KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2) | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don’t know if it’s gotten the ax. It may be a later addition.

My expectations are in somewhat in-line with the Screamscape rumors. A massive refresh. Maybe some structural changes but no drastic departures from the current layout. More specifically, I don’t expect them to take advantage of the space available where B79 is. Not because nothing is planned, but because it’s not necessary in 2024.

2023 - VillainCon
2024 - Destination DreamWorks redo of KidZone
2025 - EU
(Speculation beyond 2025)
2026 - Something in IoA
2027 - New ride in Destination DreamWorks.
2028 - Phase 2 at EU

Think big picture.

I think, broadly, a lot of the hesitancy about the KidZone refresh (and VillainCon) is missing the forest for the trees. Not on a “EU is coming way,” but in a “not everything is for you” way. Everyone talks about Universal needing attractions without height restrictions, but get skittish when they create a first-of-its-kind, zero restrictions attraction because screen? People complain about how outdated and irrelevant KidZone is. They announce it’s getting updated to become more relevant and people complain because there are no addition’s included?

Universal is doing what we want. I think it’s just not exactly what we want for us.

I think these 2 points are spot on, especially with the possibility of this being a "Phase 1"... A bridge for USF that doesn't take away from 2025 being EU's year. We just don't know enough and are getting way ahead of ourselves since we just "kinda have an idea" about what's coming.

We don’t know if it’s gotten the ax. It may be a later addition.

My expectations are in somewhat in-line with the Screamscape rumors. A massive refresh. Maybe some structural changes but no drastic departures from the current layout. More specifically, I don’t expect them to take advantage of the space available where B79 is. Not because nothing is planned, but because it’s not necessary in 2024.

2023 - VillainCon
2024 - Destination DreamWorks redo of KidZone
2025 - EU
(Speculation beyond 2025)
2026 - Something in IoA
2027 - New ride in Destination DreamWorks.
2028 - Phase 2 at EU

Think big picture.

Also this isn't the only 2024 addition from what I understand.

That’s what gets me. You personally don’t have to get excited about ever new attraction. (Trust me, there are PLENTY of people who hate roller coasters who’ve been plenty disappointed in recent years around Orlando while folks like me eat it up.) These aren’t huge attractions by any stretch, but I think they are positive improvements.
Bingo.

I'm not a "big coasters" kind of guy. I love Hagrids and ride it every trip - and likely will never ride Velocicoaster. It's just not for me. It's still done wonders for the park and seems to be an absolute home run.

And as others have mentioned - these play areas can be fun for adults. My fiancee are I are both mid-20s, and we have a blast in Camp Jurassic and If I Ran the Zoo.

Reactions: Darko and MatheusPG
Just to keep expectations in check... (Sorry... :creep:)

We are "bridging" to EU so it's not going to be anything major.
They'll finally put a show in IOA!

But it will be the wrong show with the wrong I.P and it won't be big or "permanent" enough :eek:O:.

Universal spoiled me for years. It did everything right. I freely admit that I'm very prone to jump the gun, having seen my first theme park love, WDW, collapse into mediocrity. I'm almost certainly being unfair, but its hard for me not to hear faint echoes...
Circling back to this real quick since the hesitancy seems to be a big talking point. I think it's important to realize the Uni has had plenty of moments of "mediocrity". It happens.

A lot of people see that several year period prior to Potter as Uni's big moment of disappointment. Some would say the same about the major ride issues USF faced in the first few years of operation (BTTF being delayed by a year, Jaws being a long-term mess, etc.). Hell, some felt Uni was headed down that path after the 1-2 punch of Fallon and F&F. It wouldn't even shock me if we look back years from now and see right now as a rough period for Uni in terms of shows/entertainment with how many theaters are left empty. It's all a matter of opinion and what you want from the parks honestly.

The big picture stuff all still seems exciting for the near future IMO and I don't think what little details we have right now for this project are worth any level of major fear.

I'm hoping maybe a new show for Islands to help balance things out a bit more between the two parks.
IOA really needs a 'good' live theater show, for a break from the ride pace and another escape from the rain. They could also use more street entertainment. Ride capacity is better
at IOA than Studios, except when it rains.

IOA really needs a 'good' live theater show, for a break from the ride pace and another escape from the rain. They could also use more street entertainment. Ride capacity is better
at IOA than Studios, except when it rains.
They could easily shove in a Madagascar or Panda show

Status
Not open for further replies.