Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 56 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is most odd...given the humber of cores I've seen in about 3 pics it looked like they had already cored most of them on the platform.

Yeah, a part of me thinks that those footers were an unexpected event. They just fell apart. On the other hand, we haven't seen one footer with the core removed so I remain vexed.

I really don't think the plan was to ever remove the center of the cores. That was virtually an impossible job to do with as little concrete was left outside and with rebar typing it to the main footer. Seeing how they saw cut horizontally around the diameter of the footer about 6"? down, it looks like the plan was to take that 6" or whatever of the top. Why, I have no idea. But for whatever reason, they decided that wasn't going to achieve the desired results and have decided to go back to ground zero. What I wouldn't give to talk to the GC on this job. lol

Reactions: maxairmike
Sorry if this has been answered already....do we have any confirm that the launch track is being replaced?

Assuming that the generator at the top of the launch tube provided light and other necessities, is it possible that an lsm launch could have been installed during that time? Just blue skying here.

Assuming that the generator at the top of the launch tube provided light and other necessities, is it possible that an lsm launch could have been installed during that time? Just blue skying here. By the way the tires where just fine for me so not hoping for it.

Assuming that the generator at the top of the launch tube provided light and other necessities, is it possible that an lsm launch could have been installed during that time? Just blue skying here.

It wasn't a generator. It was an air compressor. I'm sure the tube already had its own lighting for maintenance and evac purposes. I'd say they replaced the rails in that section rather than replacing the entire track as getting the track out without removing the tube probably would have been a nightmare. I'm guessing they used air grinders to cut the welds. Now its widely assumed they will be replacing the launch system with a LIM or LSM, but I have not seen anything concrete on that.

Yeah, but repouring the upper sections just won't be strong enough despite the rebar I don't think. If they core down into the earth then they are going to end up in watery sand. Can concrete be poured into water? Would it cure properly?
Yes, concrete can be poured into water and will cure. When it sets up, it doesn't simply "dry", it's a chemical reaction. That's why it won't turn mushy again when you add water to it (like dried mud would). One of the only things I remember from chemistry class :)

Yes, concrete can be poured into water and will cure. When it sets up, it doesn't simply "dry", it's a chemical reaction. That's why it won't turn mushy again when you add water to it (like dried mud would). One of the only things I remember from chemistry class :)

Right, I guess I was thinking of a documentary I saw about the building of the hoover dam. They were pouring it so thick and deep to meet deadlines that it wasn't curing properly. They inevitably found a solution of running pipes through every pour and running water through them... either cold or hot... I cannot remember which solved the problem.

Wanted to post this. they are hiring already

9cf46d8dd954d061bc89b894d4621834.png
Well that just confirmed that the "roar" will return..I knew it, it's just too characterizing for the experience.

Nothing was said about the Roar..so you may want to push the brakes on that. Overall experience is what its meant and that can mean anything.
Clearly states hear the roar of the big green thrill ride when it returns..I don't know what else that could mean. And If the roar wasn't returning why would they even go as far as to put it in a job description.