IMAX to come to Universal Cineplex | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

IMAX to come to Universal Cineplex

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If you can, head over to Pointe Orlando.

This! Pointe Orlando has IMO the best IMAX experience in Orlando. The screen is what like 7-8 stories tall. I have seen a few movies there including Harry Potter deathly hallows part 1 and 2. It's worth it! But on the downside it's always in freaking 3d there as well soooo if your looking for a great picture and sound you might want to look at the new theater in Disney. They have equipped one theater with Dolby Atmos and from I have been told by some co-workers its awesome. It's probably where I'm gonna see the Dark Knight Rises. Unless of course it's not in 3d at pointe orlando, then I'm in.

The Dark Knight Rises isn't being released in any form of 3D so Pointe Orlando shouldn't be a problem. :thumbs:

Ohhhh that's good news. I hate it when movies are not shot in 3d but are still released in 3d.

Thank You!

I personally hate 3D movies as well it jacks up the price like $10-$20 here in Tennessee depending on the theater you go to I can go to one of the theaters near me for $5

There are showtimes on Fandango though.

My bad. I checked the TDKR website instead of Fandango and it only shows theaters that use 70mm film instead of digital. I checked Fandango and the IMAX website and it is indeed playing at CityWalk. It was late when I posted that so I didn't read too much into it. :lol:

I wish there was an imax in Northern Ireland, but sadly there isn't. I saw prometheus at the pointe orlando cinema in IMAX 3D, firstly I was blown away at the size of the screen. And secondly I wish america sold sweet popcorn instead of just salted.

I wish there was an imax in Northern Ireland, but sadly there isn't. I saw prometheus at the pointe orlando cinema in IMAX 3D, firstly I was blown away at the size of the screen. And secondly I wish america sold sweet popcorn instead of just salted.
Kettle Corn should be the standard, not salted/buttered

Kettle Corn should be the standard, not salted/buttered

lolwut.jpg

Pointe Orlando uses film for its IMAX? It isn't digital yet?

IMAX film dwarfs the resolution their digital projectors output. Pointe Orlando is still the premiere IMAX theater in the area, and in the state really.

So, just out of sheer curiosity, how many seats are in the IMAX theater? :huh::shrug:

Pointe Orlando has 424. I would estimate Cineplex holds more around 300-350 — that's just a guess though, I've only been in that theater once.