Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I was So worried about the old girl. So happy she is fine. Are my eyes deceiving me or is she slightly repainted, I see more highlights, than I remember, but could just be the photo. Rexy must be protected at all costs. Wish they would put her inside the Discovery center as a photo op with the Explorer.

Looking forward to this going into #raptorwatch mode. Where we see multiple updates on potential softs. That’s always a fun time on the boards.

Looking good! I could’ve sworn I heard that the Explorer was screen-used, does anyone know for sure or is it just a real accurate replica? Kudos to Universal for giving some TLC to the Park IP instead of slapping on a new JW logo which they easily could’ve done. This makes me believe that we’ll be keeping River Adventure (hopefully with a big refurb).

BTW I’ve heard rumblings that there’s a line from Claire and Owen at the end of Velocicoaster that ties it back to the boat ride. Anyone got any insight on this?

Looking good! I could’ve sworn I heard that the Explorer was screen-used, does anyone know for sure or is it just a real accurate replica? Kudos to Universal for giving some TLC to the Park IP instead of slapping on a new JW logo which they easily could’ve done. This makes me believe that we’ll be keeping River Adventure (hopefully with a big refurb).

BTW I’ve heard rumblings that there’s a line from Claire and Owen at the end of Velocicoaster that ties it back to the boat ride. Anyone got any insight on this?
All of the vehicles (Jeep, Explorer and Mercedes) are screen-used. The Jeep and Explorer first appeared in The Boneyard of Universal Studios Florida shortly after the film came out in the 90s.

Well that answers my Question, looks like they lost another light by the bubble top on the Explorer. Glad they added the barriers, harder to ruin the props that way. Still wish they would go and just do a Vinyl wrap on the Whole vehicle, to have the right colors. Might be cheaper then repainting the whole thing. But thats just nitpicking. So Glad she is back!

I just hope they make it a rope barrier instead of the Universal fence there now that will cover up a lot of the Explorer in photos. Looks great though, glad to have it back.

I read some comments about the restrictions regarding guests with waistlines larger than 40in. I know this come up with every new ride but people are upset and claim Universal is fat shaming people. I know this is a controversial subject but shouldn’t ride designers look at these things a little more closely?

I read some comments about the restrictions regarding guests with waistlines larger than 40in. I know this come up with every new ride but people are upset and claim Universal is fat shaming people. I know this is a controversial subject but shouldn’t ride designers look at these things a little more closely?

It’s been a Universal issue for a long time. I wish they seemed to care more.

You'll still see it...it'll just be cleaner and shinier and say 'World' instead of park. :thumbsup:

I'm all for a name change if it means the whole lands get some TLC!
I feel like my justification for getting the whole land changed is just so I don't have to see the Ultrasaur suffer anymore

Otherwise, Universal does a pretty good job of upkeeping JP

Status
Not open for further replies.