Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jungle Cruise Re-Imagining

I guess I can open up now. The ending will be the AA saying the names of all onboard as you pass by. The RFID tech is the key to this working.

I heard some very old timers were involved in the development and are very pleased they were able to incorporate this amazing technology. I hope they get the audio sorted soon.
Wow, that’ll be great. I don’t think we’ve seen a modern version of this concept since ET. I bet they’ll have a lot of people saying that their name’s Seymour Butts... lol

Wow, that’ll be great. I don’t think we’ve seen a modern version of this concept since ET. I bet they’ll have a lot of people saying that their name’s Seymour Butts... lol
They solved the SB issue through the use of the RFID. It will only say your official Disney name, you know, the one on your credit card.....

If the AA can say people names then cool, sounds great to me

Think we will be fine and hope next year the Jingle Cruise also comes back

All this complaining about the redhead scene as if Pirates wasn’t already bastardized by the addition of Johnny Depp.

Absolutely. Remove all the Depp stuff and let's return to the original story. Ol' Red can harp on about rum or change it to wanting treasure. It would make more sense than trying to shoehorn the movie franchise into the ride. For Jungle Cruise, end could have been just one more animal scene from a last river. They could have called the River of No Return or something similar. I don't need an animatronic to say my name to have fun. It doesn't enhance Small World at all, in my opinion.

We're not doing this. This isn't cancel culture. If you want to criticize the quality of the replacement show scenes and effects, fine, but the fact that many of the scenes being adjusted are culturally insensitive is not up for debate.
Thank you. Sick of the whining.

What's a Trader Sam?

You're getting better at this, Shiekra. Not good, but better. :)

You're getting better at this, Shiekra. Not good, but better. :)
I dropped that on a Twitter thread and got an earful about the history of Trader Sam...People are really invested..

I don't think anyone realized I don't care about a ride's iconography and operate under the mindset that rides should always be in flux and updated regularly for new generations

Come to think of it...I should have just said that.

I also have zero attachment to any Disney rides and see this, Pirates, and Splash redo as only positive improvements

I'm so happy that I don't care about any of these changes. Nothing lasts forever. If they closed the ride completely that would be one thing. Rides eventually need updates to keep them modern enough for new generations. Most young people only know Pirates as a movie franchise now. They also are much more aware of stereotypes. Congrats on being old, like me.

I'm so happy that I don't care about any of these changes. Nothing lasts forever. If they closed the ride completely that would be one thing. Rides eventually need updates to keep them modern enough for new generations. Most young people only know Pirates as a movie franchise now. They also are much more aware of stereotypes. Congrats on being old, like me.

Bingo. I wish I could like this post twice.

I'll bet any money the queue is going to become all about the skippers' and the new owner's backstories.

I'll bet any money the queue is going to become all about the skippers' and the new owner's backstories.

Sounds good to me.

Going back to basics here, but it would be neat if they could incorporate the CM's into this instead of characters in the ride through something like the Yeti queue's magic band scanning. Maybe the CM's can write their own bios and have those come up on flyers when they check in for their shift?

Going back to basics here, but it would be neat if they could incorporate the CM's into this instead of characters in the ride through something like the Yeti queue's magic band scanning. Maybe the CM's can write their own bios and have those come up on flyers when they check in for their shift?

I'd certainly be much more interested in the real CMs working the attraction being incorporated into the queue than I would be for the new characters being invented for the ride's suddenly-elaborate (relative to the previous incarnation) mythology.

But as I've said, we'll see how much of that creeps into being the driving "plot" of the ride; if the attraction itself remains relatively plotless nonsense (which I mean as a good thing), I won't be terribly broken up about changes in the queue provided they're on the level of what was there before.