KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2) | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After sleeping on it, I keep thinking, if they do take a year on this... We know Universal is capable of A LOT in just a year. Even if it ends up still being two play areas, a rethemed kiddie coaster, and a repurposed theater, I expect this entire area to feel completely new.

They can move mountains in a year, and have done more in less time. I'm excited to see how this plays out.

After sleeping on it, I keep thinking, if they do take a year on this... We know Universal is capable of A LOT in just a year. Even if it ends up still being two play areas, a rethemed kiddie coaster, and a repurposed theater, I expect this entire area to feel completely new.

They can move mountains in a year, and have done more in less time. I'm excited to see how this plays out.
I mean, they built Hagrid's in what.. a year and a half? I can see them doing a really solid job with this.

Fievel's water area rethemed to Shrek's Swamp could honestly be really cool. Just DON'T GET RID OF THAT SLIDE

I know I am likely reading too much into it but Holovis the company doing the audio visual work on Minions Villain Con, posted on their Facebook the announcement that KZ is closing saying "Exciting news!" Maybe this could mean we are getting a dark ride and they are working on it?

Reactions: UNIrd
Out of curiosity, are there any flat rides people would want to see at a Universal park? Plenty of smaller parks get unique flat ride concepts that rarely seem to make it to the majors.

Reactions: Tyc00n96
My one request would still be a nice boat ride featuring Trolls or Kung Fu Panda with a small drop. Just something fun, relaxing, and that would be enjoyable for groups of all ages. I'm not a big Trolls fan, or KFD for that matter, but think that would provide another nice family ride. Something in the 6-7 minute length would be great. They can maybe use boats similar to PotC or It's a Small World to jump the capacity up.

I know I am likely reading too much into it but Holovis the company doing the audio visual work on Minions Villain Con, posted on their Facebook the announcement that KZ is closing saying "Exciting news!" Maybe this could mean we are getting a dark ride and they are working on it?

Do not hold your breath.

Out of curiosity, are there any flat rides people would want to see at a Universal park? Plenty of smaller parks get unique flat ride concepts that rarely seem to make it to the majors.

Honestly, anything other than a Dumbo spinner would be great. We're not getting any with this work, but 2-3 flat rides here (or in a reworked Toon Lagoon) would do wonders for either park

Reactions: anihilnation
If the area is indeed targeted towards young kids, as it is now, there's a lot they can do for small flats targeted to young kids. Example: Kennywood rethemed an area to Thomas the Train, and they have four very small
themed flats that occupy a small sized area. They could do something like that for one of the IP's....and then have one or two larger flats of another IP (like Kodas) targeted for the entire family. None of this requires more than a
an acre or two of the land and leaves plenty land for a redo of the former Barney show building a small show or M&G's ....and a water area for something like Shrek utilizing what's there...and a small coaster similar to Woody Woodpecker if they tear it down. .

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
USJ does a great job of having 3 separate IPs all featuring different flat rides. A carousel and 1-2 other flats could improve the kinetic energy of the area. USF really needs more kinetic energy on this side of the park.

Reactions: Mad Dog
There were at least THREE concepts for KidZone replacements over the last 10 years that all included whip rides—all in the same spot, to the left of the remaining kiddie coaster, for what it's worth.
The Alien Whip ride at DHS is pretty popular, though low capacity. Similar to the Whip ride at Kennywood that's been there forever, and is loads of fun. I'd like to see that at KZ....and
all ages could ride it.

OK--what if they go in an entirely different direction, but still geared towards kids: Camp Jurassic. Except it doesn't actually take place in Camp Jurassic, but rather a roadside tourist trap themed to Camp Jurassic. You could have a spinning Dumbo-like ride, but themed to dinosaurs. You could have a couple of wild mouse coasters, again, themed to dinosaurs. And even some mid-way style games and food kiosks all themed to dinos. It would be like South of the Border, but much less racist. The mascots for the land could be a couple of twin dinos named Lester and Fester. I'll bet they could pull that together by 2024. Maybe sooner.

OK--what if they go in an entirely different direction, but still geared towards kids: Camp Jurassic. Except it doesn't actually take place in Camp Jurassic, but rather a roadside tourist trap themed to Camp Jurassic. You could have a spinning Dumbo-like ride, but themed to dinosaurs. You could have a couple of wild mouse coasters, again, themed to dinosaurs. And even some mid-way style games and food kiosks all themed to dinos. It would be like South of the Border, but much less racist. The mascots for the land could be a couple of twin dinos named Lester and Fester. I'll bet they could pull that together by 2024. Maybe sooner.
Tongue in cheek post for sure. :lol: Sounds like Disney's Animal Kingdom Dino Roadside Tourist Trap area. That hasn't been very successful.

Reactions: MagdolHauntsMe

A year with the plot of land on the park boundary with a staging area next to it to boot.

Reactions: Nico and Mad Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.