KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2) | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A new parade is not planned as of now. Management is a much bigger fan of using entertainment money on street entertainment/shows around the park.

And considering how good ¡Vamos! – Báilalo is, I'm quite fine with them focusing on those.

Reactions: tielo
I think, broadly, a lot of the hesitancy about the KidZone refresh (and VillainCon) is missing the forest for the trees. Not on a “EU is coming way,” but in a “not everything is for you” way. Everyone talks about Universal needing attractions without height restrictions, but get skittish when they create a first-of-its-kind, zero restrictions attraction because screen? People complain about how outdated and irrelevant KidZone is. They announce it’s getting updated to become more relevant and people complain because there are no addition’s included?

Universal is doing what we want. I think it’s just not exactly what we want for us.

I think, broadly, a lot of the hesitancy about the KidZone refresh (and VillainCon) is missing the forest for the trees. Not on a “EU is coming way,” but in a “not everything is for you” way. Everyone talks about Universal needing attractions without height restrictions, but get skittish when they create a first-of-its-kind, zero restrictions attraction because screen? People complain about how outdated and irrelevant KidZone is. They announce it’s getting updated to become more relevant and people complain because there are no addition’s included?

Universal is doing what we want. I think it’s just not exactly what we want for us.
That’s what gets me. You personally don’t have to get excited about ever new attraction. (Trust me, there are PLENTY of people who hate roller coasters who’ve been plenty disappointed in recent years around Orlando while folks like me eat it up.) These aren’t huge attractions by any stretch, but I think they are positive improvements.

That’s what gets me. You personally don’t have to get excited about ever new attraction. (Trust me, there are PLENTY of people who hate roller coasters who’ve been plenty disappointed in recent years around Orlando while folks like me eat it up.) These aren’t huge attractions by any stretch, but I think they are positive improvements.
I don't particularly like largely bare coasters. I haven't ridden Veloci despite having been at IoA many times since it opened. I still think it's a tremendously positive addition and part of the dramatic improvement of the park. I'm not evaluating the Kidzone makeover based on whether it's "for me." I think that accusation is a little unfair because I feel numerous posters have outlined substantive reasons they have doubts about the Kidzone decision that can't be boiled down to disappointment that the area won't cater to them.

I don't particularly like largely bare coasters. I haven't ridden Veloci despite having been at IoA many times since it opened. I still think it's a tremendously positive addition and part of the dramatic improvement of the park. I'm not evaluating the Kidzone makeover based on whether it's "for me." I think that accusation is a little unfair because I feel numerous posters have outlined substantive reasons they have doubts about the Kidzone decision that can't be boiled down to disappointment that the area won't cater to them.
lil bro its not even open yet. how can you tell what the land and play areas will look like

My only gripe with these additions is that they feel very "temporary"

If I see some proper Dreamworks mini-lands, then great, I can wait for a more substantive ride

Same with Minions.

I would probably be more excited about the project if there was a theming package on the outside as well and we were getting a proper "Minions Park" area

Otherwise, I agree, Universal dabbling in some "no height requirement" experiences is an interesting move for them

And let's be honest and say we all spent hours in Feivel and Camp Jurrassic when we were kids. These areas are important

If I see some proper Dreamworks mini-lands, then great, I can wait for a more substantive ride
I'd wait until we have a clearer picture of what extent they're going on this refresh before assuming this'll feel temporary. As Alicia said, they're taking at least a year to do this, there's a lot they can do in that timeframe.

People seem to be jumping to conclusions really fast here. They could very well be leaving a space specifically for an E or D-ticket. I'd much rather see this land get refreshed in 2024 in time for EU than have to wait until 2026 or after for a ride to be constructed too.

I equate this to Disaster: a retheme and refresh to old attractions but not something that’ll be around for a decade.

DreamWorks are a bottom tier Universal IP so a short lived retheme of old attractions seems appropriate.

I equate this to Disaster: a retheme and refresh to old attractions but not something that’ll be around for a decade.

DreamWorks are a bottom tier Universal IP so a short lived retheme of old attractions seems appropriate.
Nah, DreamWorks is a top tier silo of IPs and needs to be utilized much more aggressively in the parks, not least in order to build brand cohesion. A lot of folks know Pixar, Star Wars, and Marvel are Disney, very few know DreamWorks is Universal. They need to change that.

Tearing everything out except for Woody Woodpecker sounds like a great idea. Kidzone with a Sesame Street Land style makeover would do wonders for that section of the park. I think the problem with calling this a retheme is that it gives the idea that it's gonna be a new coat of paint on existing attractions and that's it. Adding new buildings, shops, food stands, and play structures though? That's perfectly fine by me!

Same with Minions.

I would probably be more excited about the project if there was a theming package on the outside as well and we were getting a proper "Minions Park" area

Otherwise, I agree, Universal dabbling in some "no height requirement" experiences is an interesting move for them

And let's be honest and say we all spent hours in Feivel and Camp Jurrassic when we were kids. These areas are important

Actually, I spent hours in Hanna Barbara Land when I was a kid.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Actually, I spent hours in Hanna Barbara Land when I was a kid.
Being quite old, I've been to amusement and theme parks many many times over a good number of decades. Just from an eye proof of popularity, these types of lands, if they are
timely relevant IP's, seem to attract really large crowds of parents and their young kids. Of course, they're not for teens and 20/30 something singles, but the rest of the park is essentially theirs.
KidZone essentially became outdated and died because of that . And, as Nick said in another post, the small crowds picked up a bit when more relevant IP's appeared replacing Barney. That's
kind of proof of the pudding. The redo for the zone with newer IP's that are popular with kids should rejuvenate the crowds.....and....a more crowded new KidZone should help ease the USF capacity
problem by diverting more people to that currently nearly dead section of the park.....It's a win win.

Last edited:
Reactions: UniversalRBLX
Being quite old, I've been to amusement and theme parks many many times over a good number of decades. Just from an eye proof of popularity, these types of lands, if they are
timely relevant IP's, seem to attract really large crowds of parents and their young kids. Of course, they're not for teens and 20/30 something singles, but the rest of the park is essentially theirs.
KidZone essentially became outdated and died because of that . And, as Nick said in another post, the small crowds picked up a bit when more relevant IP's appeared replacing Barney. That's
kind of proof of the pudding. The redo for the zone with newer IP's that are popular with kids should rejuvenate the crowds.....and....a more crowded new KidZone should help ease the USF capacity
problem by diverting more people to that currently nearly dead section of the park.....It's a win win.

I donno, mate. My wife had a blast in there.

I donno, mate. My wife had a blast in there.

I could have a lot of captions for that, but I'll refrain, since this is a 'Kids' oriented thread. Cheers, my friend. :lol: :thumbsup: :cheers:....and, we have a blast in Camp Jurassic. That's a good, actually great, adults and kids
fun area.

Status
Not open for further replies.