KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2) | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My prediction:

EU is going to open, and we're not gonna care much about the lack of exciting attractions in 2022-2024.
Weeeell, if they do it right the Minions thing could be quite fun and re-rideable...or re-standable...whatever

And the Dreamworks area will be a nice aesthetic upgrade and synergistic

Or they could both be terrible and cheap fixes that will get replaced again in 5 years

Either way, yes...EU will be great

They are not reusing that much. I expect them to tear everything up. This land is old.
Old and crusty.

Makes sense, a coat of fresh paint is not going to save KZ lol, and face it, the playground isn't that good. Getting rid of it all and having a real top notch immersive playground replacing it makes sense. As for he coaster, is it still in good shape? Hopefully they will also redo the breakroom for TMs, they don't even have their own lead/supervisor office.

Also this isn't the only 2024 addition from what I understand.

Also for Studios, or something for IOA?

I hope they invest big in the replacement of Kids Zone. Families with kids also need to be apreciated and some good and fun family rides with beautifull theming should be the standard. In the end Universal wants to have 3 (dry) theme parks that are equaly loved to spread the crowd so they don't get a WDW problem where most guests want to visit MK but any of the other parks never could survive on their own outside a theme park capital.

I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised when I checked my email this morning and had an email from Karen announcing this.

This is like a 1/100 on the "interesting" scale but I thought it odd that Karen's email capitalized any use of the word "Guest", but the external communication had it in lowercase.

So I've sat on my patio and listened to what some birdies are singing and have some ideas of where this is likely going.
  • Nuthouse stays, receives a refurb, and gets a new IP attached.
  • Fievel, CG, and all the pavement is demo'd.
  • DreamWorks Destination stays but is revamped specifically for the show.
  • Two new IPs to replace the old play areas.
  • The total number of IPs is unknown but at least three.
  • Some of the plays areas might be interactive in some way.

So I've sat on my patio and listened to what some birdies are singing and have some ideas of where this is likely going.
  • Nuthouse stays, receives a refurb, and gets a new IP attached.
  • Fievel, CG, and all the pavement is demo'd.
  • DreamWorks Destination stays but is revamped specifically for the show.
  • Two new IPs to replace the old play areas.
  • The total number of IPs is unknown but at least three.
Sounds right. I imagine Jade mountain from KFP is an easy to make background for a play area for Kung Fu Panda, and that IP especially makes sense for some interactivity. I think since purchasing Nintendo and attracting Nintendo fans, making your parks more interactive is a brilliant move!

Perhaps a technological device that fastens securely around one's wrist like a bracelet and triggers specific functionality in the immediate vicinity.

A "magic band", if you will.

Jokes aside, it would be a very interesting to see it as technology testbed for Orlando, given that the power up band exists in two other parks by this point, and expanded use would be welcome in Epic Universe (or Universal Orlando at HHN plz).

So does anyone know what's happening with E.T. Adventure, Animal Actors and Spongebob in terms of land theming / naming? They never made sense to be part of "Woody Woodpecker's Kidzone" in the first place but with the upcoming retheme of the attractions beyond it I would think they'd rezone these three attractions no? I'm still holding out hope they refurb the E.T. entrance to be more in line with "Hollywood" so that area can at least have ONE ride in it. E.T. entrance is also one of the most hideous places in the entire resort which is sad given the attraction itself is so wonderful.

So does anyone know what's happening with E.T. Adventure, Animal Actors and Spongebob in terms of land theming / naming? They never made sense to be part of "Woody Woodpecker's Kidzone" in the first place but with the upcoming retheme of the attractions beyond it I would think they'd rezone these three attractions no? I'm still holding out hope they refurb the E.T. entrance to be more in line with "Hollywood" so that area can at least have ONE ride in it. E.T. entrance is also one of the most hideous places in the entire resort which is sad given the attraction itself is so wonderful.
I don't think they will be touched until the rest opens

I don't think they will be touched until the rest opens
OK but then once the rest of the rethemed land opens what happens in terms of cohesion? Will these remaining attractions just be lumped in with the "new" land even though they aren''t going to be at all related to the new animated IPs that the land are anchored around? E.T. Adventure will be located in a Dreamworks animation land? Ugh. It makes more sense to just zone that courtyard area as part of Hollywood, add some trees and minor Hollywood theming elements and call it a day. Then just move the new land entrance sign over to where the Feivel entrance is now.

With so many years of planning for this area and countless designs thrown in the trash, it will be mighty sad if (on top of not even receiving a new attraction) we're also stuck with the same hideous "expo" courtyard between E.T. and Animal Actors. These never made any sense to be labelled as part of "Kidzone" anyway but now they'll be even MORE out of place and nonsensical for the land on top of being hideous beyond all reason.

OK but then once the rest of the rethemed land opens what happens in terms of cohesion? Will these remaining attractions just be lumped in with the "new" land even though they aren''t going to be at all related to the new animated IPs that the land are anchored around? E.T. Adventure will be located in a Dreamworks animation land? Ugh. It makes more sense to just zone that courtyard area as part of Hollywood, add some trees and minor Hollywood theming elements and call it a day. Then just move the new land entrance sign over to where the Feivel entrance is now.

With so many years of planning for this area and countless designs thrown in the trash, it will be mighty sad if (on top of not even receiving a new attraction) we're also stuck with the same hideous "expo" courtyard between E.T. and Animal Actors. These never made any sense to be labelled as part of "Kidzone" anyway but now they'll be even MORE out of place and nonsensical for the land on top of being hideous beyond all reason.
Don't know, I'll find out when they build it. Until then plenty of other things to look at

I like that little courtyard, and I imagine I’ll like it more once KidZone signage is gone. Not everything has to be hyper immersive.

Reactions: Darko
Status
Not open for further replies.