Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 177 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Cluzm92WEAApz9n.jpg

LED televisions use prisms and/or polarized light to bend the color seen from each pixel I believe. I assumed this was how the color changes were achieved from all modern LED lights.

Nope these have 4 leads, one for each color and one as the common cathode on each LED in the can (maybe 10 - 12 on the small cans) so they are capable of producing a range of colors from each LED element. The TVs have three for each pixel which allows for faster switching and easier printing to get them all on the screen. The ones in these lights are the size of a pea. The individual LEDs can be changed in intensity through voltage modulation from the driver which is commanded by the lighting computer.

Nope these have 4 leads, one for each color and one as the common cathode on each LED in the can (maybe 10 - 12 on the small cans) so they are capable of producing a range of colors from each LED element. The TVs have three for each pixel which allows for faster switching and easier printing to get them all on the screen. The ones in these lights are the size of a pea. The individual LEDs can be changed in intensity through voltage modulation from the driver which is commanded by the lighting computer.

Could you be more specific?:D

Could you be more specific?:D

I could if you like, I spent a good portion of my life with electronics and production but even more with mechanical pursuits. That is why I love theme park developments so much, it has all the elements of great show and the foundation of great engineering - unless they miss the boat.

Reactions: Teebin
I could if you like, I spent a good portion of my life with electronics and production but even more with mechanical pursuits. That is why I love theme park developments so much, it has all the elements of great show and the foundation of great engineering - unless they miss the boat.

Then, why come don't you?

(awkward sentence/grammar intended)

Then, why come don't you?

(awkward sentence/grammar intended)

What do you want to know about tunable LED lighting? It is rather simple if you want to create any color in the spectrum. The breakthrough was the invention of the blue LED and then they packaged the red, green and blue in the same capsule so a driver could provide voltage to each lead on the LED according to what the lighting computer commanded it to do.

The designers can order anything they want including bright yellow which I would like to see here but I would settle for purple when the car launches.

Did you see the art where the green smoke was added to the launch tube? That could be done with intense green leds and carbon dioxide sprayers. That would set the world on edge (I am watching the Jimmy Hendrix documentary) :)

Reactions: Mad Dog
What do you want to know about tunable LED lighting? It is rather simple if you want to create any color in the spectrum. The breakthrough was the invention of the blue LED and then they packaged the red, green and blue in the same capsule so a driver could provide voltage to each lead on the LED according to what the lighting computer commanded it to do.

The designers can order anything they want including bright yellow which I would like to see here but I would settle for purple when the car launches.

Did you see the art where the green smoke was added to the launch tube? That could be done with intense green leds and carbon dioxide sprayers. That would set the world on edge (I am watching the Jimmy Hendrix documentary) :)

I'll always remember one instructor I had for the way he hinted at over designing. He would tell stories like how much the US spent to design an ink pen that would work in zero gravity while the Russians just took a box of pencils into space.

Back then, I think red was the only light emitting diode that was cost effective to make and he said that the Japanese figured that could put a cheap colored plastic cap over the diode to change the color...I do not know if any of that was true, but he got his point across to me anyway.

Reactions: JoeCamel