King Kong Speculation Thread | Page 176 | Inside Universal Forums

King Kong Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Skull Island will be its own island. The construction walls might be there to help widen the path to the right (a teensy tiny bit, taking away some of the Camp Jurassic vegetation) to make more room for the Kong entrance area. The way the path twists and turns could do a Skull Island area enough justice to feel like its own land. Jurassic Park would technically start right at the Thunder Falls restaurant, directly after the Kong exit path merges into main path.

I think Skull Island will be its own island. The construction walls might be there to help widen the path to the right (a teensy tiny bit, taking away some of the Camp Jurassic vegetation) to make more room for the Kong entrance area. The way the path twists and turns could do a Skull Island area enough justice to feel like its own land. Jurassic Park would technically start right at the Thunder Falls restaurant, directly after the Kong exit path merges into main path.

Yeah I was thinking that as well, although it may seem like the paths are being crammed in between. Definitely going to be interesting on how they decide to differentiate Kong from JP, and keep them from clashing.

How can a ride be it's own land? So Transformers is it's own land? No it's not. Unless they are ripping Toon Lagoon out to expand to skull island that attraction alone has to be apart of JP right?

It just hit me, all of the Dinosaur electric fences have been torn out now, right? Or were there ever fences on the southern entrance area?

Taking the fences down from the kong side, as well as the T.rex picture spot was the first thing they did before they got started on construction. There used to be fences with the blue lights all along that side where kongstruction is happening now. They also took out a lot of trees when they took down the fences.

I think they may be removing/covering up the visible fences on the camp jurassic side next. Perhaps some well placed bamboo?

How can a ride be it's own land? So Transformers is it's own land? No it's not. Unless they are ripping Toon Lagoon out to expand to skull island that attraction alone has to be apart of JP right?

Universals standard of land is an attraction and at least 1 retail and 1 food venue. Elements that can be tied together in one central immersive theme. It can be considered a mini land. Springfield is considered a land and only has one attraction. I personally like the idea of calling it all one thing like "the lost world" then having the JP section and then kong.

They'll make it its own land of island to fit the overarching theme and #story of IOA.

Have you all read the original story that they made of how islands came to be? We need an updated version where skull island rises from hell and hogwarts castle falls from space

Here's some pictures from my most recent visit. They're starting to assemble the pillars on the right side of the temple gate now, so when they're done with the rockwork on the left side they'll be ready to start on the ones on the right.

I also compiled some snapshots of Kongstruction since groundbreaking started last year. Click here to see the image at a higher resolution, and as always you can view the post on my blog for all of today's pictures. Enjoy!

A snapshot from each month since groundbreaking started last year. View full size.

New Construction Photos:

P1020431-1024x768.jpg

P1020332.jpg

P1020408-1024x768.jpg

P1020402-1024x768.jpg

P1020399-1024x768.jpg

P1020403-1024x768.jpg

P1020353-1024x768.jpg

P1020352-1024x768.jpg

P1020345-1024x768.jpg

P1020425-1024x768.jpg

P1020414-1024x768.jpg

P1020351-1024x768.jpg

See more images here.

They'll make it its own land of island to fit the overarching theme and #story of IOA.
Yes, I agree with that. Lot's of acreage, though nice to have, isn't really needed to differentiate a land. If that area is immersively themed to Kong/Skull Island, with some type of division, minor or significant, from the adjacent lands, that will be sufficient. Just take a look at Disney's Hong Kong Park's Mystic Manor, there's the attraction and just a small garden area, and that's it. But it's received great reviews, primarily on the strength of the ride. Kong will be significant in it's own right.

Thanks for the photos as always Alicia. Looks to me like the rockwork sculpting has lost a little bit of depth in some places; likely to be where slight colour variations are being applied I suppose. Never a dull moment.

Why can't they first fix the fact that you can see Jurassic park from inside the Hogwarts greenhouse and vise versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.