’s wonderful, right? Just be sure that your dreams don’t turn to nightmares as your psyche is slowly overtaken. After all, the Dreamcatchers' hijackings don’t tend to be pleasant. Try to escape the terrorizing grasp of the Dreamcatcher as your dream state and waking state blend to form a horrifying reality.

F) RainWalkers: Cult of the Amazon
The RainWalkers have wandered the expanse of the Amazon Rainforest untouched by modern day society. They are strong, fast, and feral – and have survived the harshest of conditions. Forged by the rainfall and the marshland, the RainWalkers have come to worship the downpours – believing they will bring them good fortune and prosperity. Unlucky for you, there’s only one thing that can ensure that the rain continues to persist. Typically, a rabbit or otter will do; but a sacrifice this big is sure to bring them the eternal rainfall they so desperately desire. Race through the marshlands as you fend off Snakes, Jaguars, the most terrifying beast of them all – the RainWalkers.

G) The Evil Dead
Hail to the King, baby. Join Ash Williams from the iconic Evil Dead trilogy as he hacks through swarms of foul Deadites. Scream your way through the most recognizable settings of the original two films as the evils of the Necronomicon do all they can to turn you to disembowel you. Be sure to bring your chainsaw - because things are about to get groovy.

H) Twisted Tradition: Reign of the Pumpkin Lord
The Pumpkin Lord is back and looking to exact vengeance on those who have lost sight of the Halloween spirit. Tremor amid his cruel Halloween traditions that have long since been forgotten. A sinister rot has taken root once again and is intent on reminding you that these twisted traditions are here to stay. Come face to face with the one evil that reigns over all, and find out what it means to become one under the Lord of All Hallows Eve.

I) Scream
Do you like scary movies? Step into one of the most iconic of them all as you square off against Ghostface from the 1996 classic ‘Scream.’ Explore the most memorable scenes from the movie as you wander through the bloodied streets of Woodsboro, California. C’mon you’re not scared, are ya? After all – it’s just a haunted house… right?

J) Urban Legends: The Boogeyman
Missing child posters have begun to litter the streets of the Chicago suburbs as curfews are set in place and the police patrol the streets. Despite their best efforts, kids are still disappearing at an alarming rate – seemingly out of thin air. Where have they all gone? Well, that’s for you to find out. Be sure to check behind the closet doors and under the beds; you may just come across the grisly and menacing beast that is responsible for these disappearances. Typically, the Boogeyman likes to be seamless with his snatchings – but with all this commotion he may just be forced to shred anyone who stands in his way.

K) The Thing
Deep in the midst of the Antarctic winter lies something whose sole purpose is to assimilate the world's population. Flames burst out and terrifying cries echo through the research base as its inhabitants are gruesomely transformed to extensions of this unknown symbiote. If you manage to escape The Thing - well, it’s only a matter of time before the icy conditions get to you instead. Based on John Carpenter’s 1982 classic.

L) Gremlins
Christmas has come early this year, but the presents are sure to be unwanted. Evade the reckless and violent shenanigans of the Mogwai as they rampage through the area. They may look cute at first glance - but be assured they are fixing to make YOU their midnight snack.

SCAREZONES:

M) Lightning Gulch

Come for the gold, leave because your life depends on it. The spirits of the once thriving Lightning Gulch are not keen on sharing what is rightfully theirs - and will kill to defend their fortunes. Lower your cowboy hat and keep a low profile - or these gold hungry ghosts will be sure to leave you beaten and bloodied.

N) Attack of the Mole Men!
Mole people have dug their way into Central Park! Shriek in horror as they extend their claws at you in an effort to drag you back to the depths of the Earth they came from!

O) RUN: Live on Air !
Eddie has returned with the fourth installment of his hit T.V. show, RUN - and this time - he’s bringing in a live studio audience! As a contestant, you will make your way through a gauntlet of freaks and maniacs who are determined to put on a show for their onlookers. The prize if you win? You get to live another day.

P) Portal of the Damned
A massive portal has opened at the gates of the park and is attracting atrocities of all kinds. Experience the horrors that await you at the event as they all converge upon you from within the portal. Come face to face with Pennywise, Ash, Ghostface, and all of the other iconic freaks and creatures that are lurking throughout this year's event. Its all of the terror in one diobolical dimension.

Q) Shred-Fest
Welcome to the raddest music festival in all of the Underworld. Thousands of demons and demented flock to Shred-Fest every year to rock out and have a good time. Enjoy gnarly grubs, terrifying company, and cover bands playing the greatest songs in metal and rock’n’roll history. Oh! Don’t forget to stop by the Fire Fountain, the Killing Booth, and tons of other diabolical experiences that keep these punk-devils having a hell of a time.

R) SIRENS
A heavy fog has set in on the island of the San Francisco Lighthouse. As storm clouds begin to set in overhead, the rolling sounds of thunder are slowly replaced by a sweet calming song. Piercing green eyes approach you through the thick fog as you begin to realize that the creatures singing aren’t nearly as peaceful as the tunes they bellow.

