King Kong Speculation Thread | Page 178 | Inside Universal Forums

King Kong Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I stopped by today and the green walls were down on the path. It looks like the path was widened a little bit, which is nice now with the large crowds that were there today! The plants and mulch have been cleaned up, and it looks like a little vegetation was removed to accommodate the wider path.

Also, some trees and plants were removed on the Kong side of the path in one spot near the food stand. This means we actually get a better view of construction. Looks like they landscaped the area with new mulch here too. Pictures below.

P1020542.jpg

The pavement color is different were it was widened.

P1020476.jpg

P1020477.jpg

P1020485.jpg

This little area is more open now, missing some trees and plants it seems.

P1020487.jpg

P1020483.jpg

I'll post some more construction progress pics in a couple days, not enough time at the moment.

I really kinda hate the jagged, redundant facade wall, I really hope there is something to distract from it or at least a really good paint job? Or maybe there will just be a lot more theming on ground level.

I really kinda hate the jagged, redundant facade wall, I really hope there is something to distract from it or at least a really good paint job? Or maybe there will just be a lot more theming on ground level.
I think we'll be seeing a lot of temple artifacts in the foreground, crumbling statues, and maybe even some arches branching out over the pathway to create some sense of distance between us and that jagged backdrop.

I am really disliking the "mountain range" effect on the facade. It feels extremely repetitive and flat.
That being said, I am NOT judging the final product, of course. I am sure it will be much better when it opens. Hopefully.

I am really disliking the "mountain range" effect on the facade. It feels extremely repetitive and flat.
That being said, I am NOT judging the final product, of course. I am sure it will be much better when it opens. Hopefully.

A similar style of outline can be found behind foliage to block buildings and behind the scenes at DAK. Taking that info I can guess that there might be bamboo or something else up top. /random speculation

Wow, no more King Kong who, nothing to see here folks move along... That expansion is so painfully obvious now should we expect an announcement soon? Although London was nearly complete and ready to open before they acknowledged it was Potter. :kingkong:

Wow, no more King Kong who, nothing to see here folks move along... That expansion is so painfully obvious now should we expect an announcement soon? Although London was nearly complete and ready to open before they acknowledged it was Potter. :kingkong:

Actually, they have. During the Universal quarterly report the CFO accidentally announced the Kong expansion.

How far beyond the fence was this rebar work? I can't tell if the zoom makes it appear closer than it is. Thanks for the great pics Bri!

IMG_4835_zpsml48rjlj.jpg

I believe it is actually the back of the self-contained sample brickwork piece, not part of the construction itself. And it is really really close to the gate here on Toon Lagoon side, just out of the way for the workers is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.