Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster - General Discussion

Maybe a knee jerk reaction but seriously based on the reviews across the board and how insanely busy it already is today, JW will be coming to Orlando in full I’m sure, this is gonna be a massive massive hit, re-do river adventure and go for these sort of crowds again in the near future.
Oh my god I would die of happiness if that's true

So based on the park map... they know the T-Rex is inside the building the entire time?!

Those cheeky....
While I am firmly on the team of keep River Adventure JP, I think the map maybe a bit of foreshadowing. Not one wild Raptor, but the Rex & Dilos are shown? No JP Raptor Paddock either. I think we will end up getting the Redo sooner than later but with noticeable differences. No Mosasaur Tank and we get a more fleshed out version of the Indominus enclosure taking the place of the old Raptor Paddock. Or perhaps they didn't Include any Raptor images because that would be overkill.

Universal Orlando has officially opened Jurassic World VelociCoaster, one of the most anticipated attractions at the Resort in recent years and it certainly lives up to the hype.

Not to get too nerdy, but what you're seeing in the video is just a relaunch. A rollback would be if it didn't make it over the top hat and rolled back down. I've heard the chances of that happening are extremely slim, so if that's what happened here then those riders are definitely very very lucky. It looks like this might have just been another stop in launch two, which requires a relaunch. That happens just about daily.

Not to get too nerdy, but what you're seeing in the video is just a relaunch. A rollback would be if it didn't make it over the top hat and rolled back down. I've heard the chances of that happening are extremely slim, so if that's what happened here then those riders are definitely very very lucky. It looks like this might have just been another stop in launch two, which requires a relaunch. That happens just about daily.
I actually think this may've been a full-on rollback judging from two other tweets I've seen.

I think it's just confusion on the term rollback because technically the train is rolling back lol - all those tweets seem to be talking about different incidents, given the timestamps :shrug:

What do you mean? There’s no glass along the waterfront that I saw.

They did add a Team member position next to mosasaurus roll to keep people in the extended queue from misbehaving though.
Yeah, I had thought another part with glass was the area that had it installed recently but I realize it was there from day one. That’s my bad.

Yeah, I had thought another part with glass was the area that had it installed recently but I realize it was there from day one. That’s my bad.
The touchdown after the top hat I’m assuming? Yea.

I’m hoping the Team Member position will be enough that they don’t need to add the glass all along the waterfront, but we shall see.

When the train doesn’t make it over the hill the vehicle goes past the launch (as seen) and then travels back into the second launch as it’s moving. They rolled back.