KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2) | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again going to counter on this. Kung Fu Panda is an IP that NBCUniversal is wanting to invest on; as this year, the Netflix TV show just began airing--and in 2024; Kung Fu Panda will be getting it's next sequel in the series. It's been popular enough to be warranted to be a definitive headline when USH did Lunar New Year (and currently have it as the great headliner for DreamWorks Theater); and they just invested a lot into the Beijing Land of Awesomeness.

Even if it's just going to be a play area, it makes sense to synergize with Kung Fu Panda's next theatrical film coming out around the time this seems to be opening.
Anything China is toxic in the US now since China has sharply turned back toward Communist Party Totalitarianism, plus other issues. Both US political parties are using any former pro China comments
or positions against their opponents. US/China government relations have soured into a pure adversarial position. USH has entirely different demographics with the large Asian California population,
so I wouldn't compare that with Orlando. Panda plays well for China, of course. But it's a shaky situation to invest money into permanent attractions that may engender a negative feedback from
your customer base. Why take a chance when you have plenty of equal IP's that won't create controversy.

Anything China is toxic in the US now since China has sharply turned back toward Communist Party Totalitarianism, plus other issues. Both US political parties are using any former pro China comments
or positions against their opponents. US/China government relations have soured into a pure adversarial position. USH has entirely different demographics with the large Asian California population,
so I wouldn't compare that with Orlando. Panda plays well for China, of course. But it's a shaky situation to invest money into permanent attractions that may engender a negative feedback from
your customer base. Why take a chance when you have plenty of equal IP's that won't create controversy.

what-the-hell-gif-8.gif

I think you're drawing lines that largely don't exist. People haven't stopped eating Chinese food, they won't stop enjoying a martial arts bear movie because there's some Chinese aesthetics in it

I think we're all wrong...

We're getting a year around haunt themed to The Walking Dead. As the prophecies foretold.

Karen Irwin will strike fear into all of you. all of you.

giphy.gif

lmao what??? take your meds kids

and... it will be interesting to speculate until the official announcement of KZ content. I wonder if anyone has any real info at this point. Seems to have caught everyone by surprise until the leaks a few days before the announcement from Universal.

Reactions: Nico
I'm sorry, what? The vast majority of people do not associate Chinese culture and history with their government. That's kind of a ridiculous assumption to make.

Reactions: anihilnation
Politics aside, I could easily see Kung Fu Panda included in some form due to Jack Black’s popularity, but it doesn’t have the same lasting impact as Shrek. Shrek and Trolls will likely duke it out over who gets the headliner of the land, while properties like Madagascar and Kung Fu Panda will probably get a small flat or just a rethemed play area.

I'm just happy some Shrek might be coming out to the states. Enchanted Airways would be an awesome re-theme, tons of fun details for Shrek fans with that one.

Wish the Madagascar penguins would get some love too.

Wow, this has been quite the read.

I'm sure it will be cool, and I'm interested to see what they do. Even if there's no new rides/attractions, the update to the land should be fun. Everyone was so excited when they rethemed Barney to Dreamworks Destination - now they're doing it to the rest of the land, people are losing it?

This is worse than the 2020 HHN Spec thread.

But as someone else mentioned.. I'm curious as to how this will affect HHN.

Reactions: anihilnation
Asking this out of curiosity; but do people remember when Bio took pics of USF recently?

My mind's wondering on the expansion plot next to Woody Woodpecker Nuthouse Coaster and ET right now.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
But as someone else mentioned.. I'm curious as to how this will affect HHN.

I know the year that walls went up for Nintendo, they routed a queue through ET's queue area. I could see that happening again. And then they could put another Queue entrance by MIB's restrooms since they moved one of them over to FFL last year.

I know the year that walls went up for Nintendo, they routed a queue through ET's queue area. I could see that happening again. And then they could put another Queue entrance by MIB's restrooms since they moved one of them over to FFL last year.
This is what I was thinking, it will depend on if the MIB Tent is used next year as well.

Yup. They had a plan in place and even made new walkways in anticipation of the area closing. This go around, there will be less area closed so I don’t think it’ll be a big issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.