King Kong Speculation Thread | Page 182 | Inside Universal Forums

King Kong Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amen.

Quick shot in the dark question for anyone. I just got a Universal Preferred pass with 3 months free. It expires the last week of June. What do you guys and gals think the chances are of me riding this beast before my pass expires? I know it isn't opening this year.

Most here would be shocked if it wasn't open by then. From what insiders are saying this sounds like it'll be open for Spring Break 2016.

Amen.

Quick shot in the dark question for anyone. I just got a Universal Preferred pass with 3 months free. It expires the last week of June. What do you guys and gals think the chances are of me riding this beast before my pass expires? I know it isn't opening this year.

Knowing what I know, I would say very very good with the caveat that this is a very high tech ride and it makes me nervous for them.

BTW, @gentPerry was correct. I was shocked that he guessed it yet I will say no more.

Teebs, will the part that juts out of the main structure (load & unload) receive rockwork as well? They seem to be doing this very L to R. I guess the announcement will tell but I'm just too impatient. If only I had some decent site plans to calm my nerves about this facade...

Teebs, will the part that juts out of the main structure (load & unload) receive rockwork as well? They seem to be doing this very L to R. I guess the announcement will tell but I'm just too impatient. If only I had some decent site plans to calm my nerves about this facade...

The site plans have changed drastically over time and apparently so has the ride path maybe sorta kinda. I feel confident that every little cranny will be themed to the hilt on this one.

The left to right may be a result of last minute complete changes to the right. The left is mostly consistent with earlier plans and thus ready to begin first.

That's what I felt was the case, since structural work precedes the rest, and the right was almost worrying me with how bare it was.

One thing I'm very interested in is how the ride track is going to look to guests viewing the ride from outside. Also if there will be a way to stop light from bleeding in besides a regular curve (i.e. if the temple doors will open and close a la JPRA). It's interesting to note that there doesn't seem to be any sort of water aspect to the facade, either, given that this is Skull Island and that a key scene in the film was the boat's entry past the jagged skull rock.

That's what I felt was the case, since structural work precedes the rest, and the right was almost worrying me with how bare it was.

One thing I'm very interested in is how the ride track is going to look to guests viewing the ride from outside. Also if there will be a way to stop light from bleeding in besides a regular curve (i.e. if the temple doors will open and close a la JPRA). It's interesting to note that there doesn't seem to be any sort of water aspect to the facade, either, given that this is Skull Island and that a key scene in the film was the boat's entry past the jagged skull rock.

Goodness, you haven't been following along for a while. The ride track will look like a bare road... as in, there is no track, just a roadway.

There will be two or three mega doors with perhaps secondary light blockage systems.

I don't see a skull working during the ride, but I really have no idea.

Reactions: violarum
Knowing what I know, I would say very very good with the caveat that this is a very high tech ride and it makes me nervous for them.

BTW, @gentPerry was correct. I was shocked that he guessed it yet I will say no more.

My wife and I were in the Netherlands last year and the high quality of the public transportation sparked a thought so I just did a google search for Netherlands based manufacturers of public transit vehicles. Thus... VDL!

My wife and I were in the Netherlands last year and the high quality of the public transportation sparked a thought so I just did a google search for Netherlands based manufacturers of public transit vehicles. Thus... VDL!

And thank goodness your mind went in that direction... right company, but... wrong product. It is a vast enterprise and this is such a secret for UC.

Goodness, you haven't been following along for a while. The ride track will look like a bare road... as in, there is no track, just a roadway.

There will be two or three mega doors with perhaps secondary light blockage systems.

I don't see a skull working during the ride, but I really have no idea.

This is interesting because I have been following this thread religiously and didn't know about the bare road either. I also had wondered myself if water would be involved for the outside portion, so I guess we can clear that up as a no. But does this mean the vehicles will be DRIVEN, like Kilamanjaro Safaris? I knew there would be a tour guide of sort, like Jaws, but I was assuming it would still be on a track. Any other information you can provide about the vehicles would be helpful as well. Thank you as always for saying what you can.

This is interesting because I have been following this thread religiously and didn't know about the bare road either. I also had wondered myself if water would be involved for the outside portion, so I guess we can clear that up as a no. But does this mean the vehicles will be DRIVEN, like Kilamanjaro Safaris? I knew there would be a tour guide of sort, like Jaws, but I was assuming it would still be on a track. Any other information you can provide about the vehicles would be helpful as well. Thank you as always for saying what you can.

Every question and statement from you here is defeated by technology. That which seems true on this attraction is not necessarily true. This is why I am so nervous for it.

I hope that everyone here knows that I am obnoxiously coy with info for legal reasons. I will allow you to figure it out... but I cannot ever tell you.

Well the vehicles have to be self driving. But if the road is to look bare then are there embedded sensors in the road, under the road, or on the side of the road? Or could it use some nav system from above? I feel like you are concerned with how they are going to ultimately control the vehicles in a reliable manner, especially if they are trying to hide all of the technology perfectly out of sight.

Self Driving vehicles like google cars? I would think massive versions of Antarctica RVs would be more feasible reliable.

Doesn't the ride system for Antarctica remember its course and use local GPS to navigate? That way it could easily be changed by computer at any time. I'm guessing Ratatouille in Paris is the same way. These rides use computers to distribute the ride vehicles to different load/unload stations based on availability automatically, and without having to wait for track switches (like Mummy or Gringotts).

Not that Kong would use this system specifically, but maybe they're trying out their own trackless computer programed course.

[video=youtube;Fm_bQf6zYKU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm_bQf6zYKU[/video]

Problem with oceaneering's trackless system (at least for as far as it works in Antarctica) is that as soon as one of the RVs goes offline for any reason the entire system halts and has to be reset.

Problem with oceaneering's trackless system (at least for as far as it works in Antarctica) is that as soon as one of the RVs goes offline for any reason the entire system halts and has to be reset.

Yea, but same could be said of any attraction really.. And it couldn't be any worse than Mummy or Gringots where if the system senses anything on the track (even if there's not actually anything obstructing) the ride vehicles can no longer move and must be evacuated (which has happened to me twice on each ride now).

One would hope that UC's version of trackless would be a bit better than Oceaneering's, as far as comms go anyway, but with new technology comes new issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.