S) Chainsaw Drill Team: Battle of the Bridge
A Cyborg race has mended their extremities to chainsaws and is intent on overtaking the area. The resistance, composed of felons, clowns, and mechanics are locked in an epic battle against this new squad in an effort to protect their legacy. No matter who emerges victorious - there are sure to be casualties suffered by whoever intervenes.

SHOWS:

Rick & Morty's Dimension of the Diabolical

Marathon of Mayhem

Last edited:
This may be better fit for the design an event thread, but everything I list here is somethin I would consider to be on my "Wish-List" for any given HHN. I've spent some spare time designing what I would consider to be a dream event and honestly had a pretty fun time doing it. I know much of this will never happen - but hey that's what this is for right?

The event features 12 houses, 7 scarezones, and 2 shows.

Let me know what yall think! Interested to hear some opinions - especially for the originals.
Enjoy!

View attachment 16745

HOUSES:

A) IT

One of the most popular horror blockbusters has made its way to Halloween Horror Nights. Stroll through the town of Derry, OH as you experience some of the most iconic - and frightening - scenes from IT Chapters 1 and 2.

B) Revolution: The Concord Estate
The Concord Estate has seen a great deal of tragedy in the time that it has stood firm on its New England grounds. Though none have been as violent as the battles that took place near its front doors during the Revolutionary War. Rumor states that soldiers would use this mansion as means of infirmary; and worse – as means of keeping and torturing prisoners on the battlefield. Now laying empty – the Concord Estate invites those brave enough to witness its great history. Some who dare step foot in the house return with tales of gruesome apparitions and random outbreaks of cannon fire. Others who leave seeking out these apparitions never return at all. Will you live to share the blood-soaked history of this perennial estate? Or will you simply become another soul lost to battle?

C) CREATURES OF THE COSMOS : Legends of H.P. Lovecraft
They say that all fears stem from what is unknown. But when the secret horrors of the cosmos are discovered - you will come to realize that knowing is twice as terrifying. You won’t believe your eyes as massive creatures of unexplainable origin descend upon you. Stare down Night-Gaunts, the jaw-dropping Cthulhu, and many other incomprehensible creatures that wander the mind-bending universe of H.P. Lovecraft.

D) Curse of the Mummy
Journey back to 1925 where an archeological dig in Cairo has disrupted the ancient tomb of King Isfet – one of the cruelest rulers in the land’s history. When he was killed and mummified by those who served him, Isfet was cursed to eternal pain and damnation. Now that he has been resurrected, his vengeful spirit is dead-set on spreading his curse across the rest of Egypt – yourself included.

E) DreamCatcher
For decades, philosophers have theorized that a higher plane of existence can be accessed through the dream state. For decades, the Dreamcatcher has been stealing the dreams of her clients in order to reach this higher plane for herself. Step into the Dreamcatcher’s office, and count backwards from 100… As you begin to nod off, you will find yourself surrounded by the wonders of the dreamscape. Explore shapes you’ve never seen and tones you’ve never heard. It’s wonderful, right? Just be sure that your dreams don’t turn to nightmares as your psyche is slowly overtaken. After all, the Dreamcatchers' hijackings don’t tend to be pleasant. Try to escape the terrorizing grasp of the Dreamcatcher as your dream state and waking state blend to form a horrifying reality.

F) RainWalkers: Cult of the Amazon
The RainWalkers have wandered the expanse of the Amazon Rainforest untouched by modern day society. They are strong, fast, and feral – and have survived the harshest of conditions. Forged by the rainfall and the marshland, the RainWalkers have come to worship the downpours – believing they will bring them good fortune and prosperity. Unlucky for you, there’s only one thing that can ensure that the rain continues to persist. Typically, a rabbit or otter will do; but a sacrifice this big is sure to bring them the eternal rainfall they so desperately desire. Race through the marshlands as you fend off Snakes, Jaguars, the most terrifying beast of them all – the RainWalkers.

G) The Evil Dead
Hail to the King, baby. Join Ash Williams from the iconic Evil Dead trilogy as he hacks through swarms of foul Deadites. Scream your way through the most recognizable settings of the original two films as the evils of the Necronomicon do all they can to turn you to disembowel you. Be sure to bring your chainsaw - because things are about to get groovy.

H) Twisted Tradition: Reign of the Pumpkin Lord
The Pumpkin Lord is back and looking to exact vengeance on those who have lost sight of the Halloween spirit. Tremor amid his cruel Halloween traditions that have long since been forgotten. A sinister rot has taken root once again and is intent on reminding you that these twisted traditions are here to stay. Come face to face with the one evil that reigns over all, and find out what it means to become one under the Lord of All Hallows Eve.

