In-Line Entertainment | Inside Universal Forums

In-Line Entertainment

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feb 2, 2018
Lines at HHN get longer and longer each year as the event grows in popularity, and with huge IPs starting to come yearly to the event, this isn't going to change. The line experience, however, doesn't seem to be advancing.

You just stand in a backstage area (some that aren't always the safest places to be walking around in the dark due to rough roads) and shuffle about for however your wait is. When I stood for an hour next to a huge soundstage waiting for dead waters, I couldn't help but think: why don't they have entertainment projected on these huge walls for the guests in line?

They could legitimately just put the first film for the IP of the house on repeat on a projector, and people would love it.

Also, no, those 5 minute shorts don't count, as I find they get annoying the 10th time you hear it repeated (looking at you Shining) and a lot of the time, they are just reused from years past so they have no relevancy. What's up with this?

(BTW, I personally bring those headphones you can plug another set into and jam out with my friend in line)

Lines at HHN get longer and longer each year as the event grows in popularity, and with huge IPs starting to come yearly to the event, this isn't going to change. The line experience, however, doesn't seem to be advancing.

You just stand in a backstage area (some that aren't always the safest places to be walking around in the dark due to rough roads) and shuffle about for however your wait is. When I stood for an hour next to a huge soundstage waiting for dead waters, I couldn't help but think: why don't they have entertainment projected on these huge walls for the guests in line?

They could legitimately just put the first film for the IP of the house on repeat on a projector, and people would love it.

Also, no, those 5 minute shorts don't count, as I find they get annoying the 10th time you hear it repeated (looking at you Shining) and a lot of the time, they are just reused from years past so they have no relevancy. What's up with this?

(BTW, I personally bring those headphones you can plug another set into and jam out with my friend in line)
Licensing. They can't show a full-length anything without paying presentation rights, especially at a for-profit event. It's literally the warning the put in front of home purchases.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Licensing. They can't show a full-length anything without paying presentation rights, especially at a for-profit event. It's literally the warning the put in front of home purchases.
do they have to pay these fees if they are universal owned and distributed?

do they have to pay these fees if they are universal owned and distributed?
Yep, because it's a theme park division showcasing a film division product. They're two different things, and the money is used to pay royalties to the performers. It's also a scaleable amount on how many people are expected to see it.

For every. Single. Showing.

Even if a special rate is used because it's all Universal, the cost of showing Halloween for 6 hours for 40,000 is astronomical compared to what you're getting.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit