Jungle Cruise Re-Imagining | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Jungle Cruise Re-Imagining

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I get reduced capacity and all that so the more rides open the better, but could they really not just shut this thing down for 2 weeks and just really be able to get it all done ASAP and without interfering with the guest experience?

I get reduced capacity and all that so the more rides open the better, but could they really not just shut this thing down for 2 weeks and just really be able to get it all done ASAP and without interfering with the guest experience?
Probably thinking if they do one element at a time it won't be so jarring as pulling back the curtain to reveal all the changes at once?

Well they had a whole year to do it but you know Disney money>guest experience.

Well they had a whole year to do it but you know Disney money>guest experience.
This isn't a shot at you in but a general observation: I wish everyone would accept, internalize and get over the fact that Disney values its money more than your experience, and this was never not the case, no, not even when you were a child, no, not even when Walt was in charge.

Disney's always put money at the top, but I think there was absolutely a time when they tried much harder to deliver a higher quality experience for the guest than they do today. I'm talking top-down from the executive level, not from the CMs on the ground, who I think still mostly do a great job in terms of customer service.

Walt Disney and Michael Eisner (despite his faults that materialized after the death of Frank Wells) liked the theme parks. They were (especially in Walt's case) quite passionate about them. Iger and Chapek see them purely as a means to an end. I don't think they have any personal investment in -- or affection for -- them. And that shows up when looking at how they dictate the operation be run.

Reactions: Skold and JoeCamel
This isn't a shot at you in but a general observation: I wish everyone would accept, internalize and get over the fact that Disney values its money more than your experience, and this was never not the case, no, not even when you were a child, no, not even when Walt was in charge.
Ahh but it is the soft underbelly that we can poke at, of course money is the entire purpose, it's a bizzness

Reactions: RevFreako
If you’re the VP of Magic Kingdom, you’re judged by the satisfaction score of the park, not of individual attractions. So it’s 0% surprising that the choice that prioritizes the park satisfaction score is the one that was made.

Reactions: RevFreako

Considering the Yeti on EE has yet to be fixed, I think it's pretty clear WDW is not one to close an attraction for weeks unless it's an absolutely needed refurb. This has always been a conundrum with WDW due to it's global audience, they want all the rides up and running when they visit and if they aren't, it wouldn't surprise me the overall satisfaction goes down.

Conversely for DL being a heavy locals park, their Jungle Cruise is down for the changes and won't be reopening with the park.

Yeah, i'm always surprised when it comes as a shock to people that every company's number one priority is to make money, no matter what their company propaganda says.

So when you go to a Michelin star restaurant and they serve Cracker Barrel food you are okay with it because "they have to make money".
Disney asks an upscale price and should deliver accordingly. It's because of guests (in general) who keep coming up with excuses for bad show and experience that they can get away with it and it's making me miss old Disney where the company made a ton of money and having they highest standards in the theme park world.

Reactions: Skold
So when you go to a Michelin star restaurant and they serve Cracker Barrel food you are okay with it because "they have to make money".
Disney asks an upscale price and should deliver accordingly. It's because of guests (in general) who keep coming up with excuses for bad show and experience that they can get away with it and it's making me miss old Disney where the company made a ton of money and having they highest standards in the theme park world.
You've set up a strawman of my statement, so let's toss that strawman out and start again.

To use your analogy, if that Michelin restaurant is serving Cracker Barrel, and enough people keep coming back that they're making gobs of money, then a) why should they go back to the Michelin food, and b) why should they care that a few of you're crying about how the food used to be? I'm not saying it's right, but I'm saying it's nthe reality.

Yeah, i'm always surprised when it comes as a shock to people that every company's number one priority is to make money, no matter what their company propaganda says.

You would think that Disney is a publicly traded company with stockholders who demand a return on investment. I have worked for publicly traded companies and privately held companies and have seen the angst that precedes an earnings release when the results were less than favorable. It is why I don't understand why Disney can continue to be so inefficient and wasteful on their investments into the parks.

You would think that Disney is a publicly traded company with stockholders who demand a return on investment. I have worked for publicly traded companies and privately held companies and have seen the angst that precedes an earnings release when the results were less than favorable. It is why I don't understand why Disney can continue to be so inefficient and wasteful on their investments into the parks.
Wall Street just likes a positive outlook. Netflix has never turned a profit, yet it's traded for far more than Disney is. Disney+ has similarly never tuned a profit, had all theme parks closed for periods of time over the last year, cruise line still off line, etc ,etc... and yet their stock price is at around the highest it's ever been.

Like I said, give Wall street a positive outlook and they tend to forgive, especially if investors buy into that outlook.