I) Scream
Do you like scary movies? Step into one of the most iconic of them all as you square off against Ghostface from the 1996 classic ‘Scream.’ Explore the most memorable scenes from the movie as you wander through the bloodied streets of Woodsboro, California. C’mon you’re not scared, are ya? After all – it’s just a haunted house… right?

J) Urban Legends: The Boogeyman
Missing child posters have begun to litter the streets of the Chicago suburbs as curfews are set in place and the police patrol the streets. Despite their best efforts, kids are still disappearing at an alarming rate – seemingly out of thin air. Where have they all gone? Well, that’s for you to find out. Be sure to check behind the closet doors and under the beds; you may just come across the grisly and menacing beast that is responsible for these disappearances. Typically, the Boogeyman likes to be seamless with his snatchings – but with all this commotion he may just be forced to shred anyone who stands in his way.

K) The Thing
Deep in the midst of the Antarctic winter lies something whose sole purpose is to assimilate the world's population. Flames burst out and terrifying cries echo through the research base as its inhabitants are gruesomely transformed to extensions of this unknown symbiote. If you manage to escape The Thing - well, it’s only a matter of time before the icy conditions get to you instead. Based on John Carpenter’s 1982 classic.

L) Gremlins
Christmas has come early this year, but the presents are sure to be unwanted. Evade the reckless and violent shenanigans of the Mogwai as they rampage through the area. They may look cute at first glance - but be assured they are fixing to make YOU their midnight snack.

SCAREZONES:

M) Lightning Gulch

Come for the gold, leave because your life depends on it. The spirits of the once thriving Lightning Gulch are not keen on sharing what is rightfully theirs - and will kill to defend their fortunes. Lower your cowboy hat and keep a low profile - or these gold hungry ghosts will be sure to leave you beaten and bloodied.

N) Attack of the Mole Men!
Mole people have dug their way into Central Park! Shriek in horror as they extend their claws at you in an effort to drag you back to the depths of the Earth they came from!

O) RUN: Live on Air !
Eddie has returned with the fourth installment of his hit T.V. show, RUN - and this time - he’s bringing in a live studio audience! As a contestant, you will make your way through a gauntlet of freaks and maniacs who are determined to put on a show for their onlookers. The prize if you win? You get to live another day.

P) Portal of the Damned
A massive portal has opened at the gates of the park and is attracting atrocities of all kinds. Experience the horrors that await you at the event as they all converge upon you from within the portal. Come face to face with Pennywise, Ash, Ghostface, and all of the other iconic freaks and creatures that are lurking throughout this year's event. Its all of the terror in one diobolical dimension.

Q) Shred-Fest
Welcome to the raddest music festival in all of the Underworld. Thousands of demons and demented flock to Shred-Fest every year to rock out and have a good time. Enjoy gnarly grubs, terrifying company, and cover bands playing the greatest songs in metal and rock’n’roll history. Oh! Don’t forget to stop by the Fire Fountain, the Killing Booth, and tons of other diabolical experiences that keep these punk-devils having a hell of a time.

R) SIRENS
A heavy fog has set in on the island of the San Francisco Lighthouse. As storm clouds begin to set in overhead, the rolling sounds of thunder are slowly replaced by a sweet calming song. Piercing green eyes approach you through the thick fog as you begin to realize that the creatures singing aren’t nearly as peaceful as the tunes they bellow.

S) Chainsaw Drill Team: Battle of the Bridge
A Cyborg race has mended their extremities to chainsaws and is intent on overtaking the area. The resistance, composed of felons, clowns, and mechanics are locked in an epic battle against this new squad in an effort to protect their legacy. No matter who emerges victorious - there are sure to be casualties suffered by whoever intervenes.

SHOWS:

Rick & Morty's Dimension of the Diabolical

Marathon of Mayhem
This is really neat! By any chance do you know where you got the format for this, and if there’s a Hollywood one available?

Reactions: JMalez
I know it is a 20th Century Fox (therefore Disney) property, but I am curious how you guys would feel personally about the 1986 "The Fly" movie and how it would translate to a haunted house? I feel if they did a "Poltergeist" approach that they would meaning they didn't do a book report it could be very scary. Combination of puppets and costumes tend to be something that strikes well with me.

I would rather a Thriller house honestly with maybe some Blood on The Dance floor or something but... somebody smarter than me how big of a headache would the MJ/Thriller rights be to use as a house? Seems like a pain in the butt. lol.

Appeasing Brian by moving this from The Weeknd thread...

AFAIK all MJ's solo stuff is owned by Sony, while his likeness is owned by his estate. Easy enough to negotiate for either, but the price tag for both would no doubt be steep. Also there would be potential image problems beyond the scope of this thread, and also I believe the Jacksons are members of a religion that rejects Halloween. So a lot of potential hurdles but never say never.

ETA: The estate of Vincent Price would probably get a cut, too. Again, easy to find/negotiate, but this all would start to add up.

Reactions: jseal777