King Kong Speculation Thread | Page 180 | Inside Universal Forums

King Kong Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That facade will look amazing if the fire is done to that scale, couldn't imagine how cool it would look if seen at a distance. Just hope the bill isn't ridiculous so it can last

I doubt it. Transformers is less about being green, and more about not burning your face off or burning the building down. Everything is far too close to everything else for a fire effect, especially in that scene.
Nope. Transformers is fireless because of California's strict regulation about use of fire. And since Transformers was originally designed for California, it was never engineered for actual fire. And UC saw no need to retrofit the effect for Orlando.

Nope. Transformers is fireless because of California's strict regulation about use of fire. And since Transformers was originally designed for California, it was never engineered for actual fire. And UC saw no need to retrofit the effect for Orlando.

Yup. Hence why Mummy USF gets a ceiling of fire, but USH's doesn't.

[video=youtube;l6iQrrA1RK4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6iQrrA1RK4[/video]

Doesn't the upgrade to Big Thunder Mountain at Disneyland have fire now? 2:15 to 2:30 of this video.

Wasn't TF originally designed for Singapore? Do any of their rides have indoor fire?

Wasn't TF originally designed for Singapore? Do any of their rides have indoor fire?
It was designed for California and Singapore simultaneously but opened in Singapore before the Hollywood one was done because demolition of Backdraft took longer than building on undeveloped land in Singapore.

Last edited:
I decided to do something a little different this time. In addition to taking photos I took some video as well. It can help illustrate just how massive the building really is. You can see all the photos here too.

[video=youtube;sVgcjWGGBHk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVgcjWGGBHk[/video]

P1020470-1024x768.jpg

You can see in the above picture how the rockwork bricks get bigger as they get closer to the ground to create a forced perspective feel.

P1020525-1024x768.jpg

P1020531-1024x768.jpg

P1020518-1024x768.jpg

P1020494-1024x768.jpg

P1020506-1024x768.jpg

Thanks Alicia! The video from so many angles is very helpful.

I am struck by how slow and labor intensive the rebar work is compared to the actual concrete and sculpting. Perhaps Nassal's folks aren't quite proficient with the twisty-tie tool.

Thanks Alicia! The video from so many angles is very helpful.

I am struck by how slow and labor intensive the rebar work is compared to the actual concrete and sculpting. Perhaps Nassal's folks aren't quite proficient with the twisty-tie tool.

Perhaps they get paid by the twist.

And you're welcome! Doing a video was fun.

Perhaps they get paid by the twist.

And you're welcome! Doing a video was fun.

Those doing the rebar are almost definitely paid by the hour, IDK possibly the rock work is a set amount. But when the mud is coming out it's got to be put up while still workable. I will also say the backing must meet or exceed a specification and probably needed several inspections during the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.